The Student Room Group

Η Ελληνική Κοινωνία

Scroll to see replies

Γειά σας!! Είμαι από την Αγγλία αλλώ τώρα μένω στην Αμερική. Σπουδάζω αστροφυσική και μαθαίνω Ελληνικά στο Χάρβαρντ! Θέλω να μιλήσω Ελληνικά πολύ καλά επειδή το αγόρι μου είναι Έλληνας, από την Κόρινθο. Ήμασταν στην Ελλάδα τον Ιούνιο. Πήγαμε στην Αθήνα, στην Κόρινθο, στην Πάτρα, στη Σπάρτη, στο Ναύπλιο, στην Επίδαυρο... πολλές όμορφες περιοχές! θέλω να πάω πάλι!

For the non-Greek speakers: I'm from England and I'm living in America, studying Astrophysics & modern Greek at Harvard. I want to speak Greek well because my boyfriend is greek :wink: I was in Greece with him in June and we went to loads of beautiful places.

Χαίρω πολύ! Nice to meet everybody!
Reply 581
Gia! Thought I'd pop over to the Greek bit of TSR to say hello! I spent my last year in Greece on Erasmus and it was mental. Loads of highs and lows too (Athens....pff). My Greek is still rubbish: then meelao ellenika, eemai vretaneeka! :colondollar:
Is anyone on here actually from Greece who lives in Greece? (I am I live in Thessaloniki)
krazykeys
Is anyone on here actually from Greece who lives in Greece? (I am I live in Thessaloniki)

My boyfriend comes on TSR and is also from Thessaloniki :smile: I don't think he comes on this thread though.
SpiritedAway
My boyfriend comes on TSR and is also from Thessaloniki :smile: I don't think he comes on this thread though.

Cool. Glad to see.
Reply 585
heyyy greek people :smile: any of you from london/essex areas?
I'm going to Essex uni if that counts :awesome:
krazykeys

yeah, I live in Athens.
Reply 588
Anyone Greek applying with Greek qualifications to UK unis? (I'm from Preveza).
my sister did, she applied to UcLan with only Panellhnies and got accepted. She is leaving in September. What are you applying for and where ?

edit: I just saw your spoiler. Good luck!
Reply 590
Xristina
my sister did, she applied to UcLan with only Panellhnies and got accepted. She is leaving in September. What are you applying for and where ?

edit: I just saw your spoiler. Good luck!

Could you give me some more info regarding what your sister has applied for, with what predicted grades aand to which other unis than UcLan? It would be really helpful. :smile:
Despoina
Could you give me some more info regarding what your sister has applied for, with what predicted grades aand to which other unis than UcLan? It would be really helpful. :smile:

she didn't have predicted grades cause she took the exams last year so she already had her results. She only applied to UcLan because she only liked that course, she applied for Forensic Science and Criminal Investigation. She got accepted with 14. Which obviously is not good, but on the other hand UcLan is not Imperial :P

What are your predicted grades? I didn't even know we can have "predicted grades" in Greece lol....Did you get your offers ?
Reply 592
Xristina
she didn't have predicted grades cause she took the exams last year so she already had her results. She only applied to UcLan because she only liked that course, she applied for Forensic Science and Criminal Investigation. She got accepted with 14. Which obviously is not good, but on the other hand UcLan is not Imperial :P

What are your predicted grades? I didn't even know we can have "predicted grades" in Greece lol....Did you get your offers ?

The subject your sister chose is great!!

Well, actually my referee asked my teachers what my performance is and how good they think I would performed in the examinations (to the subjects I'm sitting in Panellhnies beacase in the other ones teachers help and give out 20 like candies) so I got a beautiful 19.8 as Apolytirion grade. The UCAS application asks for a predicted grade in Apolytirion generally, not to specific subjects. I don't think I can perform as high as my teachers think, but I'm giving it a try, anyway. As you see in the spoiler, I haven't applied only to top unis, cause in Greece you can't be always sure for the outcome of the examinations.

No, I haven't got any offer yet, since UCAS was closed by the time I sent my application, last week. It opens tomorrow, so hopefully I'm getting to hear some news sooner or later. Are you studying or are you still at school?
Despoina
The subject your sister chose is great!!

Well, actually my referee asked my teachers what my performance is and how good they think I would performed in the examinations (to the subjects I'm sitting in Panellhnies beacase in the other ones teachers help and give out 20 like candies) so I got a beautiful 19.8 as Apolytirion grade. The UCAS application asks for a predicted grade in Apolytirion generally, not to specific subjects. I don't think I can perform as high as my teachers think, but I'm giving it a try, anyway. As you see in the spoiler, I haven't applied only to top unis, cause in Greece you can't be always sure for the outcome of the examinations.

No, I haven't got any offer yet, since UCAS was closed by the time I sent my application, last week. It opens tomorrow, so hopefully I'm getting to hear some news sooner or later. Are you studying or are you still at school?

hehe, k gw toso eixa apoluthrio...h 19,7 de thumamai....eixa 19,139 moria stis panellhnies, pou shmainei oti k esu peripou toso prepei na grapseis gia na piaseis to 19,8, me thn proupothesh oti exeis 20 se ola ta endosxolika pou ontws einai eukolo na to piaseis. Egw hmoun thewrhtikh, esu fantazomai eisai thetikh. H ekthesh einai panta aprovlepth pisteuw, panta egrafa 19aria sto frontisthrio k en telei phra ena wraiotato 15,6 alla k pali eixa kalo meso oro, pou shmainei mh frikareis, de xreiazetai na piaseis 20 se ola gia na exeis panw apo 19. Egw spoudazw filologia sthn athina, 4o etos, den hthela na paw exwteriko gia proptuxiaka logw tou oti ta ptuxia meta einai polu duskolo na anagnwtistoun, alla to psilometaniwsa giati einai mproudelo ta ellhnika panepisthmia. Me to kalo molis teleiwsw tha fugw gia metaptuxiako. K elpizw na meinw monima sthn agglia...an hthela na gurisw ellada duskola tha phgaina gia proptuxiako sthn agglia mias k meta h anagnwrish tou ptuxiou thelei polu treximo...esu pws k to apofasises?
Pantws pisteuw apo 19 k panw an exeis tha eisai kalumenh giati nomizw peripou toso zhtane akoma k ta top panepisthmia.
Reply 594
Για την αποδοχή σε μεταπτυχιακό, πάντως, ζητάνε γενικά μονο το βαθμό το πρώτου πτυχίου και τη βαθμολογία σε ορισμένα μαθήματα, ακόμη κι αν τα δύο αντικείμενα δεν ειναι πολύ σχετικα μεταξύ τους (προπτυχιακό και μεταπτυχιακ&#972:wink: και συνηθως δεν ασχολούνται με βαθμολογίες του σχολείου.
miv
Για την αποδοχή σε μεταπτυχιακό, πάντως, ζητάνε γενικά μονο το βαθμό το πρώτου πτυχίου και τη βαθμολογία σε ορισμένα μαθήματα, ακόμη κι αν τα δύο αντικείμενα δεν ειναι πολύ σχετικα μεταξύ τους (προπτυχιακό και μεταπτυχιακ&#972:wink: και συνηθως δεν ασχολούνται με βαθμολογίες του σχολείου.

Αυτο ειναι αληθεια, μονο το πτυχιο τους ενδιαφερει, αλλα η δεσποινα ρωτουσε για προπτυχιακα.
Reply 596
bunthulhu
Γειά σας!! Είμαι από την Αγγλία αλλώ τώρα μένω στην Αμερική. Σπουδάζω αστροφυσική και μαθαίνω Ελληνικά στο Χάρβαρντ! Θέλω να μιλήσω Ελληνικά πολύ καλά επειδή το αγόρι μου είναι Έλληνας, από την Κόρινθο. Ήμασταν στην Ελλάδα τον Ιούνιο. Πήγαμε στην Αθήνα, στην Κόρινθο, στην Πάτρα, στη Σπάρτη, στο Ναύπλιο, στην Επίδαυρο... πολλές όμορφες περιοχές! θέλω να πάω πάλι!

For the non-Greek speakers: I'm from England and I'm living in America, studying Astrophysics & modern Greek at Harvard. I want to speak Greek well because my boyfriend is greek :wink: I was in Greece with him in June and we went to loads of beautiful places.

Χαίρω πολύ! Nice to meet everybody!

Welcome! I feel the need to tell you that you speak Greek very well, how many years have you been studying it for?

GR:
Νιώθω την ανάγκη να σου πω ότι μιλάς πολύ καλά ελληνικά, πόσα χρόνια τα σπουδάζεις;
Reply 597
Xristina
Αυτο ειναι αληθεια, μονο το πτυχιο τους ενδιαφερει, αλλα η δεσποινα ρωτουσε για προπτυχιακα.

Ναι...έχω την εντύπωση οτι στα προπτυχιακά ζητάνε συγκεκριμένες βαθμολογίες σε ορισμένα μαθήματα, σε κάποια τμήματα πληροφορικής μου είχαν πει (σπουδάζω Πληροφορική στην Αθήν&#945:wink:, ζητούσαν από Αγγλία νομιζω βαθμό στα Μαθηματικά τουλάχιστον 18 και τέτοια...Από Αμερική ζητάνε βέβαια να πάρεις και το SAT αλλά αυτό ειναι άλλο θέμα.
miv
Ναι...έχω την εντύπωση οτι στα προπτυχιακά ζητάνε συγκεκριμένες βαθμολογίες σε ορισμένα μαθήματα, σε κάποια τμήματα πληροφορικής μου είχαν πει (σπουδάζω Πληροφορική στην Αθήν&#945:wink:, ζητούσαν από Αγγλία νομιζω βαθμό στα Μαθηματικά τουλάχιστον 18 και τέτοια...Από Αμερική ζητάνε βέβαια να πάρεις και το SAT αλλά αυτό ειναι άλλο θέμα.

Σιγουρα παιζει περισσοτερο ρολο να εχεις μεγαλο βαθμο στα σχετικα μαθηματα, θυμαμαι κ για την αδερφη μου δλδ οτι τους ειχε κακοφανει που δεν ειχε μεγαλο βαθμο σε ενα συγκεκριμενο σχετικο μαθημα, αλλα παρ'ολα αυτα, την πρωτη χρονια που εκανε αιτηση την απορριψανε επειδη δεν ειχε μεγαλο βαθμο στην Ιστορια ( που δεν εχει καμια μα καμια σχεση με το αντικειμενο της ), γενικα στην Αγγλια ειναι υπερ του να εχεις κ ενα αλφα επιπεδο γενικων γνωσεων, κ προσωπικα συμφωνω απολυτα.
miv
Welcome! I feel the need to tell you that you speak Greek very well, how many years have you been studying it for?

GR:
Νιώθω την ανάγκη να σου πω ότι μιλάς πολύ καλά ελληνικά, πόσα χρόνια τα σπουδάζεις;

Thank you very much! I started to learn in September last year. I think it's hard but I like it a lot! I still have a lot to learn... fortunately there are some good websites for learning. For me, Greek songs are also very helpful - when I can understand them!

GR:
Ευχαριστώ πολύ! 'Αρχισα να μαθαίνω το Σεπτέμβριο πέρυσι. Νομίζω ότι είναι δύσκολο, αλλά μ'αρέσει πολύ!! Έχω ακόμα πολλά να μάθω... ευτυχώς υπάρχουν μερικές καλές ιστοσελίδες για τη μάθηση. Για μένα, ελληνικά τραγούδια είναι επίσης πολύ χρήσιμα - όταν μπορώ να τα καταλάβω! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest