The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVIII

Scroll to see replies

Why does a good day out have to end with bad thoughts?
Feeling down for the stupidest reason - I'm single. I have been for three years. There's got to be something wrong with me.

Are there hypoallergenic cats??
Reply 1982
Original post by sunfowers01
Why does a good day out have to end with bad thoughts?

:hugs: I hate when that happens, I hope you have some nicer thoughts soon!

Original post by Aemiliana
Feeling down for the stupidest reason - I'm single. I have been for three years. There's got to be something wrong with me.

:console: that's not stupid, I often feel down for much the same reason :sadnod: im sure there's nothing wrong with you though :smile:

um, I am not sure!
Reply 1983

:hugs: I'm chronically single as well, and I'm fairly sure there's something wrong with me because whenever I get sort of close to someone I push them away. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with you though, you probably just need to find the right person. :yes:

Erm you can get those sphynx cats without any hair.. They don't look very cuddly though. I personally just hug my normal cats and pretend they're not making my eyes water. :yep:
Original post by SciFiRory
:hugs: I hate when that happens, I hope you have some nicer thoughts soon!

:console: that's not stupid, I often feel down for much the same reason :sadnod: im sure there's nothing wrong with you though :smile:

um, I am not sure!

It's such a stupid reason for me to feel down about it though. It goes against who I am... Either it's just been too long now or I'm using it as an emotional scapegoat.

I hope so, otherwise this whole crazy cat lady thing isn't going to work out.
Original post by asdfgah
:hugs: I'm chronically single as well, and I'm fairly sure there's something wrong with me because whenever I get sort of close to someone I push them away. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with you though, you probably just need to find the right person. :yes:

Erm you can get those sphynx cats without any hair.. They don't look very cuddly though. I personally just hug my normal cats and pretend they're not making my eyes water. :yep:

Likewise I'm sure there's nothing wrong with you. I probably am using it as an emotional scapegoat :erm:

They're so creepy though. Oh but I plan on having like 50 if I'm to go through with it so I probably couldn't just pretend.
Reply 1986
It's such a stupid reason for me to feel down about it though. It goes against who I am... Either it's just been too long now or I'm using it as an emotional scapegoat.

I hope so, otherwise this whole crazy cat lady thing isn't going to work out.

well, I think it's okay to feel down about it, maybe you just feel lonely atm? :hugs:

you can probably get medication or something if it's an issue?
well, I think it's okay to feel down about it, maybe you just feel lonely atm? :hugs:

you can probably get medication or something if it's an issue?

No, I'm not lonely. It's another issue hahaha. Not something I will discuss here because I'm feeling prudish.
Reply 1988
Likewise I'm sure there's nothing wrong with you. I probably am using it as an emotional scapegoat :erm:

They're so creepy though. Oh but I plan on having like 50 if I'm to go through with it so I probably couldn't just pretend.

Yeah, people keep trying to set me up and I've ended up in this persona of being really fussy about girls I date because that's easier than saying I can't deal with being close to anyone. :yep:

Yeah, they really are. Maybe you could learn to love the creepiness though? :tongue:
Original post by asdfgah
Yeah, people keep trying to set me up and I've ended up in this persona of being really fussy about girls I date because that's easier than saying I can't deal with being close to anyone. :yep:

Yeah, they really are. Maybe you could learn to love the creepiness though? :tongue:

People keep trying to set me up too. It would be fine if one flatmate hadn't tried to set me up with the creepiest, sleaziest guy on earth though.

:hugs: It won't stay that way forever.

I'm not sure I could...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1990
No, I'm not lonely. It's another issue hahaha. Not something I will discuss here because I'm feeling prudish.

fair enough, I hope whatever it is resolves itself for you anyway :smile:
fair enough, I hope whatever it is resolves itself for you anyway :smile:

Haha thanks and you :smile:
People keep trying to set me up too. It would be fine if one flatmate hadn't tried to set me up with the creepiest, sleaziest guy on earth though.

:hugs: It won't stay that way forever.

I'm not sure I could...

Relationships are oft more effort than it's worth to be fair, especially if you're in Uni right now.

And there are hypoallergenic Dogs. I'm unsure on Cats :P
Original post by AntisthenesDogger
Relationships are oft more effort than it's worth to be fair, especially if you're in Uni right now.

And there are hypoallergenic Dogs. I'm unsure on Cats :P

So true!

I know and I'm not allergic to most dogs but 'crazy dog lady' doesn't really cut it.
Reply 1994
Sorry for not posting in a while. I finally found somwhere to live and I am still waiting for internet but found an open network.

Today (well yesterday) was the first day by myself without having anything to do... and I stayed in bed till 1 and it took me till 5 to actually leave. I managed to go to a huge shopping centre and even arranged to meet someone tomorrow and I was feeling happy. I cooked something that reminded me of home and it was the nicest thing I have had since moving abroad 2 weeks ago. I watched a movie I have been wanting to watch for years and although I was in bed at 9 on my laptop hearing people have fun outside I didn't care because I felt ok.

Then, I don't know what triggered it, but I mood crashed so suddenly. For the past 3 hours I have been crying and watching videos about depression and reading goodbye letters. I even started to type one just to see what I would say but felt stupid because all I could type was 'I'm sorry'.

I can't articulate or explain why or how I feel the way I do. It's like I care too much but also feel empty. I feel hollow inside but it also hurts so much I want to scream.

I often think it is impossible that there are people who are happy in the world when there are people who so feel so low and worthless.

I have no one. By the time I go home my family would have gotten used to me being away and my best friend would have realised that she doesn't actually need me in her life.

And now I am crying again. I feel broken. Sometimes I think it would be amazing not to feel anything. I would sacrifice happiness if it meant I would never feel sad again or care to let anything bother me.

I don't even know what I am rambling on about so sorry if it doesn't make sense. I am going to try and sleep.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1995
Original post by luno
Sorry for not posting in a while. I finally found somwhere to live and I am still waiting for internet but found an open network.

Today (well yesterday) was the first day by myself without having anything to do... and I stayed in bed till 1 and it took me till 5 to actually leave. I managed to go to a huge shopping centre and even arranged to meet someone tomorrow and I was feeling happy. I cooked something that reminded me of home and it was the nicest thing I have had since moving abroad 2 weeks ago. I watched a movie I have been wanting to watch for years and although I was in bed at 9 on my laptop hearing people have fun outside I didn't care because I felt ok.

Then, I don't know what triggered it, but I mood crashed so suddenly. For the past 3 hours I have been crying and watching videos about depression and reading goodbye letters. I even started to type one just to see what I would say but felt stupid because all I could type was 'I'm sorry'.

I can't articulate or explain why or how I feel the way I do. It's like I care too much but also feel empty. I feel hollow inside but it also hurts so much I want to scream.

I often think it is impossible that there are people who are happy in the world when there are people who so feel so low and worthless.

I have no one. By the time I go home my family would have gotten used to me being away and my best friend would have realised that she doesn't actually need me in her life.

And now I am crying again. I feel broken. Sometimes I think it would be amazing not to feel anything. I would sacrifice happiness for nothing if it meant I would never feel sad again or care to let anything bother me.

I don't even know what I am rambling on about so sorry if it doesn't make sense. I am going to try and sleep.

:sad: :jumphug:

:biggrin: for the bit in bold

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by luno

And now I am crying again. I feel broken. Sometimes I think it would be amazing not to feel anything. I would sacrifice happiness if it meant I would never feel sad again or care to let anything bother me.

:hugs:I think I can relate to how you feel, but I don't really have any answers either. But like you said you've only been away from home for two weeks and I think it's normal that you're still missing it, particularly if you didn't feel great before you even left. Given that today was your first free day it's not surprising that it was kinda difficult.
If your friend is worth having then she won't stop caring about you just because you've been away for a while, besides I'm sure she won't feel that way.
Hope you get some sleep x
Horrible dreams last night. :frown:
Original post by luno

I often think it is impossible that there are people woho are happy in the world when there are people who so feel so low and worthless.

Glad you've found somewhere to stay and have some internet access. Yay for a mostly good day. :smile: Take comfort from the fact a lot of people find it hard to settle in a new place - if you want to know a bit more, research cultural adjustment. I'm here if you need me :hugs:
Surprisingly good - dreams were only moderately unpleasant, and managed to avoid getting all upset again last night by getting drunk with my flatmate's girlfriend, who turns out to be totally lovely.

Yourself?

Latest