The Student Room Group

What would you get rid of in the 21st century?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amholcroft
How about MRI machines?

My examples did not include equipment which benefits our lives
Reply 21
Do you not think that Facebook, Twitter, websites like this etc. have benefits? I mean, communicating has become so much easier nowadays and it means we can keep in touch for free/inexpensively with relatives/friends even if they are on the other side of the world. I agree, if the privilege is abused then maybe they should be banned, but if they are used responsibly and how they were initially intended to be used then they are good for us?
Reply 22
Egocentrism, nationalism, national borders, people trafficking and social inequality.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iWtjHzGWeUw
Reply 23
Original post by amholcroft
Egocentrism, nationalism, national borders, people trafficking and social inequality.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iWtjHzGWeUw

I like the idea of getting rid of social inequality. It has become more and more noticeable as society has evolved.
Although it has existed in the past,the extent to which we have in current times further aided it is amazing.So for that reason I'll go with POVERTY :biggrin:
Original post by SpicyStrawberry
Justin Bieber.

In all seriousness though, I'd get rid of the incessant need for so much middle-management and bureaucracy. Also PCSOs, who do nothing and are a massive waste of public money.

They give the police force a cheaper presence on the street, less training, lower salary etc. They do make me feel safer when I'm out and about tbf
No one has said this? I guess you could write a lot about getting rid of religion...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 27
Ppl who speek lyk dis. u get me?
Greed.
Peejudice
Reply 30
Modern liberalism.
Reply 31
The current government
Reply 32
Original post by xouture
Okay, so I was just wondering what you would get rid of in the 21st century? I have to write a column for english discussing what I would get rid of and why :smile: I already have a few ideas in my head, I'm just interested to hear what you would write about. - A x

Interesting assignment. Makes me miss English.

Every person except Alex Turner (or equally perfect male I could bear a child with) and I. Perhaps also sparing a friend and her boyfriend so she doesn't distract Alex, and also a kind doctor and his wife. We could form a dream team and scour the entire Earth with nobody and nothing apart from possible natural disaster or contagious fatal disease standing in our way.

Failing that, Capitalism.
Twitter
Reply 34
Religion, or at least any influence it has on state affairs and scientific progress.
Reply 35
Original post by Decerto
Ppl who speek lyk dis. u get me?

I get ya bud

Posted from TSR Mobile
Religion
Reply 37
Original post by EllieAntWarrior
Why the hate for Big Bang?!
...the others I totally agree with!

big bang theory is absolutely awful. I can feel my IQ drop every time I have the displeasure of overhearing it.

BAZINGA

tumblr_mfrg4bPoTK1r76jb7o1_500.png

on topic: maybe political apathy and general ignorance, which is becoming an increasing problem, particularly among the youth of today :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Human rights.

Bare fun could happen without dat **** fam could rep 70 and the brum town badboys all the time.
The Monarchy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending