The Student Room Group

OCR Advancing Physics G492 ~5 June 2013~

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have any predictions on grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 182
Original post by SherlockHolmes
Does anyone have any predictions on grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it is usually mid 70s for an A

EDIT: These are what the usually are: 70/100 for an A, low 60s for a B, around 55 for a C
I think section A was pretty nice, section C was as expected and B was fairly tough.
by far my hardest question was sec c 12, calculating that g was 2.8? I think I've fudged that one ><
also, sec B question 7) b. how did you get the g value of 140? I got 116 and that seems too low to be an 'almost' :s-smilie:
Any ideas?
Argh! Was a nice paper, but just realised that I put the sensitivities of A and B in the wrong order! :angry:
Reply 185
Original post by fluffylovey
I think section A was pretty nice, section C was as expected and B was fairly tough.
by far my hardest question was sec c 12, calculating that g was 2.8? I think I've fudged that one ><
also, sec B question 7) b. how did you get the g value of 140? I got 116 and that seems too low to be an 'almost' :s-smilie:
Any ideas?

Can you remind me what question 7 was again?
Reply 186
Original post by juniorx
what did people draw for the velocity/time graph

I think it was an S shape graph (increasing gradient moving into a reducing gradient). At the point when the force was at its greatest the v/t gradient is at its steepest. The gradient then reduces to zero by the time it gets to the point when there is no force on the ball. After the ball has left the foot I put a slight deceleration. Not absolutely sure that this is right?
Reply 187

Have a look at the mark scheme thread
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2373065&p=42983847#post42983847

also, sec B question 7) b. how did you get the g value of 140? I got 116 and that seems too low to be an 'almost'

The value in the question was weight and you needed to divide by g to get the mass and work from there
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Mabes
Have a look at the mark scheme thread
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2373065&p=42983847#post42983847

The value in the question was weight and you needed to divide by g to get the mass and work from there

Think I did that? Maybe I was a bit mean reading off the graph :s
I thought the exam was alright.

I didn't revise, so I'll probably get a B.

Didn't even read the advanced notice before the exam :lol:

Should be interesting.

I also forgot to plot 1 of the 3 points we were meant to plot on the graph, just noticed it as the invigilator was collecting the papers.
Reply 190
what value did people get for the gradient after drawing the line of best fit?
Reply 191
Original post by upthegunners
I thought the exam was alright.

I didn't revise, so I'll probably get a B.

Didn't even read the advanced notice before the exam :lol:

Should be interesting.

I also forgot to plot 1 of the 3 points we were meant to plot on the graph, just noticed it as the invigilator was collecting the papers.

What's the advanced notice? :s-smilie:
Original post by m00c0w
What's the advanced notice? :s-smilie:

that insert we got in the exam

you could view it before hand and prep for section C using it
Reply 193
Original post by upthegunners
that insert we got in the exam

you could view it before hand and prep for section C using it

Oh right! The pre-release article. I didn't actually need it in the exam.
Reply 194
Original post by juniorx
what did people draw for the velocity/time graph

I drew like a curvy sigmoid shape until 0.05s and then just let the speed stay constant at 35ms^-1? Did I do it wrong?
Reply 195
HELP! I plotted a point slightly off, and my gradient was wrong; Will I get ECF for the questions after that?
Reply 196
Original post by axi0m
what value did people get for the gradient after drawing the line of best fit?

I got 2.7. It's right because using that value, gave me g of 9.89 which is pretty accurate. But there will be range. I'm guessing 2 to 3?
Reply 197
For the last question in Section C, did you guys get 2.94 x 10^8 and uncertainty 0.3 x 10^8. Uncertainty has to be 1 sf.
Reply 198
Original post by VigneshSB
HELP! I plotted a point slightly off, and my gradient was wrong; Will I get ECF for the questions after that?

What was your gradient. Mine was 2.7 which is in the right range. The right answer will probably be allowed anything from 2 to 3.
Reply 199
This is the most dry thread ever. Just goes to show how much we're unlucky to be doing this ridiculous physics board.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending