The Student Room Group

Applying to University of Berkeley

Okay, so I was looking at Berkeley's website, and it says that I need 1 college preparatory elective. What is that? Also, it says 3 years of french are recommended. If I was applying for their "College of Engineering", would it matter that i only have taken 2 years of french? Seems like a stupid question, lol, but I'm sort of new at this. If someone could help me that'd be awesome!
Thing is with the US, is that the system is completey different to the UKs, as they don't take A-levels they essentially carry on GCSEs for 4 years and then they don't have grades they have G.P.A's which is 1-4, and its very complicated anyway what I would recommend is going on a website called The Fullbright Commission they do all about US study, then attend one of there seminars which is a 2-3 hour talk about studying in the US.

All I can say is this;
The US unis care much more about YOU that Uk unis do
There obsessed with extra curriculars
You have to take SATS which are a bitch - which is the reason im not applying
its much more competitive that UK unis as the countrys bigger amongst other reason if you have any specific Qs just pm me!
Reply 2
Original post by CharliePhillips
Thing is with the US, is that the system is completey different to the UKs, as they don't take A-levels they essentially carry on GCSEs for 4 years and then they don't have grades they have G.P.A's which is 1-4, and its very complicated anyway what I would recommend is going on a website called The Fullbright Commission they do all about US study, then attend one of there seminars which is a 2-3 hour talk about studying in the US.

All I can say is this;
The US unis care much more about YOU that Uk unis do
There obsessed with extra curriculars
You have to take SATS which are a bitch - which is the reason im not applying
its much more competitive that UK unis as the countrys bigger amongst other reason if you have any specific Qs just pm me!

Well I'm from Canada and I know this is a UK website but I couldnt find any good north american forums for university questions. I'm debating whether I should go to American University to learn there or stay here and go to the University of Toronto because according to a website online, U of T is in the top 15 best computer science schools in the world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending