The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Soncheese
My hand is in such pain atm :frown:

What did people get for the percentage increase?

And I think 99.9% did the membranes essay

I talked about thylakoids membranes, mitcondrial membranes and

Pre and post synaptic membranes

Not sure If I'm on the right topic there or not :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Well it just said membranes so you can talk about the molecular structure and embedded things in membranes (which is what I did) and/or the shape of membranes (e.g. roots but I didn't talk about that).
Reply 21
I wrote about membrane bound organelles in my plan but not my essay. Will I get anything for that? :tongue:
Original post by currydud
how do scientists get their hypothesis by checking plants in hot climate?

Lol I had no idea on that one! I just scribbled something stupid and then moved onto the essay :biggrin:
Reply 23
Original post by Maid Marian
My hand is actually shaking ... owww:redface:

I got 4.89%

And I wrote about those things too :smile:

I got that but I put it to 104.something % I knew it's obv a 4 percent increase but would saying 104% be okay

Would I get the marks :O

Did anyone not realise the scale was different for each cell on the Q where you had to describe changes in the root cell. I did with like a second to go , doh :/
Original post by marleyxd
Did anyone else write about mitochodrial membranes and thlakoid membranes in the membrane essay?

See I didn't for the soul reason I panicked and suddenly thought, the question said cell membranes, and I wasn't sure whether I would be allowed to include organelle membranes :/ However in my brief conclusion I did mention how organelle membranes are also important, just to let them know if they had wanted me to include them I could have, but that I didn't think that was what the question was asking... but then again who knows what the question is in biology!
Reply 26
Lol I had no idea on that one! I just scribbled something stupid and then moved onto the essay :biggrin:

I wrote had same conditions as ones in their environment and some other blabble.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
I hypothesise that aqa are a bunch of *****.
My hand is actually shaking ... owww:redface:

I got 4.89%

And I wrote about those things too :smile:

I got 4.89% ALSO
Reply 29
Original post by mulac1
'How do the data support the hypothesis that aqa are a bunch of w*nkers'

Yeah, what did people put for this? I said that the scientists would analyse past experiments and improve their method. I also put that scientists would need to understand the effect of Rubisco with respect to thylakoid membranes, and the resultant effect on the rate of photosynthesis. I have a feeling I am barking up the wrong tree here though.

Overall I thought the paper was much better than it could have been! I did the June 2011 past paper this morning and it was awful!
Reply 30
The functions of cell surface membranes

Spoiler

The structure and importance of the plasma membranes that are found within and
around cells.

Spoiler

Here are 2 essays similar to ours.
My hand hurts so much after that, I better have performed well on that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pinkfairyarmadillo
Did anyone not realise the scale was different for each cell on the Q where you had to describe changes in the root cell. I did with like a second to go , doh :/

Seriously?! Oh damn, I was sitting there with 40 minutes left at the end and nothing to do, obviously didn't check thorough enough
Reply 33
this was the hardest paper I have tried on this unit by far! So many "how does the data support this conclusion" questions, and having to write about graphs which were on different pages!!! grrrr
They'll allow 4.9% as opposed to 4.89% surely won't they?
Original post by Soncheese
I got that but I put it to 104.something % I knew it's obv a 4 percent increase but would saying 104% be okay

Would I get the marks :O

I'm not sure about that sorry :s-smilie::redface:

Original post by HELPIMSTUCK
I got 4.89% ALSO

Yaaay:smile:
Reply 36
Original post by aWildPidgey
They'll allow 4.9% as opposed to 4.89% surely won't they?

Yep
Reply 37
Original post by pilotjack
Yeah, what did people put for this? I said that the scientists would analyse past experiments and improve their method. I also put that scientists would need to understand the effect of Rubisco with respect to thylakoid membranes, and the resultant effect on the rate of photosynthesis. I have a feeling I am barking up the wrong tree here though.

Overall I thought the paper was much better than it could have been! I did the June 2011 past paper this morning and it was awful!

I agree! It was much better than june 11 but harder than 12! But i did notice that there was a lack of knowledge needed :| A lot of stupid graphs! :|
Reply 38
I don't exactly know how I found this exam. The amount of actual biology that we have learnt to apply hardly came up. It was more how science works questions, applying what they told you in the initial question to answer subparts of the question. I didn't know what the mark scheme would accept for most of the answers! For me, I thought it was quite a hard paper.
Reply 39
Original post by marleyxd
Did anyone else write about mitochodrial membranes and thlakoid membranes in the membrane essay?

I did :smile: as well as oxidative phosphorylation I also wrote about cAMP secondary messenger, resting potential, diffusion of neurotransmitters across the synapse, muscle contraction and the effects of Cholera on sodium-glucose co transport.

Latest

Trending

Trending