The Student Room Group

Trinity College Dublin Year Abroad? Anyone else done it?

Hi,

Well I've applied to do an Erasmus year abroad in Trinity Dublin next year and I am getting really worried about it! Has anyone else here from the UK done it? Mostly I am worried about the accommodation, as there is limited uni accommodation for Erasmus students and private accommodation also looks difficult to find, according to the website. Also the prospect of not making friends is weighing hugely on my mind; being English, I'm not sure if I will fit in with the international students but then I doubt I'll fit in with the Irish home students either, as they will either be freshers or already in established friendship groups I imagine.

Basically, has anyone else studied at Trinity College on a year abroad, or just in general, and can put my mind at ease that it is a worthwhile place to spend a year abroad?
Reply 1
Hello! I haven't done an Erasmus year so I can't really answer any of your questions, but I just wanted to say that Dublin is a great city & that Trinity is a prestigious Uni so well done for getting the chance of a years study there. I don't think you need to worry too much about fitting in, if anything you're at an advantage, having the closer cultural and geographical links with Ireland than most of Erasmus' participants but still bringing a different cultural perspective. Being different, culturally and socially is something that all the International students will have in common, and be excited because international people who have traveled and broadened their understanding of the world from their little local or national bubble tend to be pretty awesome.
Okay I'm going to stop now before I start sounding preachy, but well done and good luck! Also, out of interest might I ask what Uni/Course you're on in the U.K?
x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending