The Student Room Group

Why is England more famous than Scotland?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Each country's "fame" differs with who you ask.
Why is Ireland more famous than England and Scotland?
Reply 61
Can I just point out that it is the United Kingdom hosting the Olympics, not England. London is the capital of the UK. If you do a little research you'll notice some of the events are actually taking place at Hampden in Glasgow and the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.

So please take your pro-England elitist bull**** elsewhere. Thanks.
I've lid in both countries. Scotland is far better than England in every respect, especially food, drink, people, weather.

England has a higher World profile as they basically colonised Wales, Ireland and Scotland over the centuries. London is the centre of the Military/ Industrial complex and therefore it has a power gravity all of its own.

Check out 23 reasons why Scotland is better than England at 1000moneymakers.blogspot.com
Well England was a world power long before the UK existed.

And frankly is the reason the UK still is a world power.

It makes me laugh at how Scots say they invented lots of stuff and had lots of philosophers. Yeah.. and Locke and Bentham were Scottish. As was Faraday. lol...

Scotland should get indepedence, we don't need them.
Original post by 1000moneymakers
I've lid in both countries. Scotland is far better than England in every respect, especially food, drink, people, weather.

England has a higher World profile as they basically colonised Wales, Ireland and Scotland over the centuries. London is the centre of the Military/ Industrial complex and therefore it has a power gravity all of its own.

Check out 23 reasons why Scotland is better than England at 1000moneymakers.blogspot.com

Haggis and deep fried mars bars are good cuisine now?
Does anyone really think that the UK would be as globalised if it hadn't centralised a lot into London? Why would anyone want to go to a spread out country with nothing around it, just Europe beneath and to the right?

Whereas Germany has three major and global cities because it has Italy to the south, France to the west, Denmark and Sweden to the north and the east to the east.

The UK would be more spread if it had been the centre of something. Even the US is mostly spread to the eastern side because of proximity to Africa and Europe.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending