The Student Room Group

Official AQA AS Chemistry Unit 1 - 23Rd May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Lawful T.J
I put BCl4+ whatever it was xD

- Tom

i thought it was B but then i realised that the elctrons didn't add up, so i chose SiCl4 in which the elctrons added up
Reply 381
I put BCl4+ whatever it was xD

- Tom

Seems plausible, I put some random BK4-, which I know is wrong! But I couldn't leave it blank haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
how the hell did people work out the percentage purity for Zn though?! the word purity just put me completely off!
Original post by Tom_hess
Seems plausible, I put some random BK4-, which I know is wrong! But I couldn't leave it blank haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm! It was terrible. My friend got 90% for that purity question too... /: how? I was so confused! And why did you put for the aluminium compound? 1st, 2nd, 3rd ionisation etc?:smile:

- Tom
Reply 384
Purity question was just like percentage yield. HOW DID I NOT KNOW THAT :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 385
Good news is that this was harder than Jan 2012 (imo) - and on the ums converter below:

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums

We find that 59/70 converts to 90% UMS lol (62/70 converts to 95%, 65 converts to 100%) - so expecting boundaries somewhere near this I think we all did fine (relatively speaking).
Original post by hieuluu
Purity question was just like percentage yield. HOW DID I NOT KNOW THAT :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg GUTTED! :'(
Reply 387
Original post by jodie.irwin27
omg GUTTED! :'(

I'm so pissed off! I was confident to get like at least 85 ums, now 70. Surely that's not an A overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 388
Hmm! It was terrible. My friend got 90% for that purity question too... /: how? I was so confused! And why did you put for the aluminium compound? 1st, 2nd, 3rd ionisation etc?:smile:

- Tom

I put 2 as to get it to the 6s1 orbital? But the Xe confused me:s

Posted from TSR Mobile
i got 2nd IE for the multiple choice qs ?
Reply 390
I put BF4- for the similar one... Is that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hieuluu
I'm so pissed off! I was confident to get like at least 85 ums, now 70. Surely that's not an A overall

Posted from TSR Mobile

DAMN. 4 marks gone already.. i really hope i get an A Though..ah well can only hope now!
Original post by smileitsfree

Same. I put 3rd first then was like NO.

- Tom
Reply 393
WTH was the moles about... for the first one did you have to minus the mass of water as it asked for ANHYDROUS and the 2nd one can suck my balls
Reply 394
Original post by smileitsfree

Yeah I got that too since TL outer electron is in p1 orbital. Minus 2 electrons so it would be s1. 2nd inonisation energy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did y'all get x=7 for the anhydrous question
Reply 396
Same. I put 3rd first then was like NO.

- Tom

Haha same!!! XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amar96
WTH was the moles about... for the first one did you have to minus the mass of water as it asked for ANHYDROUS and the 2nd one can suck my balls

basically work out the empirical formula, so mass of ZnSO4 and mass of H20 - to work out the mass of ZnSO4 then you had to take away the anhydrous mass from the hydrous one?? something like that
Reply 398
Original post by jodie.irwin27
DAMN. 4 marks gone already.. i really hope i get an A Though..ah well can only hope now!

Grade boundary should be really low. Please please need an A :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 399
Unofficial mark scheme anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending