The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Lectures

Hi,
I’ve applied as a mature student and I have children at home so I guess my main question is in computer science what days/times do lectures tend to be?
It will change year to year. Generally lectures can be scheduled anytime between 9am and 5pm on weekdays. The schedule is usually automatically generated by algorithm at the start of each year for most unis so it's uncommon for the schedules to look similar year on year.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
No problem, so when do you generally find out your timetable? Just wondering as obviously I need to sort childcare if I get accepted on the course, fingers crossed 🤞
Original post by Anonymous
No problem, so when do you generally find out your timetable? Just wondering as obviously I need to sort childcare if I get accepted on the course, fingers crossed 🤞

Again, varies between unis...generally most unis aim to get them finalised about ~3-4 weeks before the start of time, although there may be a provisional timetable available earlier than that. Some unis don't even get them finalised by the time term starts though...

Unfortunately this does make it quite difficult to plan in advance for the start of the academic year/term. You might need to just try and have some flexible plans in place for the first few weeks and finalise longer term plans nearer the time if possible (I can sympathise as I will have to be doing the same with train tickets for the upcoming academic year!).
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger
Again, varies between unis...generally most unis aim to get them finalised about ~3-4 weeks before the start of time, although there may be a provisional timetable available earlier than that. Some unis don't even get them finalised by the time term starts though...

Unfortunately this does make it quite difficult to plan in advance for the start of the academic year/term. You might need to just try and have some flexible plans in place for the first few weeks and finalise longer term plans nearer the time if possible (I can sympathise as I will have to be doing the same with train tickets for the upcoming academic year!).

Brilliant Thankyou, it’s Hull Uni I’m hoping to go to :-) and well I suppose I can ask further questions regarding all this if I actually get accepted 🤞

Quick Reply

Latest