The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
how was the entrance exam and interview for. Constanta?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Hi, I hope someone can answer my question...
I'm looking into applying to med school in Bulgaria, Varna has a pretty good school and I love the city.
I hope I can get in this year thou... Does anyone know what document I can give them for my A-level results from this year, since my certificate will arrive in October and the confirmation of test results to third party letter takes 6 weeks to arrive which takes me to October again.
What was accepted in Rumania to prove A-level results?
Reply 42
you need a letter from your school/college to verify your results. Try going through MDA med degree abroad kinda expensive but very helpful, im going with them to get in for this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Hi Rabia,
do you mean by my tutor?
I already spoke to my college admin and they said I need to speak to the exam board which came up with the confirmation of test results to third party letter which takes 6 weeks, so no point really.
Thanks for your advice.
I looked at MDA, but I think I will go with another company. I am trying to prepare and clear things for myself a bit.
Reply 44
my head of sixth form signed mine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Hi Guys. Please avoid any agency charging you fees.

It is a complete waste of money. Everything a fee charging "agent" does you can do yourself or get a free agency to help you. I have applied through an agency to Pleven because they don't charge anything and came with the university's recommendation. The likes of MDA are simply ripp offs that are making money out of people's fears and aspirations.

Look what happened with plusmed in Bucharest last year when a load of people who paid them didn't get a place. Their website has now all changed to constanta after the mess they left in Bucharest last year.
Reply 46
Hi mobot,

which agency did you use for this please?
Reply 47
Hey, Is there any chance of me being able to study medicine? I really want to be a Dr anything you suggest i will try and do. I am dyslexic and did have crap teachers btw. I will go to any med school i can get into ranking is not important to me!

GCSE:

English Language: C
Mathematics: C
Core Science: C
Additional Science: B
Psychology: B
RE: A
Electronics: D
BTEC Science: 4 x A*s

A Level Options

Biology
Chemistry
Psychology
Sociology
Maths Self Teaching to AS or Will do anything that is recommended
BTEC Science Medical in my free lessons

GCSE Resits In Sixth Form Any Recommendations?
IGCSE Biology, Chemistry, Physics (For Definite)

Other Courses:
L3 Diploma In Counselling
Hi,
Anyone going to study Medicine at Varna this year?
Reply 49
Original post by medicine_abroad
Applying to medicine can be an incredibly challenging process, from writing a perfect personal statement to obtaining offers.. applicants undergo extreme stress! However, even those who were successful in getting offers cannot rest in peace until results day which is approaching near very fast!! And for those who were not so successful, you may feel hopeless and unsure of what to do next in terms of your medicine career.
Studying medicine abroad is not necessarily the first option that may come to your mind while figuring out what to do. This is not an easy option, requires a lot of thought process and research. To make this easier for those of you who are already going through stress, I have created this thread! From personal experience, I will aim to answer all your questions..no matter how big or small!
I am currently studying medicine in Romania! I have just completed my first year and in october..I will be starting my second!! The course is taught entirely in English and yes you do have romanian language classes everyweek but not much emphasis is placed on learning the language although the faster you learn it, the better for later years! The course structure may be slightly different from UK medical schools but even in the UK, each medical school differs from one another.. The course content is pretty much the same when I compare to my other friends who are in UK medical school. The students orginate from all over the world...Greece, Turkey, Sweden, Norway, Israel, England, Germany...
The degree is recognised by WHO, GMC... which makes it possible to come back here and continue with our medical careers!
If you have any further questions..please ask! I am willing to answer as I know that this is a very difficult choice to make!! :smile:

what are the entry requirements like... compared to uk being all A's and A*'s
Reply 50
Who pays for your fees if you go abroad?
Reply 51
hello, my question is what kind of gcse's would you need and what a level results would be required for admission. is there a test which you need to pass for admission in to the university course?
I'm applying in Germany :smile: I think all medical degrees are taught in German though (apart from a few lectures maybe).
Reply 53
Original post by o990
Hi I'm seriously considering applying abroad to Romani nd was wondering what do I need to do now? -to get into medicine asap
please get back to me. Thanks!!
ive gotten my a levels Three grade A (A level) and one grade A (AS level)

hi quick question are you studying medicine yet
Reply 54
What are the requirements for studying medicine as an undergrad in Romania?
Reply 55
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
I'm applying in Germany :smile: I think all medical degrees are taught in German though (apart from a few lectures maybe).

can u plzz explain me how to apply nd wen to apply in colleges abroad??
Reply 56
i am a student from india.
i am actually doing my junior college rite now and m in the first year of it..
but i wish to study medicine abroad after i complete my 12th std studies..
i hope to do my m.b.b.s abroad or at least do the higher studies after m.b.b.s ab road.like my masters..
can u help me by suggesting how to apply 4 colleges abroad and what are the requirements???
Hi thank you for the information . I would like to know , which UNi is the best for medicine how did you apply direct or agency also how much is the tution fees? Thanks
Hi guys. I'm thinking of applying to a few unis that don't require an admissions test & seeing how it goes. I've narrowed it down to Riga Stradins, Pleven & Cluj Napolca I think. Am I correct in saying that these are the only 3 that don't require an admissions test? Does anyone know what grades they require & whether they require biology? (I haven't done biology at AS or A2 level!) Also, do these 3 teach Medicine in English for all 5 years?

Oh and am I best off applying directly from their website?

Thanks
Hi, I'm not sure with Cluj and Riga but Pleven will require you to have passed and completed Biology and Chemistry! Yes it is much better to apply directly

Latest

Trending

Trending