The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Death penalty, jail or castration for rapists?

Scroll to see replies

Prison, however a proper sentence maybe 10-15 years imho
Original post by firez
and is your dad going to foot the whole bill to pay for the costs of all rapists in jail hmm you know its 35 000 per prisoner a year

What if you were at a party and got drunk and slept with some random girl who later cried rape and you were jailed. Would you be happy to have your genitals chopped off?
Reply 22
Prison....and only after the rape has been proven to be true 110%.I have no doubt there are men in prison up and down the country who are there and shouldnt be.
Certainly not the death penalty, we don't need that in our country.

Original post by WildBerrySpirit
Castration and torture.

:rolleyes: Because that wouldn't make us barbaric right?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by firez
x

I disagree with the idea of torture therefore I sympathise with rapists. Wonderful logic.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by firez
x

That's a pretty ignorant view. Just because he doesn't agree with your views on the level of punishment, it doesn't mean that he sympathises with the rapist rather than a victim.
It just means that he's not an ******* who wants to resort to unecessary barbaric, backwards punishments when a prison sentence would suffice. What's next, tie them to a cross and burn them?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 26
Yes , heinous crimes such as murder, rape etc deserve the death penalty, burglary is a serious but not heinous crime
Reply 27
Castration isn't just about cutting the balls off with a hot knife. There are libido suppressing medications that can be administered.

Although, I don't support that and I certainly don't support the idea that the state has the right to take a life.
Original post by firez
x.

Ah yes, the 'I don't drink so I couldn't possibly ever do anything wrong' defense.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by InnerTemple
So uncontrolled vigilantism is good, but controlled state state sanctioned execution is wrong?

That's a pretty loose set of ethics...

I think you misunderstood my post if you think I was in favour of uncontrolled vigilantism.
Reply 30
Original post by thunder_chunky
I disagree with the idea of torture therefore I sympathise with rapists. Wonderful logic.

Chopping their cock and testicles off under a hospital procedure is not torture, the anesthetic given will make sure of it followed by post op morphine.
Original post by firez
x

Disagreeing with the premise doesn't make him pro rapist.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by firez
Chopping their cock and testicles off under a hospital procedure is not torture, the anesthetic given will make sure of it followed by post op morphine.

The person I responded to mentioned torture as well. Read it again.
Original post by joker12345
If they're in prison, it's gonna be pretty hard for them to rape, isn't it?

With the amount of rape in prisons I am uncertain if what you said was sarcastic or just ill-informed.
Original post by firez
x.

I'd say it's more than likely he does think it is barbaric, not stating so doesn't mean he approves of the act.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by firez
x

we pay the same money for burglars, why don't we just kill them too? saves money and prevents re-offending right?

there are more important things than saving money, such as not becoming as bad as the criminals we are trying to stop. there is no reason to stoop to such barbaric levels, especially considering the number of innocent men who are wrongly accused of rape. that is vengeance, not justice

there are better ways to save money, such as saving jail sentences for serious offenders and putting lesser offenses on community service. if somebody is not a danger to the public, jail time is too expensive to be used as a punishment
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by lucaf
we pay the same money for burglars, why don't we just kill them too? saves money and prevents re-offending right?

there are more important things than saving money, such as not becoming as bad as the criminals we are trying to stop. there is no reason to stoop to such barbaric levels, especially considering the number of innocent men who are wrongly accused of rape. that is vengeance, not justice

there are better ways to save money, such as saving jail sentences for serious offenders and putting lesser offenses on community service. if somebody is not a danger to the public, jail time is too expensive to be used as a punishment

This is rape thread, if you want to discuss other crimes create a new thread OK, in any case rape is heinous theft robbery and burglary are serious but not heinous
Original post by firez
x

In American states where the death penalty is legal it actually costs more to kill someone by lethal injection than it does to for them to serve a life sentence due to the appeal process.

Source: http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by firez
x.

Are you really a married man? From your posts i thought you were 17 or something...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by firez
This is rape thread, if you want to discuss other crimes create a new thread OK, in any case rape is heinous theft robbery and burglary are serious but not heinous

just because rape is more serious, if we are talking about saving money (which you are) why should rapists be executed and less serious crimes not? after all, executing burglars would save more money. is it because saving money is less important than fairly administering justice? if that is the case then don't use saving money as a reason for execution or castration.

as I said before, giving somebody a punishment as savage as their crime is not justice, it is institutionalized revenge

Latest

Trending

Trending