The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NsT3N12
Hey! When do unis start giving out interviews? And when do they get our UKCAT scores?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Universities get our UKCAT results in early November. Uni's then start processing our applications. Some give out interviews mid-late November, some give them out in December/January/February. Interviews are usually conducted between December and March
Original post by CVJP
If your college/sixth form is any good they'll take as long as they can. They've probably about 20 references to write for
Medicine alone, and god knows how many more for Oxbridge for other subjects. You've no reason to worry im sure :smile: and they've got to check your application thoroughly

I hope so, I just have a feeling they are taking too long on some applications and less time on others. Most of the oxbridge applications are sent and half of Medicine isn't :s
Hi,

I am 3rd year biomed predicted a 1st (or high 2:1). I got 2610 (652.5) in my ukcat - I am aware that this is not the best but UKCAT. I have decent work experience and extra-curricular stuff.

I really need some help as the deadline is quickly approaching. I need some help with choosing my fourth university. My choices:

1 - St Georges GEP
2 - Swansea GEP
3 - Keele 5 year (this because I know they're not too harsh with UKCAT
4 - I don't know (Sheffield, Leicester, Manchester???)

I don't know what my fourth option should be. I probably need it to be a university that's not too strict with UKCAT, but still uses it. I know I make the minimum requirement for Sheffield but I also know that it is very competitive. I'm not 100% sure about other unis. I know ukcat overall is lower this year, but does anyone have any suggestions about a fourth university I should apply to?

Somebody please help me out.

Thanking you guys in advance,

document35
hey any help is really appreciated!
With stats of 7A*s and 2As and AAAb at AS and a 670 ukcat am I more likely to get an interview at cardiff or liverpool??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zerefree
MY GOSHHH ME TOO! HIGH 55555555555! ITS LIKE WHEN I HEAR THE SOUND OF AN EMAIL ARRIVAL, I GET SO NERVOUS....

but then i get disappointed because the emails are either from facebook, twitter or TSR (sadddddd)

Loooool haha I guess its gonna be like this until the end of March :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5985
Original post by baner-2003
hey any help is really appreciated!
With stats of 7A*s and 2As and AAAb at AS and a 670 ukcat am I more likely to get an interview at cardiff or liverpool??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cardiff doesn't use the UKCAT for selection. It uses it for studies after it has finished selection. Liverpool does use it. Research on TSR or liver pools website what applicants are expected to have, often at least 2600, and see of you feel confident about that
Original post by CVJP
Cardiff doesn't use the UKCAT for selection. It uses it for studies after it has finished selection. Liverpool does use it. Research on TSR or liver pools website what applicants are expected to have, often at least 2600, and see of you feel confident about that

Liverpool doesn't require any admission tests
Original post by Clubba
Universities get our UKCAT results in early November. Uni's then start processing our applications. Some give out interviews mid-late November, some give them out in December/January/February. Interviews are usually conducted between December and March

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CVJP

I think that's sheffield and not liverpool - who don't use UKCAT or even require you to sit it
which is more competitive?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by baner-2003
which is more competitive?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seems like loads of people are applying for Liverpool this year, but they're both PS heavy unis so I'd see they're equally competitive IMO.
Original post by Nottie
Good luck :smile:. If you have any questions abt HYMS admission process or interview or anything abt Nottingham then feel free to ask

have u calculated your Nottingham pre-interview score?
Original post by Nottie
Good luck :smile:. If you have any questions abt HYMS admission process or interview or anything abt Nottingham then feel free to ask

Hi Nottie,

I am 3rd year biomed predicted a 1st (or high 2:1). I got 2610 (652.5) in my ukcat - I am aware that this is not the best but UKCAT. I have decent work experience and extra-curricular stuff.

I really need some help as the deadline is quickly approaching. I need some help with choosing my fourth university. My choices:

1 - St Georges GEP
2 - Swansea GEP

I don't know what my fourth option should be. I probably need it to be a university that's not too strict with UKCAT, but still uses it. I know I make the minimum requirement for Sheffield but I also know that it is very competitive. I'm not 100% sure about other unis. I know ukcat overall is lower this year, but does anyone have any suggestions about a fourth university I should apply to?

document35
Hi everyone, I'll be going back to UCL in 2015 to start again as I failed last year for health reasons and have had to take a year out :smile: If anyone wants any help with their UCL application I'd be happy to respond to any questions. I was interviewed early (before Christmas) and accepted my offer before I even had interviews with any other universities!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Millyshyn
Hi everyone, I'll be going back to UCL in 2015 to start again as I failed last year for health reasons and have had to take a year out :smile: If anyone wants any help with their UCL application I'd be happy to respond to any questions. I was interviewed early (before Christmas) and accepted my offer before I even had interviews with any other universities!

How was your BMAT? :smile: and when were you invited for interview?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by zerefree
How was your BMAT? :smile: and when were you invited for interview?

BMAT: 5.3, 6.2, 3A

I was invited for interview in the last week of November, don't precisely remember what day though :smile: From what I heard the early interviews were for people with exceptional personal statements!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by piamia15
have u calculated your Nottingham pre-interview score?

No. I didn't even knew there is such thing
Original post by document35
Hi Nottie,

1 - St Georges GEP
2 - Swansea GEP

document35

Maybe Dundee? I don't really know man, I applied to ukcat heavy ones
Hey,

I'm looking to apply to Lancaster for Medicine but I am only predicted AAB. What do you think my chances are with those predictions?:/
Original post by emilyhtchow
Hey,

I'm looking to apply to Lancaster for Medicine but I am only predicted AAB. What do you think my chances are with those predictions?:/

no chance :L
Original post by Jaska
no chance :L

Lol okay, do you know of any unis that don't particularly look at A2 predictions when selecting applicants?

Latest

Trending

Trending