The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I think the questions that will come out for the scientific articile will be focused on unit 1(carbohydrates) and 5(exercise and muscle movement):
Aerobic respiration process
carbohydrates
slow twitch and fast twitch fibres
why too much exercise is bad and its effect and too little exercise
global warming and ways to measure it
protein synthesis (enzymes, mRNA, primary structure determine 3-d shape)
and many more but i think it will focus on unit 1 and 5 the most.
i also think diseases such as Parkinson will come out
definetely experiments but outlining habituation or rate of respiration using microorganism
Reply 21
Original post by aneetee16
I'm confused cos it's mostly the stuff we covered in the exercise bit in A2 :/

yes i think most of the scientific article will be about exercise and how ATP is produced and maybe where its source glucose is from in animals(glycogen) or plants (starch) and describe their structure.
I think we are quite lucky to have a scientifc article that corresponds with what we are already learning, cause unit 5 is all about EXERCISE :smile::biggrin:
Reply 22
hi everyone!!! i am sitting for the jan 2013 bio unit 5 paper. due to personal reasons im doin the paper from private and not frm any school. i studied everythin on my own without any teacher. so i would like to kno the way to prepare for the unit 5 paper....... especially with the scientific article. i dont understand y do they give th scientific paper before....... please explain me the format of the paper........... im very desperate for help so plz help me......i cannot thank u all enough for helpin me..... love nd peace!!!!
Reply 23
The scientific article is out already since last year October/November! My advise is to do as many past paper as you can this includes the pre-2008 papers.
Good luck
Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending