La Sociedad Española

Scroll to see replies

Great. :biggrin:
EDIT: Mr.Jim will slap you for the prom. :p:
:eek: *hides*
Wanna see the turquoise hair!! :biggrin:
brimstone
:eek: *hides*

"You cannot hide"- I've watched the Lord of the rings again a few days ago.
brimstone
Wow, I had my hair dyed aqua/turquoise today :p:

Haha, awesome! Mine's not going to be quite that drastic (seeing as I still have exams Weds, Thurs & Fri). I'm just getting it cut short!
leannemann
Haha, awesome! Mine's not going to be quite that drastic (seeing as I still have exams Weds, Thurs & Fri). I'm just getting it cut short!

Short? Perhaps I should consider that as well: would save me from the hassle of doing an updo hairstyle for my prom (how do I cross it out?)... er leaver's ball.
Excalibur
Wanna see the turquoise hair!! :biggrin:

You will do :p: ... and new avatar!
leannemann

:eek: I've got an induction day at my new sixth form on Weds ... :redface:
Reply 989
leannemann
Yeah, that was the one I was instantly drawn to out of them all. Yeah but you're fluent in Spanish or at least very very good! But I thought the reading was easy but the translation has some specific vocab bits in (3rd world country, developing country) which you needed as they weren't in text. Luckily there wasn't any vocab that I hadn't learnt at some point!

What I found tough was the summary about the autistic children...it was kinda confusing - i didn't really understand what what the hell it meant by pedagocic / pediatric exercises were... - not sure how well i did on that... but the reading really was quite simple - What can millions of adults not do? errrm read and write lol.. i can't believe they gave us analfabeto hehe..

And i'm not 100% fluent - never lived in argentina..and i didn't really start speaking spanish until i was 13...+ i think studying it at school has helped a lot for me to improve so much in a short period of time - the grammatical base is very important...

Oh btw thanks a lot for your reply to my thread - i'm going to go to Foyles next week and pick out one of those books - probably one of the french linguistics ones.. :smile:
lucho22
What I found tough was the summary about the autistic children...it was kinda confusing - i didn't really understand what what the hell it meant by pedagocic / pediatric exercises were... - not sure how well i did on that... but the reading really was quite simple - What can millions of adults not do? errrm read and write lol.. i can't believe they gave us analfabeto hehe..

And i'm not 100% fluent - never lived in argentina..and i didn't really start speaking spanish until i was 13...+ i think studying it at school has helped a lot for me to improve so much in a short period of time - the grammatical base is very important...

Oh btw thanks a lot for your reply to my thread - i'm going to go to Foyles next week and pick out one of those books - probably one of the french linguistics ones.. :smile:

I left that bit out about the exercises because I wasn't sure what it was on about. Also, it said to summarise her work with the children which was vrey vague because I used details about her work (how long she'd been doing it and where etc. and what she did) rather than what the scheme (or whatever it was!) did. That first reading question was hilarious!

No problem, that French linguistics book is very good. Hard to read in parts, but that's a general thing with linguistic books. But ir provides an interesting perspective and background to the language, the Spanish one is very good too. I want the book which was about language and identity!
leannemann
I'm going to do reading after results, when I know where I'm going! Might go to Dublin as well and am planning on building a computer to keep myself busy! Although my nan doesn't yet know I'm going away for 5 weeks on the 13th of July... Oops.

Damn, I forgot about reading! :eek: I was thinking more along the lines of general brushing up (vocab, grammar, listening, reading etc) and of course, learning how to cook and clean :redface: But I don't want to bother reading loads of books when there's a pretty good chance I won't meet my offer anyway, so likewise, I'll be leaving that until after results!
If anyone wants to be very helpful, please look at my thread in this subforum, and give your thoughts :smile:.
Reply 993
leannemann
Yeah I did Spanish, thought it was easyish which is worrying - essays weren't that nice but I did multiculturalism, which seemed to be ok. Found translation fine, some people thought there were some nasty bits (said jugar instead of desempenar) and all sorts seemed to get a few people. Listening was fine I though, summary was much better than my previous attempts (which were dreadful) and I think I got a lot of the detail in, although there were some bits I couldn't get into the 100 words. I struggled to find other ways to say things in the reading, but I had loads of time so I spent most of it thinking about how to express things differently.

Normally I did check the join requests, but I've been a bit distracted!!! Now that Spanish is over I shall relax a bit!

I did the commercial letter:rolleyes: I so wasn't up for an essay, plus our teachers have been teaching us for both.
Yeah the translation was alright, but I didn't like the Autistic Children summary do-dah; word limit was FAR too short!!
Reply 994
Jammertal
"You cannot hide"- I've watched the Lord of the rings again a few days ago.

:ts: Brim, your days are numbered.

:p: :wink:
:eek: Aw no, that's mean :frown:
Reply 996
leannemann
I'm going to do reading after results, when I know where I'm going!

i've been trying to explain to my dad's friend for 3 days (he's staying with us) that it's not my choice whether i go to cambridge or durham. ffs. i hate gadgies who don't understand anything *despairs*

was just telling him some stuff about englang and he went off on a rant about someone saying that they "couldn't see proper" (this is a guy who still says "one" when talking about himself). and he refuuused to hear me when i was saying that dialects aren't disorganised and just about vocabulary, and that they have grammars and that "proper" is an adverb to some people. i effing hate effing prescriptive effers like him! rrrrrrrg piss off back to the 17th century, tosser.

/rant
Reply 997
brimstone
:eek: Aw no, that's mean :frown:

quit yer whinin'

heh, nah you've got pretty hair, couldnt shoot you!
Mr. Jim
quit yer whinin'

heh, nah you've got pretty hair, couldnt shoot you!

:biggrin:
Yay! It might not be pretty though .... you haven't seen it yet :biggrin:
Reply 999
heya im spanish and im applying for spanish and tefl, tho still waiting for an answer, my application is being considerated :s , what are my odds to get my place? i just know that ive got to have a score of 6 in ielts exam, tho i wont know my results up to 3 weeks.

how is the level in spanish course at university? lol

im takin a look thru thhe thread and is so funny the way u spaek spanish lolllll. but now i know hoow my gf feels wen i do speak english.

España - francia el martes, nos los vamas a comer xD

cuantos españoles hay?

saludoos

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending