The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by foreverstrong_97
You welcome :h: Yeah Im trying to get work experience now im just pure lazy haha :colondollar:

Haha I know it's hard. If you just manage to get a good week in then that'll be enough so keep trying :smile:
Original post by TheProblematique
Haha I know it's hard. If you just manage to get a good week in then that'll be enough so keep trying :smile:

Working in a hospice is open for me i just need confirm it but i wanted to do something in a hospital thats long term based :colondollar:
Working in a hospice is open for me i just need confirm it but i wanted to do something in a hospital thats long term based :colondollar:

Yeah I was going to do this mealtime volunteering thing in the hospital but I completely forgot about it and missed the deadline :colondollar: OH well..
Original post by TheProblematique
Yeah I was going to do this mealtime volunteering thing in the hospital but I completely forgot about it and missed the deadline :colondollar: OH well..

Oooh that sounded good haha :colondollar: Yeah a couple of my mates help round a shopping centre and then make food for the homeless etc.
I love volunteering! :biggrin: Currently I volunteer at a hospital (mealtime), our junior school and a charity shop. Hope to do a volunteering residential for my Gold DofE.
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm currently studying Biology, Chemistry, Maths, French (&General Studies, Critical thinking & General RE as extras) at AS and i'm thinking of dropping french next year, so i can focus more on bio, chem & maths.

however i want to apply to barts & i know they care a lot about UCAS points & dropping french means i would be losing points.

considering the fact that i would still have the points from general studies, critical thinking & RE, would it be alright for me to drop french or would i still be at a disadvantage?

(btw i'd still be doing General RE & General Studies)
Reply 1386
Original post by Nubian_Queen_97
I'm currently studying Biology, Chemistry, Maths, French (&General Studies, Critical thinking & General RE as extras) at AS and i'm thinking of dropping french next year, so i can focus more on bio, chem & maths.

however i want to apply to barts & i know they care a lot about UCAS points & dropping french means i would be losing points.

considering the fact that i would still have the points from general studies, critical thinking & RE, would it be alright for me to drop french or would i still be at a disadvantage?

As long as you have 4 subject grades at the end of your AS [and they're all above a B] then you would be fine to drop a subject at A2 and carry on with 3. I know a few people who have gotten interviews from Barts in A2, and I sort of fall into that category, so it doesn't hold you back too much, as long as you obtain good AS grades, and a good UKCAT score. Their website does say subjects like critical thinking/general studies are not accepted as AS/A2 subjects, but I don't think that means they won't consider the UCAS points you gain from doing them.
thanks, i double checked & they're okay about the ucas points in regards to GS & CT.
Reply 1388
hey guys anyone planning to apply to Nottingham? :smile:
Reply 1389
Original post by Nubian_Queen_97

I don't see why there would be any trouble with that :smile: I really would have a rethink about doing all the extra ones at A2 though, they don't get you any credit at most unis and you'll make up your UCAS points for brats without one of those extras. Don't put any more pressure on yourself then you need to next year !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Predicted GCSE
A* Biology
A* Chemistry
A Physics
A Maths
B English Language + Lit
A Geography
C Spanish
B ICT

Do I stand a chance?
Original post by TheRealTom
Predicted GCSE<br>
A* Biology<br>
A* Chemistry<br>
A Physics <br>
A Maths<br>
B English Language + Lit <br>
A Geography<br>
C Spanish<br>
B ICT<br>
<br>
Do I stand a chance?
<br>
Yes you do, try to get the best A-levels you possible can and apply tactically, look at the min requirements of specific universities.<br>
<br>
EDIT: Oh these are predicted GCSEs? Predicted GCSE are meaningless at this stage, work like mad over the Easter holidays and prove them wrong! My predicted GCSEs were very similar to yours then I finished with 7A* so its possible!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1392
Do I stand a chance with weak GCSEs of 8As and 2Bs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My GCSE's are probably the worst :colondollar:
2A*'s 3 A's and 4 B's
Reply 1394
Original post by f.loco
Do I stand a chance with weak GCSEs of 8As and 2Bs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

those arent weak. Just make sure you apply according to your strenght. I posted the link beneath
(edited 10 years ago)

The best article on TSR hand's down. Read it. Just also bear in mind that that's for 2014 entry I think some unis are changing admissions this year I think but that's a very good starting point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone else freaking out about exams? :/
Original post by Le.Bambi
Is anyone else freaking out about exams? :/

Yes very much I just feel like im gonna do so bad i cant do medicine :frown:
Yes very much I just feel like im gonna do so bad i cant do medicine :frown:

I am dreading not to get 95 UMS and miss a chance to apply to Cambridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending