The Student Room Group

Further Maths! M1 and M2

I plan on self studying M1 and M2 by August and giving these exams in October
Is it a good idea since I'll have only September to practise past papers for both these modules?
Original post by MrsMia
I plan on self studying M1 and M2 by August and giving these exams in October
Is it a good idea since I'll have only September to practise past papers for both these modules?

It’s certainly an ambitious task. I generally wouldn’t recommend doing something like this.

But if I am correct that you are doing the international A levels, you should have the option to resit M1 and M2 in January and June of 2024, so there is a contingency if necessary.

Do you have the resources to teach yourself the material?
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by TypicalNerd
It’s certainly an ambitious task. I generally wouldn’t recommend doing something like this.

But if I am correct that you are doing the international A levels, you should have the option to resit M1 and M2 in January and June of 2024, so there is a contingency if necessary.

Do you have the resources to teach yourself the material?

I only use the textbook and examsolutions.net

Btw I am not too bothered about M2 since its going to be considered for ny AS further maths and to score an A* for Further Math I'd need to have 90% in my 3 A2 modules(S2, FP2, FP3) for further maths isn't that right?

Also then would you recommend that I do M2 in Jan? Tho I also have to study S2, P3 and Physics paper 4 at the same time for Jan..
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 3
May I also ask what is "ambitious" about my plan? Is it that I'll have roughly 1.5 months for past papers or that I have less time to cover the content for M1 and M2?
Original post by MrsMia
May I also ask what is "ambitious" about my plan? Is it that I'll have roughly 1.5 months for past papers or that I have less time to cover the content for M1 and M2?

Getting two modules done in that little time.

You could spend a lot of that time on learning the content, but surely there are other things you want to use some of that time for instead.
Original post by MrsMia
I only use the textbook and examsolutions.net

Btw I am not too bothered about M2 since its going to be considered for ny AS further maths and to score an A* for Further Math I'd need to have 90% in my 3 A2 modules(S2, FP2, FP3) for further maths isn't that right?

Also then would you recommend that I do M2 in Jan? Tho I also have to study S2, P3 and Physics paper 4 at the same time for Jan..

I see. Both of those are good resources, though I’d be inclined to make use of Physics and Maths tutor for the solution bank and past papers.

That is understandable, but bear in mind an A* requires you to average 80% across all of your modules, with 90% of the UMS achieved in your A2 modules. As such, you don’t really want to lose too many marks on M2 as you could end up missing that first requirement tor an A*.

I see. Yeah no, January is fully booked. Don’t move M2 to January.
Reply 6
Oh ryt I forgot to mention physmathtutors lol
Thank you so much! Highly appreciate it!

Quick Reply

Latest