The Student Room Group

OCR A-level Law Paper 2 (H418/02) - 6th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your OCR A-level Law Paper 2 exam go today?

OCR A-level Law Paper 2 (H418/02) - 6th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 6 Jun 2023/ PM
Length: 2hr
Well done on finishing your exam!
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any predictions for Q9. That's really the only thing you predict really.

I know that fault and morality are possibilities, but is there another one? Also, msg me if you want me to share my fault and morality essays.

EDIT: MB THOUGHT THIS WAS AQA CHAT.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Gisu09010

I know that fault and morality are possibilities, but is there another one? Also, msg me if you want me to share my fault and morality essays.

isn't that paper 3?
Reply 3
Does anyone know the evaluation + Section A topics from OCR Law Paper 2 last year?
Reply 4
Original post by oa1200
Does anyone know the evaluation + Section A topics from OCR Law Paper 2 last year?

My teacher gave my class the papers for 2022

Here:
Reply 5
Original post by erfefer

Here:

where?
Reply 6
Original post by erfefer

Here:

can you send please
Reply 7
Original post by oa1200

section a: delegated legislation / mischief rule
evaluation: OLA 84

Hey, are you able to share your law and morality essay please ? 😊
Reply 9
Original post by Denzelm123
can you send please

Oops here:
Reply 10
Original post by josssebae
isn't that paper 3?

Paper 3 is balancing conflicting interests and justice, but I will indefinitely be balancing conflicting interests, since we did Justice in paper 1. My notes from a few months ago say that fault and morality will appear in paper 2, but I'm pretty sure there's one more I'm missing.
Reply 11
Original post by Hellothere986515
Hey, are you able to share your law and morality essay please ? 😊

https://quizlet.com/805697904/fault-flash-cards/?funnelUUID=0bbaa4f3-0002-41fe-8a4c-4725ec8dd3e6

Use this quizlet and you should get at least 8 marks on the fault part based on my teacher's feedback.
Original post by oa1200

last year the Section A questions were on delegated legislation and statutory interpretation and the essay was the Occupiers Liability Act 1984 so 1957 could come up this year
Paper 3 is balancing conflicting interests and justice, but I will indefinitely be balancing conflicting interests, since we did Justice in paper 1. My notes from a few months ago say that fault and morality will appear in paper 2, but I'm pretty sure there's one more I'm missing.

what are you talking about? the evaluation is based on occupiers liability, negligence or vicarious liability
Reply 14
Original post by ellasanders2626
what are you talking about? the evaluation is based on occupiers liability, negligence or vicarious liability

?? I'm not talking about the evaluation part, but is it well-known that the evaluations for Q9 are either OL, negligence and VL?? I'm talking about the "Examine the meaning of fault in criminal law" and such part.

OH NVM, this is the OCR thread. I'm talking about AQA. MB : (
(edited 11 months ago)
What are the possible areas a scenario question can be on?
I do AQA, but I can't imagine that the scenarios will be worlds apart.

- Negligence
- Psychiatric Injury (Primary and Secondary Victims)
- Negligent Misstatement
- Occupiers' Liability (Lawful Visitors and Trespassers)
- Nuisance
- Rylands v Fletcher
- Vicarious Liability
- Defences in Tort
- Remedies in Tort
Reply 17
For Paper 2 Section B, the content is as follows:

- Negligence
- Occupiers Liability
- Private nuisance and Rylands v Fletcher
- Vicarious Liability
In all of those essays you'll also have to discuss any relevant defences/remedies!
TSR was fairly accurate for paper 1 so if anyone that correctly predicted that wants to make any paper 2 suggestions that would be great :smile:
Does anyone have any guesses of what the scenarios could be? Like do you think they'll repeat topics from last year since there aren't that many. The same for the evaluation question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending