The Student Room Group

AQA GEOG4A A2 14th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jade10128
Lol. What did you think of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe Hi Jade yeah I actually loved it. There was a lot on theory in this one, how about you, didn't like the radial diagrams too much though x
Reply 181
Original post by SimpleTom
It will be around 48-49 for an A*

Hopefully I got full UMS on Unit 3 so it takes the pressure off performing in this test.

Really need an A* in GEOG because I need AAA and my other two subjects I am not 100% sure I got A's in.

Thats exactly the same as me! And i am studying geography at uni
Reply 182
Original post by IbrahimKingx
Hehe Hi Jade yeah I actually loved it. There was a lot on theory in this one, how about you, didn't like the radial diagrams too much though x

I thought it was alright although wasnt expecting radial diagrams. Good paper overall may mean grade boundaries are high though :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
i did the gcse paper last week, it was cool. globalisation was easy and i defo got a solid A*. but am not doing geo in year 12, most likely
Original post by iPixelBlue
i did the gcse paper last week, it was cool. globalisation was easy and i defo got a solid A*. but am not doing geo in year 12, most likely

Wtf have you added to this thread, answer nothing.
Did anyone else find they finish pretty early? I finished with 15-20 minutes to go and never usually do so on these papers, so not sure what to think there! I didn't find it too bad once I got my head around the radial diagrams, though.
Original post by clonedmemories
Did anyone else find they finish pretty early? I finished with 15-20 minutes to go and never usually do so on these papers, so not sure what to think there! I didn't find it too bad once I got my head around the radial diagrams, though.

About half of my class finished within the first 40 minutes, oops!
Reply 187

I ran out of time ( but not really as I answered every question and used up 2 answer booklets). There was just so much I could say.
Reply 188
Original post by iPixelBlue

wrong thread...
Reply 189
Original post by awkwardusername

wow wtf! I had like 10 minutes left :/
Reply 190
Original post by Kimina
I ran out of time ( but not really as I answered every question and used up 2 answer booklets). There was just so much I could say.

wtfffffffffffffffffff!!! Why did u write so much - no offense but two answer booklets is ridiculous!
Reply 191
Original post by IbrahimKingx
Loved the paper, they were handing out marks on a silver AQA platter

Unfortunately that means high grade boundaries
Reply 192
Original post by Axion
wtfffffffffffffffffff!!! Why did u write so much - no offense but two answer booklets is ridiculous!

I know it's a talent but curse at the same time, I just feel like I have to go into so much detail to answer a question adequately. You should have seen how much I wrote for unit 3.
Original post by Kimina

Having lots to say is always good. I filled the whole space on the paper and another page on an answer booklet on one of the questions (I think it might have been number 4?)

Original post by awkwardusername

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one!

Out of curiosity, what were both your fieldworks about?
Reply 194
Original post by GT121
What was that all about, the first question was horrible!

The questions were sort of hmm at first but once I got my head around them they were okay.
Reply 195
Having lots to say is always good. I filled the whole space on the paper and another page on an answer booklet on one of the questions (I think it might have been number 4?)

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one!

Out of curiosity, what were both your fieldworks about?

The impact of skiing on the piste (the Alps)
Reply 196
there's a thin line between rambling and very concise :P

i filled up all the lines for each question but didnt use additional sheetsssssssssssss ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Original post by Kimina
The impact of skiing on the piste (the Alps)

Ooh, that's an interesting one! What kind of stuff did you look at in that? It's just completely different to all the other ones I've heard!
Reply 198
Ooh, that's an interesting one! What kind of stuff did you look at in that? It's just completely different to all the other ones I've heard!

There is definitely a lot to say about it. We looked at species diversity, windspeed, vegetation height, percentage vegetation cover and compared the on piste (actual ski slope) to the off piste, bit adjacent to it which is not actually skiied on.
Original post by Kimina
There is definitely a lot to say about it. We looked at species diversity, windspeed, vegetation height, percentage vegetation cover and compared the on piste (actual ski slope) to the off piste, bit adjacent to it which is not actually skiied on.

Sounds good. (Also the fact that you got to go to the Alps to do so. Jealous)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending