The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

anyone studying/studied economics at postgraduate level?

Hi everyone,

I'm a french student who's been accepted to the MSc Economics for 2013/2014 year at Birmingham. I wanted to have some feedback of students who have already studied this program. Indeed, I'm also accepted to other unis and need to make a choice by now. Any comments on past experience would be helpful.

Also, about Birmingham's raking, it's ranked 9 on the Guardian but only 18 on the complete university guide (concerning economics). Anyone knows the difference between the two and which is the most reliable?

Thank you in advance.
Reply 1
The Guardian league table uses the following measures, but it is uncertain how they are weighted: Student satisfaction, teaching quality score, feedback score, staff-student ratio, spend per student, entry standards, value-added score and graduate prospects.

The Complete university guide league table uses four measures weighted equally: Student satisfaction, research assessment, entry standards and graduate prospects.

I don't think either can be put down as more "reliable". You can only judge them based on what they're actually measuring compared to what you feel is important.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending