The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey, where's everyone thinking of applying and what do you think will be you're 5th choice?

At the moment I'm thinking Keele, Cardiff, Plymouth and Leicester. And either Biomed at Warwick or Biological sciences at Leicester as my 5th choice...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1581
I think im gonna go for Leeds, Manchester, Hull-York, Leicester and then Optometry at Manchester. Still not sure about my fifth choice tbh
May as well peek in - I'm going to be going for grad entry :smile: Liverpool is a definite, but my other choices are likely to be Notts, Warwick and Newcastle.
Leeds Manchester Sheffield hull york pharmacy at bradford.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 10nasir
I think im gonna go for Leeds, Manchester, Hull-York, Leicester and then Optometry at Manchester. Still not sure about my fifth choice tbh

Cool - have you visited any yet? I'm going to the Leicester open day on June 14th :-)
I know this might be quite early but does anyone know when we're meant to start looking at getting the necessary vaccinations? Like I think the Hep B vaccines are a 6 month course? Don't know if you get them before or after you (hopefully) get an offer?
Reply 1586
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Cool - have you visited any yet? I'm going to the Leicester open day on June 14th :-)

Not yet but im going to the Manchester,leeds and hull york open evenings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know this might be quite early but does anyone know when we're meant to start looking at getting the necessary vaccinations? Like I think the Hep B vaccines are a 6 month course? Don't know if you get them before or after you (hopefully) get an offer?

I wouldn't worry about that stuff yet. When you get an offer, the medical school will send you information about what vaccines you need to have (at least Birmingham did!) along with forms for you to fill in about them, and I don't think it matters if you don't have time to complete the course of vaccines before the form has to be back. I won't have finished hep b by the 30th May!

If you did get vaccines like hep b now it wouldn't matter, but you'd probably have to go back to your gp surgery after you've got an offer to get the forms signed - and it might be a bit difficult to persuade them to give you vaccines if you can't say 'look, it says here on the form that I have to have it!'

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
any suggestions on what you guys found to be the most enjoyable and interesting departments to shadow doctors for work experience?
Any of you guys applying to Oxford or Cambridge Medicine? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1590

Depends on the uni! You can get an accelerated three month programme aswell so wait till you get an offer and youll be told some sort it through occupational health at the uni and some advise you get it done before if you can to save you hastle but dont worry about any of thay! :smile:

It's too early to think about that. I will be starting medical school in September and haven't yet been informed about my necessary vaccinations. You are rather eager! (that's good) :smile:
I just felt like.joining this thread
I really wanna do medicine but not quite convinced Ill.get the grades :/
Im a bit confused...they dont really accept medic applicants who have resat right? so if i mess up these AS exams im screwed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XXSimmyXX
I just felt like.joining this thread
I really wanna do medicine but not quite convinced Ill.get the grades :/
Im a bit confused...they dont really accept medic applicants who have resat right? so if i mess up these AS exams im screwed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi :smile:

I believe it depends on which university you will apply. Some universities accept resits as long as you did it in two years...

Which universities are you planning to apply for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tw15st3d
any suggestions on what you guys found to be the most enjoyable and interesting departments to shadow doctors for work experience?

I was given the respiratory department and had an amazing time! Got 2 days in A&E later in the year so will be interesting to see the contrast :smile:
Original post by frogs r everywhere
It's too early to think about that. I will be starting medical school in September and haven't yet been informed about my necessary vaccinations. You are rather eager! (that's good) :smile:

Thank you! Haha, yeah I know - I just like to make sure I know what I need to do when. Not being able to plan distresses me :P

Congrats on getting in! Where are you studying?
Original post by hl7495
Depends on the uni! You can get an accelerated three month programme aswell so wait till you get an offer and youll be told some sort it through occupational health at the uni and some advise you get it done before if you can to save you hastle but dont worry about any of thay! :smile:

Ok thank you very much!! At least that's one less thing to flap about :')
Thank you! Haha, yeah I know - I just like to make sure I know what I need to do when. Not being able to plan distresses me :P

Congrats on getting in! Where are you studying?

Haha!

Sheffield :smile:
Reply 1598
Ok thank you very much!! At least that's one less thing to flap about :')

Yeah dont worry theyll give you a list and its best to get what your specific uni wants so you are the same as everyone else :smile: i am currently recocering from my second heo b needle! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hl7495
Yeah dont worry theyll give you a list and its best to get what your specific uni wants so you are the same as everyone else :smile: i am currently recocering from my second heo b needle! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw, does it make you feel really ill? :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending