The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
At my school we have two A Level Physics teachers. One of them is really excellent, and he did the coursework and ray diagrams with us. The other guy is really dreadful but unfortunately he did the rest of astrophysics and nuclear instability with us. The paper today didn't even have ray diagrams on it, and every topic seemed to expose the gaps in his notes. I did try to find other notes on the astrophysics option, and all I could find was Antonine Education, which for the most part was great, but for example didn't go into CCD's in the depth the exam wanted today. :frown:

So yeah, I'm feeling pretty frustrated about that paper because it looked like it would've been simple for most people. But this wasn't a module where you could buy a revision guide and have everything you need infront of you (why do all the revision guides seem to ignore the options?). I got 29/30 in the coursework which eases things up just a little bit, but I think I'll have to do a bit of making up for this unit in the synoptic paper next week!
Reply 21
I am not sure about that description of the wave with P and Q in it. I calculated the phase difference between as being 2pi/3...but for the description I wasn't sure. The question said something about P being moved with SHM...so that made me think that vertically P moves with SHM (hence I described all that) but horizontally it moved with constant velocity (as in a progressive wave).

Does this sound right or have I misread the question?
Reply 22
I think the question siad something like "P is moved up and down with SHM...describe its motion and state the differences between P and Q".

Why would they mention the word SHM unless it had something to do with the motion of P?
Reply 23
rustynator
I am not sure about that description of the wave with P and Q in it. I calculated the phase difference between as being 2pi/3...but for the description I wasn't sure. The question said something about P being moved with SHM...so that made me think that vertically P moves with SHM (hence I described all that) but horizontally it moved with constant velocity (as in a progressive wave).

Does this sound right or have I misread the question?

Lol i got 2pi/3 aswell hope its right any way i hated that bastard question
Reply 24
Good good but the 2pi/3 bit isnt the issue as that will probs only get 1-2/5 marks for the question. Anyone else have a suggestion for the answer to the question?

Latest