The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by superwolf

:console: All sounds a bit crap. You think of any reasons for why you've been feeling like this/not sleeping, or is it just one of those horrible clouds that come out of nowhere?

To cheer you up (temporarily at least), have a song about a yellow fly.

Combination of time of year and random clouds that appear from nowhere. I'm sure once it's done precipitating over my waking moments and washing my emotions away I shall eventually see a return to some semblance of normality/function. Until then I can but fetch a brolly and stand around looking like Eeyore. Not all bad being a donkey though, I do love carrots.

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Thanks! I only realised when asdfgah text me. I'm in shock :eek2:

But thank you :colondollar: :hugs: :colondollar:

Well done to everyone in here who got an award! MHSS ftw! :yeah: :awesome: :pierre:

Congratulations :woo:

I think everyone here deserves an award, life is hard enough as it is without having the burden of mental health problems on top :yes: So you're all awesome each and every one of you :smile:

/display of human emotion only seen once in a blue moon :moon: Now I must return to the future and my creator Skynet, clearly I am beginning to malfunction!

Original post by bytail
Anyone know how long it takes for zopiclone to hit? Not sure if I should take it tonight or take it a bit earlier tomorrow night...

About 30 minutes to an hour normally :smile:
Reply 7981
Original post by Anonymous
You are exactly right, Rory. My body has been used to this erratic sleeping pattern. I have been going to bed at 5am till 5pm, which is incredibly unhealthy. I spend hours in bed just thinking, thinking, thinking. I decided to force myself to get up at 2pm (hey, it's a start :tongue:) and get on with a busy day. Got on with so many errands and hobbies. I felt so much better. My depression and anxiety festers throughout nighttime. Nightime is a horrible time for me. I often feel worse late at night. Anybody else? It seems quite common.

Yep. I also get worse at night. Add to that a messed up sleeping pattern :sad:

:hugs:

Original post by Nut.
I think so.

It certainly was in my case. My parents weren't told anything even when I was in hospital.

I had to sign a form allowing the MH people to talk to a couple of university staff, and my GP here knows that my parents are not my next of kin on my notes so they aren't involved at all.

Last bit seems interesting. May do that when I'm off to uni :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7982
Music is the only thing keeping me together right now. I honestly don't know how someone's mood can change so dramatically. Waaaah.
Original post by Trottoir
oh i see. my mum doesnt care! she thinks im delusional and attention seeking lol. i guess the awkwardness shows that they couldn't really imagine you being so unhappy :frown: sounds like you've been in some incredibly interesting experiences (travelling abroad, wanting to be actor)....

Well my parents were always in denial about my depression for years. I mean it's always been there which makes me think it may be a chemical imbalance rather than completely situational. Started to feel it majorly when I was 13/14, then when I was 15 around my mock GCSEs it became really bad and each major episode has grown progressively worse. To be honest it's only this time they've accepted it properly. I kind of regret not getting professional help earlier but meh. Maybe your parents will come around eventually, took mine ages, there's always hope.

Yeah, I do a lot of acting/music stuff. I really am a workaholic with that stuff, it keeps the depression at bay. Trouble is, it can burn you out. Well the year abroad was certainly interesting :laugh:, I guess at least I went crazy in a nice looking place!
Managed to find my way back into this section of the forum again...

I was diagnosed with moderate-severe depression early last year. After several talks with my friends and certain healthcare professions, I felt a lot better and managed to overcome my lack of appetite, along with several other symptoms.

Recently, I've just been getting random waves of depression (lasting for a day or two) with no apparent trigger. I would just lock myself in my room, overthinking everything that people have said / done to me in the past. I haven't been sleeping properly in weeks, averaging four hours of sleep daily. I'm starting to feel very insecure about myself again and many negative thoughts keep rising up. I can't even hold a conversation with someone properly without overthinking something midway... I won't go into detail about how my depression started but it has been going on for several years and isn't something that can be solved easily. ~ childhood trauma is part of it.

Has anyone here ever experienced this feeling, where you can just close your eyes, completely blank out all sounds and distractions, and just feel comfortable? at peace? As though there was a place where no one and nothing can disturb you? No disappointments, rejections, arguments?

Its hard to put into words the thoughts that are going through my head right now... Every time I'm depressed, I end up feeling this sense of uselessness and get the urge to destroy everything I've done. Completely erasing myself off the face of the earth. As an example, its like drawing hundreds of paintings, and hanging them up in an art gallery, then feeling the urge to just burn the whole place down. Its irrational and a waste, but at the same time, the thought of it feels calming too... Its like how everyone expects you to continue publishing artwork, to an even higher standard than your previous paintings, yet the destruction of it all will clear you of that stress, that pressure.

Don't really need anyone to reply to this. Just needed a place to vent it out. Just telling someone, anyone, has made me feel slightly better. This is a side which I never want my friends and family to find out about, so although I've use this site quite frequently and know how H&R works, it just feels wrong not to say, "please, keep this anon."

... thanks for reading :smile:
Original post by fire2burn
About 30 minutes to an hour normally :smile:

Ah right thank-you, guess I'll take it at 9 or 10 tomorrow then.
im meant to be going to my sisters tomorrow, and stopping over. having a bit of girlie time before i go back to uni. but i really dont want to go :/
iv never felt like that when seeing my sister, but i think its because i know i wont see her now until summer, and if i dont go to hers, then it means im not going back to uni :/ no idea if that makes sense to anyone :confused:

for some reason im just feeling massivly rubbish tonight and just want to sleep from now until my train on saturday :/

hope everyone is having a good day [=
Original post by bytail
Anyone know how long it takes for zopiclone to hit? Not sure if I should take it tonight or take it a bit earlier tomorrow night...

I usually make sure I'm tucked up in bed before the 20minute mark and it seems to work shortly after.

Good luck!

One of my all time favorite drugs. :love: Made my life so much more pleasant so many times.
Reply 7988
Original post by Anonymous
Managed to find my way back into this section of the forum again...

I was diagnosed with moderate-severe depression early last year. After several talks with my friends and certain healthcare professions, I felt a lot better and managed to overcome my lack of appetite, along with several other symptoms.

Recently, I've just been getting random waves of depression (lasting for a day or two) with no apparent trigger. I would just lock myself in my room, overthinking everything that people have said / done to me in the past. I haven't been sleeping properly in weeks, averaging four hours of sleep daily. I'm starting to feel very insecure about myself again and many negative thoughts keep rising up. I can't even hold a conversation with someone properly without overthinking something midway... I won't go into detail about how my depression started but it has been going on for several years and isn't something that can be solved easily. ~ childhood trauma is part of it.

Has anyone here ever experienced this feeling, where you can just close your eyes, completely blank out all sounds and distractions, and just feel comfortable? at peace? As though there was a place where no one and nothing can disturb you? No disappointments, rejections, arguments?

Its hard to put into words the thoughts that are going through my head right now... Every time I'm depressed, I end up feeling this sense of uselessness and get the urge to destroy everything I've done. Completely erasing myself off the face of the earth. As an example, its like drawing hundreds of paintings, and hanging them up in an art gallery, then feeling the urge to just burn the whole place down. Its irrational and a waste, but at the same time, the thought of it feels calming too... Its like how everyone expects you to continue publishing artwork, to an even higher standard than your previous paintings, yet the destruction of it all will clear you of that stress, that pressure.

Don't really need anyone to reply to this. Just needed a place to vent it out. Just telling someone, anyone, has made me feel slightly better. This is a side which I never want my friends and family to find out about, so although I've use this site quite frequently and know how H&R works, it just feels wrong not to say, "please, keep this anon."

... thanks for reading :smile:

I'm sometimes able to completely blank out all thoughts and just completely relax. Like a meditative state, if that's the sort of thing you mean?

I can understand the feeling of wanting to destroy everything you've done too. I used to get it a lot, and I lost a lot of music, poems and artwork that way. I don't get it as much these days. I got really into minimalism about a year ago and now I don't have a lot of stuff, and everything I do own really means something to me so I have the presence of mind to know that I'll regret damaging stuff.
Everything I own fits comfortably into a small-medium suitcase and a backback: clothes, books, shoes, music, etc. Literally everything. I used to get an urge to run away a lot but I'd feel held back by the amount of stuff that I owned because I wouldn't want to leave anything behind, which made me feel really frustrated (even if I wasn't actually going to leave), so getting rid of that anchor has helped me feel more in control (though I still haven't upped sticks :lol:).

My best advice would be to not care what other people think. It doesn't matter if somebody else doesn't think that you're intelligent or talented: what matters is what you think of yourself. Find people that make you happy and that bring out the best in you, and **** everyone else (whilst still holding doors for them and generally being polite, ofc.) :tongue:

As for the other depressive symptoms and sleep problems, have you been to see a doctor about them? They might be able to offer some pointers on how best to combat your low mood. Therapy might be able to help with the effects of the childhood trauma and with your insecurities. :hugs:
has anyone here ever been really needy and put people off that way? i just remembered a really embarrassing memory where I used to constantly ring my best friend and it kept annoying her family. gah how embarrassing.
I swear the government have bugged and put cameras in my house when I've been away... Keep hearing some buzzing like a camera is recording... My phone is also definitely being tapped, heard a strange noise today when my call to my girlfriend started, it's so obvious.

Shadows and Ella are constantly talking about tomorrow, it should just be a normal day but for some reason it feels completely full of meaning, bad meaning. I don't know, just not looking forward to it, feeling nervous and worried. Hence the drinking. But feel so unsafe here in my flat. Really scared, just feels like tomorrow is so special in a horrible horrible way. Don't even want to leave the house, but I have DBT, and it's my 3rd last session with my therapist until he leaves. Part of me (horrible BPD me) feels like phoning him up and just telling him he can shove his therapy up his arse as he is just going to leave soon anyway so why should I talk to him? But then the other part of me feels like I want to make the most of every bit of time he is going to be here. So confusing.
Original post by superwolf

Spoiler

Been there, done that and now just on a waiting list. Thank you though
Strangely ive been feeling better the last few days

Spoiler

Howve you been feeling? :smile:

Whats up? :hugs:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 7994
In bed. So hello to thinking about negative things and not being able to sleep :cry: . This morning I absolutely need to wake up early enough to go to the doctors to make an appointment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by avhhs
In bed. So hello to thinking about negative things and not being able to sleep :cry: . This morning I absolutely need to wake up early enough to go to the doctors to make an appointment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i know the feeling. i often find watching youtube vids on my phone does the trick xx
Reply 7996
Original post by Frozendreamer
Whats up? :hugs:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Family :/ Can't post because it could be triggering for some people since it's to do with my sister and stuff that's happened to her :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meaty_man
I've had feelings like this before, for me its been when I've been planning to see friends but then i get a panic attack and drop out, i also got real nervous and had chest pains before i needed to drive somewhere.

Im finding that the more people i tell about my problems, the more people i find with similar problems, and the more people i find that i can talk about my problems to. I don't think Im just lucky either. Some people don't understand and will think you are strange, so what, Its not your fault you're like this. A bunch of people will empathise and/or empathise with you, and personally i find outside support from friends and family helps me greatly.

You may be able to deal with this all on your own, but from my experience i find it is really difficult :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm feeling a bit better now, managed to have something to eat and a chat with a friend which helped take my mind of things. I've always found it difficult asking other people for support as I just feel like a burden and guilty for trying to make my problems theirs.

Spoiler

Reply 7998
Original post by Deyesy
Family :/ Can't post because it could be triggering for some people since it's to do with my sister and stuff that's happened to her :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: you know where I am if you need me x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by avhhs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly the same :frown: had a pretty rubbish night and now to lay in the dark for an hour or two with my brain on overtime!

Hope you get your drs appointment sorted :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest