The Student Room Group

Statistical analysis using prism help please!

Hi, I’m struggling in terms of inputting my data into prism and figuring out which analysis to do, whether thats one-way anova or the chi-square test etc.

I’m doing a research project linking dog characteristics with aspects of animal welfare/behaviour on walks: The effect of size on activity levels in dogs.

Using an excel table I jotted down the size of the dog (small/medium/large) and noted what activity the dog was doing and how much It, using a 1-5 scale where each number represented a different activity.

Out of the activities, I noted down the activity it was doing the most as the overall scale rating.

Now the issue is originally I thought I’d do the chi-square test but when I inputted the data after selecting contingency (I put large medium and small down the left and across it was titled scale where I added up how many large dogs did scale 1 and wrote it down, how many did 2 etc.), it gives results and a p value of 0.00002 and then at the bottom there’s this orange box says the calculations are not valid and suggests I merge two columns eyc.

One-way anova compares significant differences so it seems better but when I select the column option It only allows me to enter numbers so I can’t write down the size of the dogs. So I’m a little lost now!

Any help would be appreciated as well as steps on how to do it, thank you!
(edited 8 months ago)
Wouldn't want to give the wrong advice on this one but super interested in the results of your study! If you have time to post any findings/conclusions that would be great! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending