The Student Room Group

AQA GEOG4A A2 14th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
NEED STATISTICAL TECHNIQUES NOTES FOR MANN WHITNEY AND Spearman's Rank plz :P
Original post by skudder
Would you mind sending those to me also, please? :smile: Much Appreciated.

Original post by daisyrushforth
could you also send me them too? thanks xx:smile:

Sent :smile: good luck! x
Reply 82
Original post by awkwardusername
Sent :smile:

Me too please! :3
Reply 83
Sent :smile: good luck! x

can you please send me
thanks!!
Reply 84
Original post by onlymesarah
So at my school we're being forced to take this exam in our AS year and we've been 'taught' all the A2 skills in one loooonnng revision day, we were given some sheets.
Will someone please explain what is the usefulness of cartographic and logarithmic techniques?

Logarithmic - it can show a large scale in less space, so if you want to compare two data sets but one is much larger than the other, by using logarithms you can make the graph more compact and easy to interpret.
It's the notes I've made for Skills as a whole, and the only thing I've used for revising it! I've got an A and a B using only those so far, so they seem to work! :wink:
I studied rivers and how they change downstream, so I've got my fieldwork notes on that, obviously mine will differ to everyone elses but if your fieldwork was similar, things could be adapted!
I've also got the good/bad features of each type of map/graph etc, and simplified the statistical tests a lot!
It's all in really simple terms, but like I've said, it works for me :smile:

may I have them too please? :biggrin: Sorry you're getting bombarded!
It's the notes I've made for Skills as a whole, and the only thing I've used for revising it! I've got an A and a B using only those so far, so they seem to work! :wink:
I studied rivers and how they change downstream, so I've got my fieldwork notes on that, obviously mine will differ to everyone elses but if your fieldwork was similar, things could be adapted!
I've also got the good/bad features of each type of map/graph etc, and simplified the statistical tests a lot!

I also wouldn't mind a copy if possible please??
Anyone actually understand this exam? No idea what to revise and seriously screweeeed. Don't have any notes from teachers or anything.
Reply 88

could i have them too please:colondollar:, thaanks!! :biggrin:
Original post by meerajg
Hey for any of you doing rivers i did this question but i'm not sure how many marks i would get! its the first question from jan 13:

b) Explain why you choose this aim for your investigation? (8)
I choose this aim for my investigation as after studying the Bradshaw Model in class which states that discharge, occupied channel width, channel depth, average velocity etc all increase as you move downstream, I wanted to investigate whether the changes in the variables of occupied channel width and average velocity would increase as the river moved downstream for the River Noe, a tributary of the River Derwent which runs through Derbyshire. I choose this river to investigate as being situated only an hour’s drive from school it was ideal due to it being easily accessible and it being the winter months when daylight is limited therefore allowing us ample time to investigate each of the twelve sites and collate our data correctly. As the river is relatively compact and short in length (3km) it allowed us to study all courses of the river in enough detail to gauge a representative sample of the river's characteristics and how they changed whilst travelling downstream without rushing and putting ourselves in danger of falling into the river or slipping on the river banks therefore minimising any risks.

how many marks would I get? its out of 8. its such a hard question and my teachers on a trip so i cant ask them :s-smilie:
also don't think i wrote enough but that's all i could think of and the mark scheme is no help

Maybe 4 or 5 at most I am afraid.
Reply 90
[INDENT]I need serious help! I did a river investigation and one of hypothesis was depth increases further downstream. Sso we calculated the average depth at the 3 different sites. We presented out data using a line graph with the depth and width and it gave us a cross sectional area so we could compare the different depths. But how would we analyse this data and with what method!? We only had 3 results? The centre gave us more results on from other points along the river, including our ones. Could we use this?[/INDENT]

Reply 91

Could I possibly have a copy aswell please? getting towards cramming for sure :smile:
Reply 92
There's a 12 marker from jan 2012 - 'explain how secondary data were used, or could have been used, to develop your conclusions' - does anyone have any idea what you'd put in that? Some sort of general points? So confused!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
What the utter hell are radial diagrams?
Reply 94
We will be asked about a risk assessment?

Original post by Klaralpkbl
We will be asked about a risk assessment?

Wait one sec, let me get my crystal orb….
Reply 96
Original post by SimpleTom
Wait one sec, let me get my crystal orb….

What did the orb say :smile:?

Magic 8 ball says....
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 97
Original post by SimpleTom
Maybe 4 or 5 at most I am afraid.

what do you think i should improve on? write about?

Could you send me these too! Thank you :-)
Reply 99
Any chance you could forward me the booklet also?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending