The Student Room Group

M1 rounding your aswer

hey guys,

I just wanted to know, when giving a answer how many decimal placesshell i include? i typically give the answer to 1 decimal place if my answer is greater then 10 or less then -10 and 2 decimal places if the answer is greater then 1 or less then -1, however if between, ill give my answer to 3 decimal places. I don't want to lose marks on this silly thing, so any thought would be appreciated.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by we go bellys
hey guys,

I just wanted to know, when giving a answer how many decimal placesshell i include? i typically give the answer to 1 decimal place if my answer is greater then 10 or less then -10 and 2 decimal places if the answer is greater then 1 or less then -1, however if between, ill give my answer to 3 decimal places. I don't want to lose marks on this silly thing, so any thought would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 sig fig
Reply 2
Original post by TenOfThem
3 sig fig

Cheers
Reply 3
Cheers

If you are unsure at any point give the full display = the rounded version
Reply 4
hey guys,

Thanks

always use the full value in your calculations to get the final answer (but you can round up when writing it each step) and then put final ans to 3sf unless it says anything else.

Quick Reply

Latest