The Student Room Group

Chemistry OCR Coursework (Quantitative) ADVICE?

Hey guys,

My chemistry quantitative coursework is tomorrow... We've been told this:

"You will carry out an experiment to investigate reaction rates"

I've revised all the rates stuff etc, so that should all be fine, but I always seem to screw up the practical side of it. The CW is my weakest area, so I really want to try to bump it up... 14-15/15 hopefully :smile:

Anyone have any good advice? Anything I should look at in preparation? Thanks in advance!!
Is this A2 coursework?
Reply 2
Original post by Alevelstudent1908
Is this A2 coursework?

Yep, should've mentioned that!
Original post by TauMuon
Hey guys,

My chemistry quantitative coursework is tomorrow... We've been told this:

"You will carry out an experiment to investigate reaction rates"

I've revised all the rates stuff etc, so that should all be fine, but I always seem to screw up the practical side of it. The CW is my weakest area, so I really want to try to bump it up... 14-15/15 hopefully :smile:

Anyone have any good advice? Anything I should look at in preparation? Thanks in advance!!

I've been told the same about my coursework for Monday, can you remember what came up?
Hey guys, I have mine on Monday, please can u help me with preparation for it. I really want to get a good grade in chem this year since my grade at AS wasn't good
mines tomorrow, im seeing drenge tonight so it would be helpful if people have any ideas about what it could be about?
Reply 6
Hey guys
I have this too, at a guess, considering the specification work we do in class and the experiments I've done before for rates, it could involve a colour change, or measuring gas production over time... plus the rate/time and concentration/time graphs to determine the order of the reaction and the rate equation :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest