The Student Room Group

University of Wales Trinity Carmarthen

Scroll to see replies

Hi, yeah I stayed in halls for my first year in Myrddin, and my second in Noakes and I'll be moving off campus for next year. I found myrddin was a really good environment because I was put with people on my course so it was nice to make friends on the first day. It can be a bit noisy at times, but it's campus so expect it. Now don't expect 5* from any student accom. I set my standards low and was very happy with campus and loved my first year. They improved it from my first year too, with new windows and doors and a mini-oven. Much more luxurious haha :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by alice29.
Awesome, when did you have your interview? What's your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine was December 19th, I think so a while ago! When was yours? I've firmed the MEd at Winchester :smile: I haven't seen anyone else with an offer for our course at TSD on here, even though there were loads of people at my interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by wildmistia
Hi, yeah I stayed in halls for my first year in Myrddin, and my second in Noakes and I'll be moving off campus for next year. I found myrddin was a really good environment because I was put with people on my course so it was nice to make friends on the first day. It can be a bit noisy at times, but it's campus so expect it. Now don't expect 5* from any student accom. I set my standards low and was very happy with campus and loved my first year. They improved it from my first year too, with new windows and doors and a mini-oven. Much more luxurious haha :smile:

Thanks for replying! I've chosen to stay in myrddin I hope I get to stay there, did you get your 1st choice for accommodation? :smile:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by Alice:)
Mine was December 19th, I think so a while ago! When was yours? I've firmed the MEd at Winchester :smile: I haven't seen anyone else with an offer for our course at TSD on here, even though there were loads of people at my interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine was 20th March so I'm guessing I was at the end of the interview process.I've seen 1 other person on here who had a offer but didn't hear back wether they firm choiced it. There was loads at my interview aswell, there isn't many spaces on the course though is there, like 77 or there abouts they said at the interview, where else did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Thanks for replying! I've chosen to stay in myrddin I hope I get to stay there, did you get your 1st choice for accommodation? :smile:!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've chosen myrddin too, sorry I know we doing different courses but might see you
Reply 25
Original post by J!nx
I've chosen myrddin too, sorry I know we doing different courses but might see you

It's ok, I'm worried I won't get into myrddin I've not sent my form back try, hoping to do it Tuesday after I have rang them about a few things. Have you applied for any scholarships?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
It's ok, I'm worried I won't get into myrddin I've not sent my form back try, hoping to do it Tuesday after I have rang them about a few things. Have you applied for any scholarships?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I didn't qualify, but I did manage to sort the finance out, didn't take as long as I expected it to

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied really late so was lucky to get onto campus at all, so I didn't really have a first choice, but I think a lot of people got their first choice, although not often when it came to sharing and non-sharing (probably because most people didn't want to share)
Reply 28
Does anybody know when we find out which accommodation we got in to? I understand we won't find out the room until moving in day. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Does anybody know when we find out which accommodation we got in to? I understand we won't find out the room until moving in day. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got told that I wouldnt here anything now untill the end of August when I asked
Reply 30
Original post by J!nx
I got told that I wouldnt here anything now untill the end of August when I asked

Aww really, I want to know, it really effects wether I go or not :/ cause I really don't want to live in non :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww really, I want to know, it really effects wether I go or not :/ cause I really don't want to live in non :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't let it affect whether you go - You'll probably make loads of friends no matter where you stay, and believe me the year goes a lot quicker than you'd think! A lot of times people are barely in their rooms anyway, choosing instead to hang out in someone else's room or hang out in a kitchen ( or maybe just chilling in the union bar :wink: ) So your room really should be the last thing you worry about. All I'll say is no matter where you end up stopping next year, set your standards low, so you'll be happy when you get there. Those who had high expectations of their room were upset, those with low expectations were happy - just something to bear in mind.
Reply 32

Posted from TSR Mobile

have you been told what accomadation your in yet, mine came through today i got Tower little bit gutted didnt want that one but i spose i will have to make do
Reply 33
Original post by J!nx
have you been told what accomadation your in yet, mine came through today i got Tower little bit gutted didnt want that one but i spose i will have to make do

I was just about to ask the same! Yes I got mine today too, I'm in myrddin so I'm really happy! :smile: where was your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
I was just about to ask the same! Yes I got mine today too, I'm in myrddin so I'm really happy! :smile: where was your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your lucky i wanted myrddin but i spose its better than non, really did not want that one, but oh well not alot i can about it bring on september excited
Reply 35
Original post by J!nx
Your lucky i wanted myrddin but i spose its better than non, really did not want that one, but oh well not alot i can about it bring on september excited

Yeh I am lucky ! :smile: I really didn't want to go in non either!! I'm starting to get excited too, do you know anyone else going to Carmarthen in September I can't find a Facebook group for it but lots of other universities have one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Yeh I am lucky ! :smile: I really didn't want to go in non either!! I'm starting to get excited too, do you know anyone else going to Carmarthen in September I can't find a Facebook group for it but lots of other universities have one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No i dont i tryed the University of wales trinty st david 2013 entry facebook page but its pretty dead really along with the main one they really need to get one with indervidual campus pages be nice to get to meet some more peeps.
Reply 37
Original post by J!nx
No i dont i tryed the University of wales trinty st david 2013 entry facebook page but its pretty dead really along with the main one they really need to get one with indervidual campus pages be nice to get to meet some more peeps.

Yeh it's really annoying! I feel like I'm going to start and not know anyone which will such, as we know our accommodation now it would be nice to meet people in the same flat. Are you doing A-levels ? I've done BTEC and I don't know results yet, I really want to know :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Yeh it's really annoying! I feel like I'm going to start and not know anyone which will such, as we know our accommodation now it would be nice to meet people in the same flat. Are you doing A-levels ? I've done BTEC and I don't know results yet, I really want to know :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

no ive just done a gap year, results day will come quicker than you think. Theres someone on the 2013 entry facebook page asking if anyones in myrddin unless thats you.
Reply 39
Original post by J!nx
no ive just done a gap year, results day will come quicker than you think. Theres someone on the 2013 entry facebook page asking if anyones in myrddin unless thats you.

I hope so I don't really know when I will find out which is kind of more annoying! Oh is there no that isn't me I will have to have look though, thanks for telling me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending