The Student Room Group

Nursing

Are there any mature students considering leaving their career to pursue a nursing degree?
Me! I’m starting a mental health nursing degree in September
Reply 2
Original post by Tonilou04
Me! I’m starting a mental health nursing degree in September

Really? It’s so exciting but a bit scary at the same time giving up a stable income but it’s the one thing that I’m just so excited about. Which uni are you going to?
Original post by Louise2300

Really? It’s so exciting but a bit scary at the same time giving up a stable income but it’s the one thing that I’m just so excited about. Which uni are you going to?

Exactly. Definitely scary but so exciting! I’m dreading telling work as they have absolutely no idea I applied. I think in the back of my head I’d convinced myself I wouldn’t get in so didn’t want to tell anyone. I’m going to Sheffield Hallam. Where have you applied to?
Reply 4
I’ve applied for Children’s Nursing - I work in admin but have been really inspired by my own experience lately to go into nursing.
Reply 5
I’ve applied to Hallam and three others but I don’t have a science so might be a struggle. I do have a prior degree though. I know what you mean I haven’t said anything either! Need to secure a place first and then see. Have you any background in the field or is it a complete change like me?
Reply 6
Original post by Mabel93
I’ve applied for Children’s Nursing - I work in admin but have been really inspired by my own experience lately to go into nursing.

Exciting! Which uni?
Reply 7
Exciting! Which uni?

I’ve gone for York, Hull and Leeds as they’re nearby to me. I also have a prior degree in Biology which I am hoping is sufficient alongside my Bio and science A levels but they were a while ago, I was advised to apply anyway!
Reply 8
Original post by Mabel93
I’ve gone for York, Hull and Leeds as they’re nearby to me. I also have a prior degree in Biology which I am hoping is sufficient alongside my Bio and science A levels but they were a while ago, I was advised to apply anyway!

Fabulous I would say you’re definitely covered with those!
I’ve applied to Hallam and three others but I don’t have a science so might be a struggle. I do have a prior degree though. I know what you mean I haven’t said anything either! Need to secure a place first and then see. Have you any background in the field or is it a complete change like me?

Not really. I was a dental nurse before I had kids but then never went back to it and I’ve been a GP receptionist and dental receptionist now x
Reply 10
Original post by Tonilou04
Not really. I was a dental nurse before I had kids but then never went back to it and I’ve been a GP receptionist and dental receptionist now x

That’s good experience though have you got your place confirmed?
I have young children too so it’s a big change
Yes, I have confirmed Hallam as my firm choice. I’ve got 4 children, 3 of them are older than my youngest is 6 so I know exactly what you mean. It’s going to challenging for sure but we’ll figure it out x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending