The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rmhumphries
:hugs: If you want anyone to talk to, or any help - I am here (and I am in my PM box as well) - although I doubt I will be much help with any history work I'm afraid!

Thank you, I might take you up on your PM offer, if that's okay :hugs: How are you doing?

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:jumphug: So sorry to hear that, hun.

:hugs:
i'm going to mess up my a level retakes because i'm a BORBORYGAMIPHOBIC who cant sit in class without constantly panicking that my stomach is about to grumble
Hey, no need to apologise or to shut up :nah: We're here for you to vent at :yes:

Sorry to hear you argued more about it. I've never been in a proper relationship, so not sure what to advise. Though it sounds like you two have been together a long time - you were about to get married, weren't you? - and she's stuck with you through a lot of **** regarding your mental health. So surely she won't throw the relationship away that easily? :dontknow:

Yeah we were about to get married I don't thikn we are now. Its not a one off, I'm a ****ty person to be around and recenty I've been listening to the voices a lot more I know I shouldn't but I cna't do anything else and she can't deal with it. its her or them and i can't get rid of them. I wouldn't marry me either.
Reply 3983
Original post by Sabertooth
We argued yesterday, slept on it and argued more today. I never made friends at school or uni, but somehow I got my girlfriend now it's looking like it's over, how do I live with that? totally alone again and the one thing I cared about might be gone forever.

My only worry is failure. :nothing:

Sorry I'm gonna shut up now.

:hugs: :console:
Has anything like this happened between you before and you've got through it?

I agree with LGH, she's stuck with you for a long time through good times and bad, I don't think she'd throw it away so easily. I know it's all really raw right now because you've argued, but try not to do anything impulsive before things have had the chance to settle and sort themselves out.

Keep posting if it will help, I'll try to help if I can. :hugs:
Yeah we were about to get married I don't thikn we are now. Its not a one off, I'm a ****ty person to be around and recenty I've been listening to the voices a lot more I know I shouldn't but I cna't do anything else and she can't deal with it. its her or them and i can't get rid of them. I wouldn't marry me either.

Hey! Just because you're not so well, doesn't mean you're ****ty to be around. She knows how hard it is for you, with the voices. You can only both try your best to listen to and help and support one another. If you're trying your best, she can't realistically ask anymore of you than that :nah:

Did she actually issue the ultimatum? :s-smilie:
Reply 3985
Well you could just do what I do and term yourself a liberal :p: But yeah, I see what you mean :console:

I'm not too bad, thanks. Had two consecutive pyjama days :ahee: My mum is not best pleased :ninja:

You do? :biggrin: Sounds good :yep: :biggrin: And that's what I've virtually been over the last year :tongue:

Oops :tongue:. Hopefully tomorrow you feel better and manage to get changed :smile: :hugs:.
Original post by avhhs
You do? :biggrin: Sounds good :yep: :biggrin: And that's what I've virtually been over the last year :tongue:

Oops :tongue:. Hopefully tomorrow you feel better and manage to get changed :smile: :hugs:.

Oh I feel OK, don't worry. I just like my pyjamas too much, that's all :colondollar:

Yeah, it's an easy solution to all the problems about faith :biggrin: Though you will get people telling you that you can't pick and choose/cherry pick/sit on the fence :blahblah: You will also get people telling you you're not a "proper" Muslim. Plenty of people (mostly Internet people though, tbh) tell me I'm not a "proper" Catholic. To which I answer, aside from the fact that it's not their place to judge: if I'm good enough for my priest, then that's good enough for me :biggrin:
Original post by FuzzySheep
Thank you, I might take you up on your PM offer, if that's okay :hugs: How are you doing?

Yeah, go for it :smile: And I am doing reasonably well at the moment thanks :hugs:

Original post by Nut.
It makes me sound like a ****, but I don't believe you. Not because I think you're a liar (you're the lovely one), but because I am right.

And even if I'm not right, I feel right. If that makes sense.

Even if I hold a view that is obviously delusional to everybody around me (not true in this case, but it holds for the example), I still think it, therefore to me it is real.

And I are fatty.

No, I understand. And there is no easy way for me to convince you that I am right. However, I hope that even if it doesn't help consciously, me saying what is true helps a little subconsciously.

P.s. Four people repped me for that post. Hence, at least four people agree with me.
(edited 11 years ago)
I've been so out of it for days now. I can barely form coherent sentences or keep my eyes open. I have no idea why but I know I've been feeling really low. I emailed one of my seminar leaders the other day and was honest about why I wasn't coming in. She was absolutely lovely but I skipped her lecture today because I'm acting like I'm drugged 24/7 and I can't see me going in tomorrow either. I feel so guilty, especially as she was so nice about it...

I'm seeing my GP on Friday and there are so many things I need to talk about with her. My health in general is just awful at the moment. I'm not sure the dose of fluoxetine I'm on at the moment is doing anything either...
She said she's sorry she shouted and that apparently she never realised before how influential the voices are in my thoughts. I really don't know what to think, I guess it's good, I dunno. I feel really fragile I hate the fact she doesn't realise how much she hurt me just now.

And thanks nut and TLG for your support just reading and replying to you two really helped distract me. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
She said she's sorry she shouted and that apparently she never realised before how influential the voices are in my thoughts. I really don't know what to think, I guess it's good, I dunno. Still got these pills, still thinking bad ****, I feel really fragile I hate the fact she doesn't realise how much she hurt me just now.

And thanks nut and TLG for your support just reading and replying to you two really helped distract me. :smile:

Please don't do anything drastic. It sounds like she's sorry and willing to talk things through? So all is not lost. Just hang on in there and keep posting as much as you need to. I'll be up for a little while at least :yes: :hugs: :console:
Reply 3991
Oh I feel OK, don't worry. I just like my pyjamas too much, that's all :colondollar:

Yeah, it's an easy solution to all the problems about faith :biggrin: Though you will get people telling you that you can't pick and choose/cherry pick/sit on the fence :blahblah: You will also get people telling you you're not a "proper" Muslim. Plenty of people (mostly Internet people though, tbh) tell me I'm not a "proper" Catholic. To which I answer, aside from the fact that it's not their place to judge: if I'm good enough for my priest, then that's good enough for me :biggrin:

You must have comfortable and warm pyjamas then :biggrin:

I've had people say that too :rolleyes:. Don't know why they just don't shut up as it doesn't affect them what other people get up to. My parents often say that those people who don't follow Islam are "mental" (among other things). Of course Islam says that you can't say that about other religions. I just say to them that if you say bad things about other religions then people from those religions can say bad things about you. Simple as. They don't grasp this simple thing and get really angry if someone says something bad about Islam. The protests about that film made in America show is a prime example. Agree with your last point :biggrin:

Also...

Original post by avhhs
You must have comfortable and warm pyjamas then :biggrin:

I've had people say that too :rolleyes:. Don't know why they just don't shut up as it doesn't affect them what other people get up to. My parents often say that those people who don't follow Islam are "mental" (among other things). Of course Islam says that you can't say that about other religions. I just say to them that if you say bad things about other religions then people from those religions can say bad things about you. Simple as. They don't grasp this simple thing and get really angry if someone says something bad about Islam. The protests about that film made in America show is a prime example. Agree with your last point :biggrin:

Also...

:yes: They're from Primark and they're excessively pink :colondollar: :ahee: :woo:

My dad is like that about immigration. He's always complaining about immigrants coming into the UK and says quite racist things about them :s-smilie: Then I'm like, "um, so where were you born, Dad?" and he goes off on a rampage :rolleyes:
Reply 3993
:yes: They're from Primark and they're excessively pink :colondollar: :ahee: :woo:

My dad is like that about immigration. He's always complaining about immigrants coming into the UK and says quite racist things about them :s-smilie: Then I'm like, "um, so where were you born, Dad?" and he goes off on a rampage :rolleyes:

Sounds nice :biggrin:. Mine are also from Primark but are quite thin and can get uncomfortable at times :sad:

:tongue: Well, my dad sometimes says similar things about white people :mad:
Reply 3994
Stuff in my head isn't very good right now, bad thoughts for no reason at all. Really don't know how to get rid of them in a healthy way. :cry2:
Reply 3995
Wanting to cry. Racing thoughts, in particular that of extreme loneliness and how much things have changed over the years, mean I want to cry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by avhhs
Wanting to cry. Racing thoughts, in particular that of extreme loneliness and how much things have changed over the years, mean I want to cry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by asdfgah
Stuff in my head isn't very good right now, bad thoughts for no reason at all. Really don't know how to get rid of them in a healthy way. :cry2:

:hugs: Would talking about it help? Or sometimes I find writing them down then burning the paper can be useful depending on what they're about.

Spoiler

Reply 3998
Original post by thatsthebadger93
:hugs: Would talking about it help? Or sometimes I find writing them down then burning the paper can be useful depending on what they're about.

Spoiler

Thanks :hugs: I talked about it, cried and dissociated for a bit and now I've had a shower and feeling somewhat better, so seems to have been a comparatively short (okay, about 2 hour) blip. I totally burn things as well. :biggrin:
Reply 3999
Original post by avhhs
Well done for that :smile:. You should be proud of yourself :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hope you are well?

Latest