The Student Room Group

Prism Folding

I am finding it hard to fold this in my mind, how would I go about this problem? Is the answer B? if no, then what should be the right answer?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Nope, try again.

Think about it like this: you only have to check through two rotations; left base shown or right base shown.
Reply 2
Spatial awareness really isn't my point, so I'm sorry If I sound really ignorant!

I don't know what you mean by "left base shown or right base shown"?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Maths.Guy
Spacial awareness really isn't my point, so I'm sorry If I sound really ignorant!

I don't know what you mean by "left base shown or right base shown"?

Um, hard to explain..

I meant that, in each of the answer choices, they show 1 base (out of 2) and 1 face (out of 3). So really it's just spatially (unfortunately it's not your strong point :frown: ) rotating it in your head until you see the face shown, and if that doesn't work, flip it around to check the other base.

"left" referred to the one on the left, and "right" referred to the one on the right, when they were shown on the net.
Reply 4
I just made this shape, by making a template and cutting it out and folding it, and shading the required areas, and I *can't* make B! The answer to this question is E. However I *CAN* make E. (basically fold up this template and turn it upside down to make E)!

?? :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by Maths.Guy
I just made this shape, by making a template and cutting it out and folding it, and shading the required areas, and I *can't* make B! The answer to this question is E. However I *CAN* make E. (basically fold up this template and turn it upside down to make E)!

?? :s-smilie:

B: Long, horizontal stripes should be on the bottom.

E: Check if the long, horizontal stripes are in the correct places and not flipped.

Quick Reply

Latest