This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVIII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Why do I feel disappointed in myself for taking the citalopram? :sigh:
Original post by Deyesy
Why do I feel disappointed in myself for taking the citalopram? :sigh:

No idea, there's nothing disappointing about treating the symptoms of an illness :nah:
Reply 1582
Original post by bytail
No idea, there's nothing disappointing about treating the symptoms of an illness :nah:

No but it's disappointing knowing you're effectively being controlled by a tiny tablet :/
Reply 1583
Original post by bytail
When I was taking citalopram it seemed to **** with my sleep no matter what time of the day I took it :frown: When I changed from evening to morning I think I just took my full dose one night, and then again the next morning, but if you miss a dose it shouldn't do any damage :smile:

Thanks :smile: I think I'll do 50 tonight and 100 tomorrow, that should minimise chances of discontinuation (I wouldn't be so worried about it, but when I came off citalopram my discontinuation symptoms were horrible).
Reply 1584
Original post by Deyesy
No but it's disappointing knowing you're effectively being controlled by a tiny tablet :/

Um you're not? Its the anxiety controlling you, the pill is trying to help you be yourself.
Original post by Deyesy

Would you say that if you had diabetes and your insulin had to be controlled via injections? :tongue: I know it sucks having to take medication, but if it has the potential to improve your quality of life then it's worth trying.

Original post by asdfgah
Thanks :smile: I think I'll do 50 tonight and 100 tomorrow, that should minimise chances of discontinuation (I wouldn't be so worried about it, but when I came off citalopram my discontinuation symptoms were horrible).

Ah, I got horrible withdrawal the first time I came off it, but was okay the 2nd time. That sounds like a sensible idea, hopefully it'll help with your sleeping pattern!
Reply 1586
Original post by Sultana
Um you're not? Its the anxiety controlling you, the pill is trying to help you be yourself.

Ums. What I meant is that it's disappointing that I can't control the anxiety myself?

Sorry, I should have been more clear.
Original post by asdfgah

You should be OK with discontinuation after one day. :smile: With Sertraline, when I switched back to morning from evening (four days taking it in the evening was horrible), I took the dosage in the afternoon the day after I took it in the evening, and in the morning the following day, so it was slightly more tapered than if I'd gone straight from evening to morning. Also, when I switched back to morning, I went down from 100mg to 50mg, as I was decreasing the dosage anyway (I lasted 4 days on 100mg, really disagreed with me, so I went back to the GP and she started weaning me off it), and that didn't give me any discontinuation (Sertraline discontinuation hit later).

At the moment I'm coming off Citalopram... For the first couple of weeks tapering down it was fine, but now I've decreased the dose more it's making me feel awful... Nausea and now stomach cramps. :frown: When I got stomach cramps coming off Sertraline, I ended up spending an evening throwing up, so I seriously hope history's not about to repeat itself. Feel awful though, not helped by uni stress.
Original post by asdfgah
Oh also, has anyone here switched from taking SSRIs in the evening to taking them in the morning? I wonder if my Sertraline is what's stopping me sleeping. If so, is it generally okay to just not take it tonight and then take my dose in the morning, or is that likely to give me discontinuation symptoms tomorrow? Maybe I should do half tonight and half tomorow morning?

Thank you, I'm hoping to get some sleep tonight as last night was awful, I hope you can get a bit as well. :hugs:

In that case, I hope you manage to get some sleep. I'm feeling ridiculously awake so I'm going to try wearing my brain out a bit more before even trying to sleep :tongue:
Reply 1589
Original post by Deyesy
Ums. What I meant is that it's disappointing that I can't control the anxiety myself?

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Bytails diabetes example is good. It actually a good thing you accept you can't do everything by yourself, and accept some extra help rather than let it consume you.
How to stop over-thinking at night...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Apple Jacks
How to stop over-thinking at night...

Try writing everything down? Can help stop thoughts circling round your head again and again.
Reply 1592
Shipping forecast is on in a bit :wink:
Reply 1593
Original post by SciFiRory
drinking and talking to people really makes me feel so much better about myself, for one I feel relaxed cause of the alcohol and for another talking to people makes me feel good cause it means they want to talk to me and it's great cause we talked about interesting things :smile: the meeting I went to was really interesting and afterwards I was talking to lot's of new people who seem really nice, also had a few drinks (only £1.20 a pint in the SU bar here! :biggrin:) so feel pretty good! :smile:

hope everyone else is well? :grouphugs:

:woo: A very well done. Just shows the importance of friends :smile: :yep:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Am feeling a little low coz my CV got ripped to shreds on the CV Help forum here :colondollar: Otherwise OK though :h:

Happened to me a while back too :getmecoat:. Haven't gone back since :biggrin:

Original post by Sultana
Shipping forecast is on in a bit :wink:

:laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1594
And yes, I did do my homework :smile: :smartass: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1595
Original post by bytail
Would you say that if you had diabetes and your insulin had to be controlled via injections? :tongue: I know it sucks having to take medication, but if it has the potential to improve your quality of life then it's worth trying.

Original post by Sultana
Bytails diabetes example is good. It actually a good thing you accept you can't do everything by yourself, and accept some extra help rather than let it consume you.

But my okay days tell me I'm completely okay though. Evidently I'm not because I'm constantly tensing up at the moment because I'm attempting to stop anxiety.

Yeahhhhhhh. Imma disappear before it does consume me because I can see the thoughts approaching already. Two nights in a row I've had half decent days and then the thoughts come on in the evening. Not good when running away from everything seems completely rational.
Original post by Deyesy
But my okay days tell me I'm completely okay though. Evidently I'm not because I'm constantly tensing up at the moment because I'm attempting to stop anxiety.

Yeahhhhhhh. Imma disappear before it does consume me because I can see the thoughts approaching already. Two nights in a row I've had half decent days and then the thoughts come on in the evening. Not good when running away from everything seems completely rational.

Yeah, but the problem with okay days is that they're the exception rather that the rule :sadnod:
Do you think it might be worth seeing if you can get your anxiety under control before making any decisions? Sometimes uni just doesn't suit people but it would be awful if you did leave and then hated yourself for it later. But like I said sometimes uni just doesn't work for people, maybe you could consider doing an open university degree if you really need the degree?
Reply 1598
I am in mental distress. I had a severe panic attack with chest pains such that I was taken to Hospital.

After about 5 hours with ECGs and an emergency angiogram, I've been diagnosed with takosubo myocardiopathy.

My behaviour as of late has been erratic, loss of appetite and I've been having sudden mood swings.

All of this is over the break down of my first relationship. I don't know what to do; I am confused and my mental frame of mind puts me in non compos mentis. This is further compounded by my anxiety issues and body dysmorphia.

:hugs: Maybe I'm a bit idealistic but if the masters is something that you really want to do I'd really fight to get the support both from your gp and uni, so that you can give it your best shot. On the other hand if you don't really want to do it I wouldn't put yourself through hell trying to do something that may or may not get you a better job in the future. But maybe I'm a bit naive:redface: What is your course in, if you don't mind me being nosy :tongue:

Latest