The Student Room Group

OCR - A2 - Law of Contract (G155) - 15th June PM

Haven't seen a thread for this module yet, surely my class aren't the only ones on TSR doing this exam!

Anyone else really bricking it? I can only reise offer/acceptance, consideration, implied terms, misrepresentation & remedies

With no revision done, and only 2 days to do these topics, I'm screwed but ahh well hahaa
Reply 1
i feel exactly the same!!
although i am pretty certain it is a morning exam? have you learnt about ao2 points etc ? if so do you have any on the case of harvey v facey and harris v nickerson?!
getting desperate here aha
Original post by wallaby18
although i am pretty certain it is a morning exam? have you learnt about ao2 points etc ? if so do you have any on the case of harvey v facey and harris v nickerson?!

Ahh, it says on my exam timetable that it starts at 1pm
& which bits are the A02? Like cases? & when you use cases, you only briefly outline the facts & explain it's significance
You've also got to always try to link back to the question
I only need 31/120 marks to get a C overall so I should be okay :')
hey i'm not doing this unit, i'm doing criminal law but i was wondering if anyone could give me some help in regard to ums marks/grade boundaries. i've asked my teacher but she's just clueless and doesn't know what i need to get and i've tried working it out for myself and i'm really confused.

i need a B overall

unit 1 was 99/120.. which was an a, but i don't know what the ums mark was
unit 2 i don't have the individual mark but on my script is says 'equivalent of 158' so i'm guessing i got 59, but don't know what grade or ums mark that is
unit 3 i got 83 which was a c, but i have no idea what the ums mark for that was either.

yeah basically if anyone has any idea i'd be very grateful =/
Original post by wallaby18

Harvey v Facey:
-Letter here was a mere request for information not an offer capable of acceptance
-Statement "lowest cash price of £900" was never an offer, the defendant & plaintiff were never advanced from the negotiation stage

Harris v Nickerson:
-An advert is a mere invitation to hold a sale
-Does not amount to offer capable of acceptance

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 5
Any chance anyone can send their revision notes.. Essay plans etc?? I'm so behind it's unbelievable!

And are there any topics which you are missing out from revision?
Original post by ancanc
Any chance anyone can send their revision notes.. Essay plans etc?? I'm so behind it's unbelievable!

And are there any topics which you are missing out from revision?

Wish I could help, but my revision notes are handwritten and in a book so doubt that'd be much use :s-smilie:

I'm revising consideration, offer & acceptance (which will always be on the paper - whether that be on section A, B or C), misrepresentation, implied terms and a bit on breach & remedies - so I'm missing out the likes of undue influence, express terms, performance etc

There's so many topics :eek:
Reply 7
Is anyone bothering to learn intention?
I know it was on the special study but apparently the examiners have said it may still be on in the form of a dilemma question :/
paid little attention all year, rubbish teacher just put me off :frown:

weak most topics and just gonna give it my best shot

gonna give the resit next friday a better go

prefer AS :frown:
Reply 9
Thankyou! Gonna be an allnighter for me tonight! :frown:
Reply 10
Oh yeh any good websites for revision??
Don't do an all nighter!
Go to sleep and get up earlyish tomorrow (7:30-8) and revise at like 8:30 till 11:30
Don't panic, it's a stupid unit (would have preferred criminal law) but all that can be done now is the best

Good luck guys (I know I'll need it)

:smile:
Well that was a bit of a nightmare for me...completely forgot about consideration for section A & wrote mostly about past consideration :frown: section B was iffy and section C was fine
That's a grade C for me destroying my chance of Newcastle uni, Sunderland here I come
Reply 13
Original post by accountant-future
Well that was a bit of a nightmare for me...completely forgot about consideration for section A & wrote mostly about past consideration :frown: section B was iffy and section C was fine
That's a grade C for me destroying my chance of Newcastle uni, Sunderland here I come

Exactly how I feel, and weirdly enough I'm also hoping to go to Newcastle Uni! :')
Reply 14
anyone resiting special study on friday?!?!?!?!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending