The Student Room Group

La Sociedad Española

Scroll to see replies

vitukillo
just saying that I have just seen this society..I didn't knew there was a Spanish society. I live in the canary islands(is it In the canry islands...or ON the canary islands? some stupid question I know..) and I am going to study aeronautical engineering at Imperial. nothing else!

Thank you :biggrin:
Yes, it is 'in the Canary Islands'. :smile:
i'd say on the canary islands but then again it's likely that my spanish is better than my english!
I'd say Wikipedia or Google is your friend. Oh I wish I were in Spain right now! It's so rainy here. :frown:
:eek: I did my Spanish GCSE Listening and Reading Papers today...
Listening was incredibly hard, reading okish.
brimstone
:eek: I did my Spanish GCSE Listening and Reading Papers today...
Listening was incredibly hard, reading okish.

Really? I did listening today and found it quite easy, but I'm on AQA. Reading and writing to look forward to on Thursday :eek: I'm not worried about reading, but writing will be a killer!
I did Spanish GCSE OCR reading today. I didn't think it was too hard, a couple of words I didn't know in the jobs question but it was multiple choice so I can't have lost that many marks.
Reply 586
i did GCSE latin today = total joke. i hadnt revised coz i don't really care how i do so i sat there guessing at what half of it meant. lmao
stupid latin
Yeah: who needs Latin?!! :biggrin: And don't come with the "but Spanish, French, Italian- they all have Roman origins"! :p:

And I spot again a weirdish trait of the English schools system: GCSEs and A-Levels at once?!
Reply 588
yeah my teacher asked me if i wanted to do the GCSE and i hadnt the heart to say i hated it... oh well, nearly finished now!
Jammertal
And I spot again a weirdish trait of the English schools system: GCSEs and A-Levels at once?!

What da ya mean?
Reply 590
Tengo mi examén de listening mañana. :afraid:

EDIT: The accent isn't in the right place is it? Is it spelt examén or exámen? Does it even HAVE an accent? ARGH!!
brimstone
What da ya mean?

GCSEs are normaly taken after year 10 and A-levels after year 13, aren't they? I figured out from his sig that he's doing A-levels at the moment- otherwise no uni applications. And I found it a bit odd that you can take "year 10 exams" in year 13. However, there's something like that in Germany, too, now I think about it. It's just called Latin beginners then.
Becca
Tengo mi examén de listening mañana. :afraid:

EDIT: The accent isn't in the right place is it? Is it spelt examén or exámen? Does it even HAVE an accent? ARGH!!

No it hasn't an accent. Only examen. :biggrin:

?Y tantos examenes en una semana? ?Es normal?
Reply 593
Jammertal
No it hasn't an accent. Only examen. :biggrin:

?Y tantos examenes en una semana? ?Es normal?

Excuse the crappy Spanish but:

Este semana tengo 4 examenes, y tengo 6 en total (?). Creo que 4 en una semana sea muchos examenes para un estudiante de Durham - iTengo muchos stress!

Feel free to correct me! :biggrin:
Jammertal
GCSEs are normaly taken after year 10 and A-levels after year 13, aren't they? I figured out from his sig that he's doing A-levels at the moment- otherwise no uni applications. And I found it a bit odd that you can take "year 10 exams" in year 13. However, there's something like that in Germany, too, now I think about it. It's just called Latin beginners then.

Oooh ok, yeah I see what you mean now. But GCSEs are normally taken in Yr11. Some people do GCSEs and A Levels at weird times, especially individual ones. For example, kellywood :smile:
Becca
Excuse the crappy Spanish but:

Esta semana tengo 4 examenes, y tengo 6 en total (?). Creo que 4 en una semana sean muchos examenes para un estudiante de Durham - iTengo muchos stress!

Feel free to correct me! :biggrin:

:biggrin: Bueno, pienso que es más peor en la universidad que en el colegio alemán: 3 examenes en una semana es el máximo.
brimstone
Oooh ok, yeah I see what you mean now. But GCSEs are normally taken in Yr11. Some people do GCSEs and A Levels at weird times, especially individual ones. For example, kellywood :smile:

Now that you mention it I remember the "GSCE Spanish self-taught" in her sig! :biggrin: And year 11... now I see why other German applicants stated their year 11 results in their UCAS form and I always thought that it wasn't necessary because GSCEs were taken a year earlier.
Reply 597
Jammertal
:biggrin: Bueno, pienso que es más peor en la universidad que en el colegio alemán: 3 examenes en una semana es el máximo.

Gracias, no escribí muchas errores iQue suerte!
Uno de mis amigos tuvo 5 examenes en 3 días :eek: iY está su año final en la universidad!
Pues mucha suerte que Durham ha rechazado ma solicitud. :biggrin: Pero no pienso que es sensible que tu amigo tiene tantos examenes en una semana. No puede mostrar su capacidad en total con esta carga.
Reply 599
Jammertal
Pues mucha suerte que Durham ha rechazado ma solicitud. :biggrin: Pero no pienso que es sensible que tu amigo tiene tantos examenes en una semana. No puede mostrar su capacidad en total con esta carga.

I agree!

I actually can'y understand most of the first bit of your post. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending