The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by californicationn
Hi guys. I'm thinking of applying to a few unis that don't require an admissions test & seeing how it goes. I've narrowed it down to Riga Stradins, Pleven & Cluj Napolca I think. Am I correct in saying that these are the only 3 that don't require an admissions test? Does anyone know what grades they require & whether they require biology? (I haven't done biology at AS or A2 level!) Also, do these 3 teach Medicine in English for all 5 years?

Oh and am I best off applying directly from their website?

Thanks

Hi, I've just got an offer from Riga to start medicine this september. I didn't have to sit an admissions test but they required biology chemistry and preferably physics. Its a 6 year course which includes your FY1 year and its all taught in English. Hope this helps
Anyone going to Palacky in Czech Republic? :smile:
Original post by ellalucie
Hi, I've just got an offer from Riga to start medicine this september. I didn't have to sit an admissions test but they required biology chemistry and preferably physics. Its a 6 year course which includes your FY1 year and its all taught in English. Hope this helps

Thanks for your reply. Ooh is Biology required? It wasn't clear on their website (it looked like they just required Biology OR chemistry, and maths OR physics) and I'm studying chemistry, maths, psychology at A level.
Also when I emailed them, it seemed like they were OK with my A level subjects?
Does that mean I will have to study Biology AS level during a gap year THEN apply? Confused:confused:
I am doing a Bio-med degree from London and just gone into my second year. However i don't see myself settling for research or lab work career in future. Me and my whole family wanted me to to do medicine, but i don't have A levels and got GCSEs and BTEC in medical sciences instead of A Levels plus i will have my Bio-med degree if i do medicine after completing this. Not sure how to start and where from to get some information if at all i can get admission abroad for medicine. And what about funding? how does that work?
Are there any univ that do free medicine for UK citizens?
Please Answer soonest possible!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi,

In regards to funding only Bulgaria will provide student loans, but general expenditure(food/rent etc) has to be paid for by you.
In Bulgaria most charge 8000 euros and if you havent completed a science based degree most want at least a pass in Chem and Bio A-Level

Original post by CJaisswar
I am doing a Bio-med degree from London and just gone into my second year. However i don't see myself settling for research or lab work career in future. Me and my whole family wanted me to to do medicine, but i don't have A levels and got GCSEs and BTEC in medical sciences instead of A Levels plus i will have my Bio-med degree if i do medicine after completing this. Not sure how to start and where from to get some information if at all i can get admission abroad for medicine. And what about funding? how does that work?
Are there any univ that do free medicine for UK citizens?
Please Answer soonest possible!!
HI
My application for UK medicine has just gone in however i am worried i will jot get the grades.
I i were to study in europe are there international hospitals so could stay and work in english if i were unable to get a job in the UK?
Also it was mentioned that you have exams very regularly which you must pass, is this the same for all European med schools?
Reply 66
Hey Guys,
For those of you thinking to study medicine abroad,
I have a text book (for the bio aspect of the entrance exam)
its called Biological science 1 and 2
and it's the reccomended reading for this exam
Literally the questions are from it. :biggrin:
Send me your emails
and i'll send you details for it.

Thanks
Hey guys,
Is anyone currently at varna university Bulgaria? .
😊
Original post by alex_pan
Hi, I hope someone can answer my question...
I'm looking into applying to med school in Bulgaria, Varna has a pretty good school and I love the city.
I hope I can get in this year thou... Does anyone know what document I can give them for my A-level results from this year, since my certificate will arrive in October and the confirmation of test results to third party letter takes 6 weeks to arrive which takes me to October again.
What was accepted in Rumania to prove A-level results?

Did you manage to go to Varna Uni. Because I want to apply there this year?
Hey
I'm currently in my first year of med school in Romania, anyone wanting to ask qs, feel free :smile:
Hi,
I'm another person who has been unsuccessful in my UK applications to medical school. This question may seem funny but I'd like to know how where you are is in terms of the racial variety. I am part black and have slight queries about whether I'd be segregated. I'd be very happy if I heard anything back from you. Thanks
Original post by mylifeismedicine
Hi,
I'm another person who has been unsuccessful in my UK applications to medical school. This question may seem funny but I'd like to know how where you are is in terms of the racial variety. I am part black and have slight queries about whether I'd be segregated. I'd be very happy if I heard anything back from you. Thanks

Hello, sorry to hear about not being selected for your chosen career path in the UK, do you have any back up options or have considered studying abroad?
Reply 72
Hey I am studying in Oradea at the moment and it was the best decision I made. I applied through an agency and they helped me with literally everything. If anyone is interested then just PM me. I know there are a some agencies that are taking advantage of people, so thats why I want to prevent people from choosing those ones- They really got me :frown: best of luck! x
Reply 73
How much does it cost and cost of accommodation ? How friendly and helpful are students and teacher? How much practical experience is offered. Lot of questions Thank you for your offer of answering question it is well appreciated
Regards
M. Wali
Original post by maria-z
Hey I am studying in Oradea at the moment and it was the best decision I made. I applied through an agency and they helped me with literally everything. If anyone is interested then just PM me. I know there are a some agencies that are taking advantage of people, so thats why I want to prevent people from choosing those ones- They really got me :frown: best of luck! x

I'm currently doing As-levels and have no chance of getting into medicine in the UK (long Story). Can you please give me some help on applying abroad? Thanks x
Original post by maria-z

I'm currently doing As-levels and have no chance of getting into medicine in the UK (long Story). Can you please give me some help on applying abroad? Thanks x
Hi.

I don't have a strong chance of becoming a doctor in the UK, and my back up plan is to become a Pharmacy Student.
I have asked my parents about going abroad, and they seem reluctant. And I understand why, I'd have to learn a new language, in a new country.

I'm half half, should I study abroad? How do I convince my parents? Can I fund myself?
What are the pros?

My parents seem to think that UK schools are the best, and yes they have some excellent schools.

What's the downside of studying abroad?
Im about to finish my first year of medicine at Medical University of Plovdiv Bulgaria.
Ask me anything
Reply 78
how did you apply? did you use an agency? also what grades did you need to get in and was there an entrance exam? What are the fees like and do you get funding as well? sorry, a lot of questions I know but it's not all that clear on websites
Reply 79
I am interested to study medicine abroad can yo pleas send me a PM with some details

Latest

Trending

Trending