The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ParadoxSocks
Still no contact from the uni I'm applying to. I emailed the lecturer that was emailing me and somebody higher up too but still nothing. Lectures started today and im terrified that they'll tell me I'm too late to start now. I just want to know what's happening. I just want to cry all day and I'm stuck sharing a bed with my sister until uni starts and I can move out :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know what classes you're taking? If so I'd just contact the lecturers asking for the locations and times of everything, and then just show up. My uni screwed up my timetable too and didn't tell me where any of my lectures were, so I've had to email everybody and find out for myself.
Original post by superwolf
AAAARGH TOTAL MIND****! My flatmate (one who I've not spoken to that much yet) is friends with my mortal enemy (female version) on facebook. Plus she's friends with several other people from that social circle, so it's unlikely to be that she only knows her slightly. **** **** **** **** ****.

(apologies for the bold and block capitals, but trust me it's necessary)

What an odd coincidence. Then again, I have your mortal enemy on my facebook and I'm fantastic so I don't think you need to worry too much.

Unless she invites your mortal enemy over....oh that wouldn't be good.

I'd probably try to befriend her, scout out how she feels about this enemy and perhaps drop a hint somewhere down the line that you and the enemy don't get on so don't invite her over when you're there perhaps? I mean you do have a pretty good reason.
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Still no contact from the uni I'm applying to. I emailed the lecturer that was emailing me and somebody higher up too but still nothing. Lectures started today and im terrified that they'll tell me I'm too late to start now. I just want to know what's happening. I just want to cry all day and I'm stuck sharing a bed with my sister until uni starts and I can move out :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Calm down :hugs:

I had that problem too, I agree with the wolf - email everyone and they should be fine with you just turning up.
Original post by Sabertooth
What an odd coincidence. Then again, I have your mortal enemy on my facebook and I'm fantastic so I don't think you need to worry too much.

Unless she invites your mortal enemy over....oh that wouldn't be good.

I'd probably try to befriend her, scout out how she feels about this enemy and perhaps drop a hint somewhere down the line that you and the enemy don't get on so don't invite her over when you're there perhaps? I mean you do have a pretty good reason.

This is true. In fact I still have her on facebook too - just in case I'm ever feeling drunk and vindictive, and feel like ruining her life. :colone:

I know... :afraid: I'd either fall apart completely, or assault her with the nearest heavy blunt instrument. :moon:

I was considering this. Flatmate hasn't proved too sociable so far though - barely had more than a two minute conversation with her. Still, if she's a social recluse then she's less likely to invite people's mortal enemies over, so maybe this will actually work to my advantage.
This is true. In fact I still have her on facebook too - just in case I'm ever feeling drunk and vindictive, and feel like ruining her life. :colone:

I know... :afraid: I'd either fall apart completely, or assault her with the nearest heavy blunt instrument. :moon:

I was considering this. Flatmate hasn't proved too sociable so far though - barely had more than a two minute conversation with her. Still, if she's a social recluse then she's less likely to invite people's mortal enemies over, so maybe this will actually work to my advantage.

Very true. Have you tried bribing her with alcohol or baked goodies to talk to you? She could be the second member of your personal army (after me of course :lockstock: ) against the mortal enemy if you get her on side.
I've got an amazing gig to to tonight but I'm feeling really low and don't want to go. I just want to go to bed. :frown:
Reply 786
:puppyeyes: Mood isn't good :sigh:
Original post by Sabertooth
Very true. Have you tried bribing her with alcohol or baked goodies to talk to you? She could be the second member of your personal army (after me of course :lockstock: ) against the mortal enemy if you get her on side.

Have made both cake and cider (did you end up making something for your mum by the way?), but don't think she's partaken of either yet. Still I like your thinking - maybe I can slowly infiltrate all of Mortal Enemy's friends and turn them against her until she's left with nothing, not even her dignity. :mwuaha:

Original post by Aemiliana
I've got an amazing gig to to tonight but I'm feeling really low and don't want to go. I just want to go to bed. :frown:

:hugs: Stay at home with lesbian movies and cups of tea instead then?

Original post by Idle
:puppyeyes: Mood isn't good :sigh:

:console: Hope you feel better soon. Maybe you need some lesbian movie time too?
Reply 788
:console: Hope you feel better soon. Maybe you need some lesbian movie time too?

Thank you, I can't see it making it any worse tbh :tongue:
Original post by Alofleicester
I'll have to, but I just feel kinda pathetic to have let it got to this - all I had to say was no to living with them - didn't even need to tell them I can't stand them, I could have just said I was going to live with someone else.

I though SAD was just the problems occurring in one/two seasons each year - not necessarily one particular season for everyone?

Well, yeah, the name implies that. But I've only ever known of people that experience it during winter, and everything I've ever read has been about people feeling down in autumn/winter. Cause, you know, everyone loves summer. >_>
Have made both cake and cider (did you end up making something for your mum by the way?), but don't think she's partaken of either yet. Still I like your thinking - maybe I can slowly infiltrate all of Mortal Enemy's friends and turn them against her until she's left with nothing, not even her dignity. :mwuaha:

:hugs: Stay at home with lesbian movies and cups of tea instead then?

It's so tempting but I'll kick myself if I don't go. I clearly just need to down some cider and **** off to the venue
Reply 791
It's so tempting but I'll kick myself if I don't go. I clearly just need to down some cider and **** off to the venue

Halestorm? :tongue:
Original post by Idle
Halestorm? :tongue:

How'd you guess?

Maybe your flatmates will be kind and kick you until you get off your arse and go. :tongue: Cider gets the superwolf seal of approval. :yy:
Maybe your flatmates will be kind and kick you until you get off your arse and go. :tongue: Cider gets the superwolf seal of approval. :yy:

I think my flatmates are too busy moving each others door signs :tongue:

Haha now I just have to find the cider...
Reply 795
How'd you guess?

Knew you liked them and pretty sure they are in the UK atm :tongue:
AAAARGH TOTAL MIND****! My flatmate (one who I've not spoken to that much yet) is friends with my mortal enemy (female version) on facebook. Plus she's friends with several other people from that social circle, so it's unlikely to be that she only knows her slightly. **** **** **** **** ****.

(apologies for the bold and block capitals, but trust me it's necessary)

Is the mortal enemy who I think it is? The one I also share hatred with?
Original post by ViceVersa
Is the mortal enemy who I think it is? The one I also share hatred with?

Nah, this is someone far worse. :eek:
Nah, this is someone far worse. :eek:

Far worse than you-know-who? I shudder to even imagine.
Tried to talk it through with my parents. They yelled at me and told me to drop out. Now I feel worse.

Latest