The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVIII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by bytail
They're just a different type of problem. Lung cancer is very different to leukaemia but they're both equally devastating illnesses.

I still feel like I should just get on with it myself and not post because it isn't as serious as others :/ *Shrugs*
Original post by SciFiRory
true, but I can't imagine the floor is too comfy, unless you have a very soft rug? hopefully you feel a bit calmer/better soon! :hugs:

Convenience > comfort. :cool:
Reply 582
Original post by Deyesy
I still feel like I should just get on with it myself and not post because it isn't as serious as others :/ *Shrugs*

it's serious to you though as it's bothering you, that's what matters, this thread isn't here for people to judge or as "who has it worst" competition, it's just hear for anyone who needs some support (be it a little or a lot) to get it and to chat with people :smile:

don't ever feel bad for being honest about things that bother you :nah:

Original post by superwolf
Convenience > comfort. :cool:

I see :tongue:
Feeling really anxious. :frown: Stayed at home to avoid ruining my friend's evening (didn't want to get upset and have to be taken home again), now I'm stuck feeling all jittery and nervous. Not a happy bunny. :no:

Tried putting some really good music on? Or go on amazon, search for an album you want and do the track listening thing for every track on it. Such an awesome way to waste time and take your mind off stuff.

Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:
Original post by Deyesy

Ah, and that's where you're wrong :p: I used to go through life thinking exactly that, and what has it helped me? Even if it's just something seemingly small, the impact it has on you matters. Everything in life is relative, and if you start comparing yourself to people who have it worse you'll never be able to get any help for your problems!

I'm happy to be PM'd as well if you're embarrassed about your problem and need reassurance, and if you're not comfortable writing to me there's gonna be loads others in the society who are more than helpful :h:
Ah, nothing makes me feel quite more pathetic than the fact that I am still routinely taken the piss out of by 14 year old boys. I must just look like the kind of person who's easy to upset? :sigh:

Feeling really anxious. :frown: Stayed at home to avoid ruining my friend's evening (didn't want to get upset and have to be taken home again), now I'm stuck feeling all jittery and nervous. Not a happy bunny. :no:

I keep getting bouts of anxiety recently too, it's horrible u___u Could you try having a bath or something? Do some breathing exercises? Play some calm music? :hugs:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Deyesy

Well that's just codswallop. There are ALWAYS gonna be people worse off than you. Tiz the nature of the world we live in. That doesn't mean that just because **** is happening with bullettheory, or in Africa, or whatever, that **** isn't happening to you. As someone said above, it's about how it impacts you and how you internalise it.

For what it's worth: I struggle with my complex PTSD diagnosis because it's not like I've been in a car accident or raped or witnessed 9/11 or anything. But as my psychiatrist keeps telling me, clearly something bad has happened to me and I've internalised it and something has gone awry. It doesn't make my PTSD diagnosis silly, weak or invalid :nah:
Reply 587
Got a mini deadline for coursework tomorrow, but I'm not taking it seriously :sad: :rolleyes:
Reply 588
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I think it went quite well but it's always hard to tell what exactly they're looking for. Thanks for asking :hugs: How are you doing these days? :smile:

I'm ok :smile: was difficult to readjust to living at uni (new housemate who is a close friend was challenging too) but otherwise I'm ok. Got my assignment result and managed to increase the mark by 5 marks so although it's still a 2:1 at least my average will be better.
Reply 589
Original post by bullettheory
Hey,
I'm Bullettheorys girlfriend. Just to let you know Bullettheory has been sectioned and currently in a PICU as there were no beds left in the acute ward. Thus meaning that he has got no internet at the moment. Bullettheory wants to let you know he is okay at the moment and will reply to everyone once he has got internet and not to worry.
x

Thank you so much for letting us know, and got everything crossed things will improve soon.
Original post by Sultana
I think I'm going crazy. I definitely remember replying to a load more people yesterday, only I actually didn't so was I dreaming or what?! If I'm dreaming about TSR that does not bode well haha :lol:

Spoiler

I genuinely have had a dream with tsr in before, not a good sign :colondollar:

Spoiler

How are thing with you at the mo?
Original post by Sabertooth
Tried putting some really good music on? Or go on amazon, search for an album you want and do the track listening thing for every track on it. Such an awesome way to waste time and take your mind off stuff.

Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Went for the playing computer games and shooting things option. :h: How's you, and how's the bacon?

Original post by bytail
Ah, nothing makes me feel quite more pathetic than the fact that I am still routinely taken the piss out of by 14 year old boys. I must just look like the kind of person who's easy to upset? :sigh:

I keep getting bouts of anxiety recently too, it's horrible u___u Could you try having a bath or something? Do some breathing exercises? Play some calm music? :hugs:

:sadnod: Not fun. And no bath unfortunately, but I decided to do the opposite of calming myself down and frantically shot at things instead. Was very soothing. :h: Now to complete the effect I'm gonna go have coffee! :nutcase:
Reply 592
Um. Is anyone about who wouldn't mind me PMing them? about something pretty personal. Dunno if I really want to, and I don't particularly want any long reply I just think I need to get this out.
Original post by Sultana
Um. Is anyone about who wouldn't mind me PMing them? about something pretty personal. Dunno if I really want to, and I don't particularly want any long reply I just think I need to get this out.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *pause for breath* eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Reply 594
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *pause for breath* eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

OK thank you. You might regret that enthusiasm though!
Original post by bytail

Do you mean like kids in the street? Because that happens to me all the time too. ****ing annoying as hell. And upsetting :frown:

Went for the playing computer games and shooting things option. :h: How's you, and how's the bacon?

There's a pretty good game with zombie rabbits that you shoot at, probably needs a mouse though. I'd really recommend the bloon tower defense games too if you haven't played them before.

The bacon is incredible. The best bacon I've ever eaten! Thank you! :adore:
Original post by Sultana
OK thank you. You might regret that enthusiasm though!

But I'm bored and avoiding answering my shamefully long list of TSR quotes. :ashamed2:

There's a pretty good game with zombie rabbits that you shoot at, probably needs a mouse though. I'd really recommend the bloon tower defense games too if you haven't played them before.

The bacon is incredible. The best bacon I've ever eaten! Thank you! :adore:

Think I've tried it and yeah, you need a mouse. I was playing psychonauts - you get to have psychic powers. :dance:

Hope your girlfriend's suitably jealous. :h:
(edited 11 years ago)
Think I've tried it and yeah, you need a mouse. I was playing psychonauts - you get to have psychic powers. :dance:

Hope your girlfriend's suitably jealous. :h:

I recently got the witcher which has loads of boobies in and batman arkham city where you get to fly and beat people up and ****. Good fun, would recommend both of them.

She is. She loves bacon almost as much as I do :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Do you mean like kids in the street? Because that happens to me all the time too. ****ing annoying as hell. And upsetting :frown:

Yeah :sad: Was walking the dog earlier and a few of them came up behind me and started making comments insinuating that I want sex with my dog (:confused:) as well as the standard laughing at me. I know I'm ****, I don't need stupid chavvy kids rubbing it in every time I leave the house.
I recently got the witcher which has loads of boobies in and batman arkham city where you get to fly and beat people up and ****. Good fun, would recommend both of them.

She is. She loves bacon almost as much as I do :tongue:

Rob's got the witcher - awful lot of prostitutes. :sexface:

Does she hate me now? :mmm:

Original post by bytail
Yeah :sad: Was walking the dog earlier and a few of them came up behind me and started making comments insinuating that I want sex with my dog (:confused:) as well as the standard laughing at me. I know I'm ****, I don't need stupid chavvy kids rubbing it in every time I leave the house.

You and your dog are both awesome, and the chavs can go **** themselves. :h:

Latest