The Student Room Group

Sciences Po Paris or UC Berkeley?

Hi,
Hoping this is the right forum for this question!
I’ve been offered a year abroad at both Sciences Po in Paris and UC Berkeley to study politics and was wondering if anyone had any opinions as to which would be ‘best’
To me, Berkeley is the more recognisable, however after only a bit of research, its clear Sciences Po is a top school for politics specifically (some even saying on par with Oxford, Cambridge, etc. (?))
I’m just not sure which to go with! Has my idea of Berkeley been inflated by American media or is it actually the better choice?!
Any opinions at all would be helpful, even if you don’t know much about them but can offer your surface perceptions of the two!
Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
Hoping this is the right forum for this question!
I’ve been offered a year abroad at both Sciences Po in Paris and UC Berkeley to study politics and was wondering if anyone had any opinions as to which would be ‘best’
To me, Berkeley is the more recognisable, however after only a bit of research, its clear Sciences Po is a top school for politics specifically (some even saying on par with Oxford, Cambridge, etc. (?))
I’m just not sure which to go with! Has my idea of Berkeley been inflated by American media or is it actually the better choice?!
Any opinions at all would be helpful, even if you don’t know much about them but can offer your surface perceptions of the two!
Thanks.

Hey, was wondering what u picked?
I will have the opportunity to apply to both places at the uni I will be going to (LSE) this September. I haven’t really seen many comparisons between the two places online so was wondering which decision you came to and why to give me a bit more clarity on which I should set my sights on when it is time to apply for those options. Thank you!
definitely Sciences Po!
why dont u do a dual degree with sciences po and berkeley? First 2 years in sciences po then berkeley. They offer it and maybe if u ask about it you can get a place and you would have 2 diplomas

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending