The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 (7408/1) - 24th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 (7408/1) - 24th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 24th May, pm
Length: 2hr

Resources
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/as-and-a-level/physics-7407-7408
https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/sample-papers-and-mark-schemes/2021/november/AQA-74081-INS-NOV21.PDF
https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/physics-revision/a-level-aqa/
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjdyUZK8Nuk&t=385s (useful equations to know that aren't given in the exam apparently)
A-level Physics Study Group 2022-2023

Well done everyone!!
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
any tips?
This chat is drryyyyy. What are people doing after completing all the past papers?
Reply 3
anyone have any predictions?
Reply 4
Original post by JamesClark19
This chat is drryyyyy. What are people doing after completing all the past papers?

Completing?! I haven’t even started past papers yet 🤣🤣
Reply 5
Original post by Broimcool
anyone have any predictions?

There will probably be questions on tilting
Reply 6
none? damn man how far are you
Original post by Bo77 Tman
Completing?! I haven’t even started past papers yet 🤣🤣
Reply 7
There will probably be questions on tilting

tilting? like tilted at an angle? might be true tbh havent came across any questions like those much in the past few paper 1s
Reply 8
Did anyone else do last year’s paper 1? I really hope ours is as nice as it was :/
Reply 9
imma do that one soon but they had some topics removed + advanced info so im sure it won't be as good as it was
Original post by samrii
Did anyone else do last year’s paper 1? I really hope ours is as nice as it was :/
Original post by imfinshed.
imma do that one soon but they had some topics removed + advanced info so im sure it won't be as good as it was
We didn't get A-level topics removed last year I think (at least not for physics), just advanced information.
Reply 11
tilting? like tilted at an angle? might be true tbh havent came across any questions like those much in the past few paper 1s

Yeah like a bookshelf or wardrobe titled at an angle. Maybe a question about stability as well like the line of action of the centre of mass being inside or outside of the base.
Reply 12
none? damn man how far are you

Yeah I should probably start right? Exam is in 10 days. It’s okay though I’m pretty confident on all the content, I just need to do a few past papers and I’m all set.
Reply 13
im not familiar with that last part about inside and outside of base? would you mind sending some questions about that
Yeah like a bookshelf or wardrobe titled at an angle. Maybe a question about stability as well like the line of action of the centre of mass being inside or outside of the base.
Reply 14
Original post by Talkative Toad
We didn't get A-level topics removed last year I think (at least not for physics), just advanced information.

ahh mb

Spoiler

Reply 15
Yeah I should probably start right? Exam is in 10 days. It’s okay though I’m pretty confident on all the content, I just need to do a few past papers and I’m all set.

that was what i felt before doing the papers too lol but the markscheme and question wording can be such a b*tch so you ending up losing stupid marks :s-smilie:
Reply 16
im not familiar with that last part about inside and outside of base? would you mind sending some questions about that

Do you have the CGP guide?

it’s this stuff: 1A0B0355-DF66-4E8F-BE55-94D457169AB6.jpeg
Reply 17
Do you have the CGP guide?

it’s this stuff: 1A0B0355-DF66-4E8F-BE55-94D457169AB6.jpeg

ahh those type of questions, haven't seen that since early y12 so it disappeared outta my memory but imma check up on that later to refresh. They'll probably pair these questions with some centripedal forces too but they shouldn't be too difficult
Reply 18
anyone got useful tips or things to memorise? feel like it’s not gonna go well
Reply 19
ahh those type of questions, haven't seen that since early y12 so it disappeared outta my memory but imma check up on that later to refresh. They'll probably pair these questions with some centripedal forces too but they shouldn't be too difficult

Yeah it will either be with centripetal forces or moments, either way it’s not too difficult. Just don’t forget that it’s “the line of action” of the force and not just the force.

Latest

Trending

Trending