Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

any mature students going to hull?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by lolly_lou
Hey. The foundation degree is at the hull campus, I can't wait to go (if I get in) but I have a back up plan.

Did you say you we're doing marketing? Is this something you're hoping to get into career wise? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya, Yes I am doing Marketing

It's something I hope to go into after uni. I just love everything about it from the psychology side to the creativity of advertising etc...

I was considering doing the creative writing degree also but I thought it would be a lot harder to get a job after graduation in that field!

What are you hoping to go onto with your degree?
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 21
Got a conditional offer for physics foundation, so its a maybe here, dependent on my exams results. (I'm 31.)
Reply 22
Hi!
I'm 29 & studying Criminology & Sociology (with foundation yr) hoping not 2 be the oldest on the course!!!:biggrin:
Reply 23
I'm 23 and studying Marine and Freshwater biology, with foundation year. Does anybody know how foundation years work? Will you just be with other foundation kids or people doing the same degree?

I only applied like a month ago but got accepted so its been super last minute. Visited Hull today and had a snoop around, when is everyone morning up/down?

I'm Lauren by the way.
I'm 39 with conditional for Adult Nursing x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
What's considered mature?
Reply 26
You might all be interested in this information: http://www2.hull.ac.uk/student/supportservices/mature.aspx
Over 21 I think xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28

Hey ill be studying psychology with the foundation degree :smile: I'm 20!xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not quite a mature student then but good luck lol xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll be 22 in august and doing physics foundation
Reply 31
Original post by Supa.awesome
I'll be 22 in august and doing physics foundation

I guess we will be studying together then.
Reply 32
Hey guys, I'm 23. I'll be starting the Foundation Year in Sept and then doing a Mechanical Engineering degree. I think everyone does core subjects in the first term and then you do subjects relating more to your degree in the second and third, according to my friend...

So glad I won't be the only none 18yr old on campus. Good luck to everyone and I hope you all enjoy it.
Reply 33
Just a reminder about the Mature Student Adviser:

You might all be interested in this information:
http://www2.hull.ac.uk/student/suppo...es/mature.aspx
Reply 34
22, doing the final year of my Law degree at Hull. It's my first year there though. :smile: It's definitely nice to know i won't be the only above 18 year old there. Any chance of me seeing any of you at the Lawns, then?
Reply 35
Original post by nemills1
Hi!
I'm 29 & studying Criminology & Sociology (with foundation yr) hoping not 2 be the oldest on the course!!!:biggrin:

Hi, I'm also studying this course and I'm 28!
Reply 36
Original post by Shaunna85
Hi, I'm also studying this course and I'm 28!

Ahhh, fab I won't be the only one! It's nice to speak to someone who is also on the course. Are you from Hull? Do you know anything about the course timetable? I'm from Scarborough so will be travelling through, just wish I knew more about it so I could get my child care sorted. :smile:
Reply 37
Ahhh, fab I won't be the only one! It's nice to speak to someone who is also on the course. Are you from Hull? Do you know anything about the course timetable? I'm from Scarborough so will be travelling through, just wish I knew more about it so I could get my child care sorted. :smile:

Course timetables are being worked on now - should be ready for the end of August.
Reply 38

Yeah I'm from Hull! I'm in the same boat as you, I also need to get child care sorted out so hope it's not to long before we find out times and things. I'm so pleased there is somebody the same age as me on the course!
Reply 39
Original post by Shaunna85
Yeah I'm from Hull! I'm in the same boat as you, I also need to get child care sorted out so hope it's not to long before we find out times and things. I'm so pleased there is somebody the same age as me on the course!

I know it's a big relief isn't it to know you are not going to be the golden oldie of the group! I had heard we might not find out our timetable until we get there, which would be a nightmare but hopefully the Uni said above it should be end of August. Fingers crossed! :smile: How old are your kids? Mine are 6,3 & 20mths, just my little one who I need to sort the most, the girls are at school. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest