The Student Room Group

La Sociedad Española

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Becca
Yeah it is! Just a really weird way of saying good luck in Italian! :biggrin:
Well done Pads, sure it went fine. When will you hear about the result?
What things were you asked?

Some time after New Year apparently, so at least I won't be worrying about checking Track over Christmas.
They just asked me a few questions about why I wanted to do the degree and about some things I had written in my personal statement. It was very short actually.
paddy
Some time after New Year apparently, so at least I won't be worrying about checking Track over Christmas.
They just asked me a few questions about why I wanted to do the degree and about some things I had written in my personal statement. It was very short actually.

Well doesn't sound like the questions were too tricky. Was it in Spanish?
Reply 1782
Becca
Well doesn't sound like the questions were too tricky. Was it in Spanish?

No it was for Russian! The Spanish interview isn't for a while yet. I just hope I didn't babble too much:redface:
paddy
No it was for Russian! The Spanish interview isn't for a while yet. I just hope I didn't babble too much:redface:

Oh, dunno why I thought that! For some reason I thought you'd just had the Russian one a few days ago already and then had the Spanish one today!! :s:
I need to learn how to read people's posts....:redface:
Reply 1784
Becca
Oh, dunno why I thought that! For some reason I thought you'd just had the Russian one a few days ago already and then had the Spanish one today!! :s:
I need to learn how to read people's posts....:redface:

Well I was supposed to have it today, but it was postponed!
paddy
Well I was supposed to have it today, but it was postponed!

Aaaaaaaaaah! That may be why I got a bit confuzzled....:redface:
Well, tell us about it when you have it, I hope it goes well! It is so nice having English people learning Spanish! :smile:
I do like walking around touristy bits and seeing English tourists trying to talk to the locals in English. I remember once in La Pedrera (I think) a security guard called after me in about five different languages, but I was completely oblivious to him. He seemed to pleased that I could understand him in Spanish!
Yes, that's because Spanish people think English people are really arrogant about language matters due to the fact that most of them never try to make themselves understood in Spanish, they always expect US to treat them and talk to them in English, that's maybe why we are so proud of those people learning or practising their Spanish!
Hola, may I, danni_bella, pls join? :smile:
Reply 1790
danni_bella
Hola, may I, danni_bella, pls join? :smile:

Of course you may:smile:
You probably have too many societies already to join this one though:s-smilie:
Feliz Navidad mi español amigos
paddy
Of course you may:smile:
You probably have too many societies already to join this one though:s-smilie:

That's fine, I didn't need to be in a couple of them :wink:

Just signed up for this one :smile:
Reply 1793
feliz navidad a todos...q lo pasen bien :wink:
danni_bella
That's fine, I didn't need to be in a couple of them :wink:

Just signed up for this one :smile:

Tienes que hablar espanol aqui! :p:
Reply 1795
Welcome to dani_bella, the 80th member of this sociedad maravillosa:biggrin:
Feliz Navidad a todos +xmas+
paddy
Welcome to dani_bella, the 80th member of this sociedad maravillosa:biggrin:
Feliz Navidad a todos +xmas+

Gracias Paddy.
Feliz Navidad a ti también. :biggrin:
Becca
Tienes que hablar espanol aqui! :p:
Bueno, suficiente justo :p:
Actualmente mirar una película española de Navidad.

*estafa porque hay subtítulos ingleses* :redface:

Feliz Navidad a ustedes también! :smile:
Ay, en el verano mi colegio tiene un intercambio escolar a Grenada (para los alumnos de la clase Espanola). Suena buena, pero en realidad es mucho mas peor que este, porque es un intercambio a un colegio de flamenco, donde tendriamos que bailar y hacer "el compaz". Como muchos otros no me gustaria hacer esas actividades, y por eso no voy a ir. Ustedes creyen que estoy haciendo un error horroroso?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending