The Student Room Group

Ask a Pakistani ex muslim anything

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Theoneoranro
Yeah thanks.
A lot of people think muslims are like 'ill kill u' when they see an ex muslim but that's media fantasy.

yah it depends on how "open" you are, and your environment.

sadly some people arent as lucky, and bizarelly people think by shoving the religeon down your throat it`ll make you go back, but belief is a very personal thing :smile:
You can't convert from Muslim to another religion if both of your parents are Muslim but vice versa you can. sorry to disappoint you. There is nothing worng with being muslim and not to enjoy your self
Reply 62
Original post by nemoshish
You can't convert from Muslim to another religion if both of your parents are Muslim but vice versa you can. sorry to disappoint you. There is nothing worng with being muslim and not to enjoy your self

LOL okay
LOL can't be real

The meeting is only 3 or 4 people in a room sat in table describing stuff for mosques, and the others grumble and grunt when he drinks but he doesn't care, but I guess he might be joking.
Reply 64

lolled so hard at the social awkwardness
Reply 65
Original post by Pendulum3
The meeting is only 3 or 4 people in a room sat in table describing stuff for mosques, and the others grumble and grunt when he drinks but he doesn't care, but I guess he might be joking.

I want to be a leaf

Posted from TSR Mobile
I actually know of a few Muslims who drink Alcohol, in my dads old work place they used to drink Alcohol, also believe it or not crazy as it is, my good friend of mine says in his mosque his dad goes to meeting, and there is a scholar, wait for it no lie, who

Spoiler

in front of everyone, and he doesn't seem to care, crazy, how much I can trust this, he isn't the lying sort, but I think he might be having me on here.

Tbf, I do know Muslims who drink but they *tend* to be Arab Hmm that does sound rather suspect, in a mosque..
Original post by de_monies
Tbf, I do know Muslims who drink but they *tend* to be Arab Hmm that does sound rather suspect, in a mosque..

Well it's like a meeting room in a Mosque and yes I know a few who drink to, my fathers old work place was with a lot of Turks.
Well it's like a meeting room in a Mosque and yes I know a few who drink to, my fathers old work place was with a lot of Turks.

I've heard of stories about Turkish drinking :biggrin:
Original post by de_monies
I've heard of stories about Turkish drinking :biggrin:

Let me give you another true story, my friend has a brother, and his brother drinks and gambles, yet he goes to mosque every fridays and tells me Islamic stories about Sunnis and Shi'a etc lol.

Yes, us Turks like our drink. But its socially accepted and allowed in our culture so its fine lol
Original post by Ilovechocolate09
Yes, us Turks like our drink. But its socially accepted and allowed in our culture so its fine lol

I'm generally not one to generalise but may I ask are more Turks starting to drink, I also have heard stories of Turks eating pork etc, it would seem to me that Turkey is becoming a less religious country, I guess it's a Secular country but are these stories true?
Let me give you another true story, my friend has a brother, and his brother drinks and gambles, yet he goes to mosque every fridays and tells me Islamic stories about Sunnis and Shi'a etc lol.

Mind does not compute...
I'm generally not one to generalise but may I ask are more Turks starting to drink, I also have heard stories of Turks eating pork etc, it would seem to me that Turkey is becoming a less religious country, I guess it's a Secular country but are these stories true?

Not necessarily, more women like to have the odd drink I guess. But the older generations influence the younger generations to drink, so they do (which I don't particularly like). Personally, I don't know any Turk that eats pork. In turkey or north cyprus they never sell pork/ham etc products at all in supermarkets or restaurants mainly lamb and chicken really. Having said that, we are not supposed to eat pork gelatine but because its found in jelly sweets/jelly we (well I) eat them anyway, just not the actual meat. But pork gellatine-containing products are available in Britain, but they may not sell them in Turkey.

I think we have become less religious. I've never stepped into a Mosque, I don't know any Arabic/prayers and I don't wear a headscarf. But neither have 99% of Turks my age. We are brought up to follow our culture rather than the religion.

Hope that answers your questions! :smile:
What inspired you to make the 'rate ' thread:colone:
Reply 75
Original post by CasualSoul
What inspired you to make the 'rate ' thread:colone:

i'm bored
i'm bored

Fair enough lol :biggrin:

What would it take to make you go back to your religion/ some form of religion?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by CasualSoul
Faire enough lol :biggrin:

What would it take to make you go back to your religion/ some form of religion?

If there was actual proof somehow
Do you like to be referred to your nationality in an abbreviated way, like Brit for British, Scot for Scottish, Eng for English?
Reply 79
Original post by Snagprophet
Do you like to be referred to your nationality in an abbreviated way, like Brit for British, Scot for Scottish, Eng for English?

dont care

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending