i said sanger sequencing then gel electrophoresis

Woop! I said this too! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by Soncheese
What did people put for the definition of codon

It was 2 marks?!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quite simply what 'sahjan' said, 3 adjacent nucleotides which code for an amino acid.
Reply 62
Original post by Silmirel
i said sanger sequencing then gel electrophoresis

i put gel electrophoresis but didn't mention the sanger method :/
WildPidgey - I hope so because I only put it to one dp too!!!!!!

I don't think they will allow 104.89% increase as that would imply that it more than doubled.......

The cell scale.... Do you mean that each cell got longer? If so, yep I did, just as I was about to move off the question!!! *phew*

I did 10b. Talke about trophic levels, saprobionts recycling nutrients, horizontal transmission between bacterium, nitrifying bacterium in mututalistic relationship with plants, succession and ecological niches, and humans preventing succession, mating behaviours, plants having reliance on pollinators and animals to disperse seeds, and parasites good/bad. Oh and about how viruses could take over a cell to manufacture more viruses. :smile:

Fingers crossed!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by aWildPidgey
Three base sequence/triplet 1

on mRNA 1

Possibly this

I put a single polynucleotide strand with 3 bases (triplet)

mRNA is a single polynucleotide strand would that be okay?!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Silmirel
It was??? oh my gosh :frown: :frown: :frown:
messed up that whole question then. i thought it was 2 micrometres for each?

Are you sure? I double checked the scale and i'm sure it was 2 for each?
Reply 66
Original post by EmilyBoorman
Am I the only one who did the relationship and interaction essay? Haha? I wrote about energy transfers and predation, competition which lead on to natural selection and relationship to a common ansestor, then I wrote about symbiosis, bacteria in the nitrogen cycle interacting with plants, bacteria in DNA science interacting with human and other organisms DNA, then wrote about the indirect and direct affects humans have n environment like hunting, global warming and eutrophication :smile: Do you think that's ok?

Loll you'll probably get 25 marks cos the examiner will be bored ****less reading all the cell membrane essays
Original post by James A
Why restriction mapping? Isnt it sanger method followed by gel electrophoresis to determine the order of the sequence

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea. :redface:
The amount of How Science Works stuff in this was ridiculous, it was like doing an ISA again
Original post by Sam1357
Loll you'll probably get 25 marks cos the examiner will be bored ****less reading all the cell membrane essays

That is very good. I like your logic:smile:
Original post by James A
Why restriction mapping? Isnt it sanger method followed by gel electrophoresis to determine the order of the sequence

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey James,
doesn't the sanger method cover gel electrophoresis. In the CGP book it says two ways to determine genes, one is restriction mapping and the other is sanger.
Reply 71
DNA- base triplet
mRNA - codon
tRNA - anti codon

thats what I was taught :/ but can a dna base triplet be referred to as a codon :/ cos I answered that question in the context of mRNA
Original post by EmilyBoorman
Are you sure? I double checked the scale and i'm sure it was 2 for each?

It was, whoever said it wasn't is wrong
Reply 73
Haha, I said sanger sequencing, gel electrophoresis and also restriction mapping :/
Reply 74
Original post by LittleRit

I did 10b. Talke about trophic levels, saprobionts recycling nutrients, horizontal transmission between bacterium, nitrifying bacterium in mututalistic relationship with plants, succession and ecological niches, and humans preventing succession, mating behaviours, plants having reliance on pollinators and animals to disperse seeds, and parasites good/bad. Oh and about how viruses could take over a cell to manufacture more viruses. :smile:

Fingers crossed!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you mention so much?! :redface: I only mentioned about 4 topics at most :frown: I was told 40 mins to leave at the end of the exam to do the essay, and I just couldn't find the time to write about everything else I knew D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
for the membrane esay i talked about
structure of membrane - phospholipid bilayer
protiens in the membrane - channel carrier and hot this is important in resting potential
talked about receptors on cell membranes- in synapses and talked about antigens being presented on cell membrane briefly
talked about uptake in root hair cells
talked about diffusion on c02 and 02 across alveoli and 02 into the red blood cells - then a bit on hemoglobin - of tangent
and then respiration - mitochondrial membranes

is this relevantt??
Reply 76
Original post by David Tennant
Hey James,
doesn't the sanger method cover gel electrophoresis. In the CGP book it says two ways to determine genes, one is restriction mapping and the other is sanger.

yeah thats what I thought - I just put DNA sequencing via the sanger method
That paper was soo hard i feel like crying. Like each question wasn't that difficult but collectively it was just awful. I know I screwed up the essay too. Everyone I've spoken to seems to think it was alright whereas I just think it was terrible :frown:
Reply 78
Original post by aWildPidgey
It was, whoever said it wasn't is wrong

what did you put for the 3 differences i put nucleus gets smaller, vacuole gets bigger and morestarch grains??
Original post by Sam1357

Haha I hope so :wink::smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending