The Student Room Group

Unit 11 Cybersecurity Scenario?

Hello guys has anyone sat the cyber security exam yet? if you have what is the scenario based on so I can prepare?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Morataaaaa
How was the exam? What parts were really hard

Hi I havent done the exam yet I have activity 1 tommorow and next week the other activities will let you know tommorow.
Original post by Armaan247
Hi I haven't done the exam yet I have activity 1 tomorrow and next week the other activities will let you know tomorrow.

Hey can you help me with the scenario as i have the exam on Tuesday and I am really stressed about it.
Thank you in advance
Hi I havent done the exam yet I have activity 1 tommorow and next week the other activities will let you know tommorow.

Hi can you let me know what was the scenario about and what were the threats there as i have my exam next week and im really stressed about
Original post by Omar Khamaiseh
Hey can you help me with the scenario as i have the exam on Tuesday and I am really stressed about it.
Thank you in advance

Hey Omar I can finally tell you what the scenario is about. Its a scenario based on a hotel and its called Hotela Ceno and the you can identify basically all the threats. The network diagram is so easy has servers, routers, switches, guest and public WIFI also. Good luck with your exam all the best!.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Shary1144
Hi can you let me know what was the scenario about and what were the threats there as i have my exam next week and im really stressed about

Hello Shary I can finally let you know what the scenario is. The scenario is based on a hotel called Hotela Ceno. My teacher has told me you can mention any threats in exam its really easy. The network diagram mentions servers, switches, routers and public and guest WIFI. I will list you all the threats that you can mention for the exam and hope this helps. Do you have set tasks on different days?

1) Attack via WIFI
2) Attack via remote access
3) Misconfigured Firewall
4) Attack via client information
5) Weak encryption via VPN
6) Misconfigured access rights
7) Attack via breaking and entering
8) Misconfigured switches as there is two switches
9) Attack via the servers
10) Weak password policy as the scenario doesn't introduce a password policy
11) Leaked client information
12) Sabotage
13) Network Access via mobile devices

I hope this helps? Good luck for your exams!
Reply 6
Hey Omar I can finally tell you what the scenario is about. Its a scenario based on a hotel and its called Hotela Ceno and the you can identify basically all the threats. The network diagram is so easy has servers, routers, switches, guest and public WIFI also. Good luck with your exam all the best!.

Armaan have u done part B? I done Part b today it was so difficult for me. What did u put as the incident?
Thanks armaan wish you best of luck for part b. What was the network managers name if you recall? And how did you find activity 3 what did you specifically mention as that activity is always hard for me

Thank you Morta you too all the best for part B. So for me my exams are split into different set tasks on different days. So today I had activity 1, Monday activity 2, Wednesday activity 3 Thursday activity 4 and Friday activity 5. The network managers name was called Regenta Virinio. I havent done activity 3 yet how did you find it? The way I will revise activity 3 is by looking at a examiner answer for the other scenario and help files my teacher has gave. There was one file where someone put keeping the servers secure keeping the rooms secure and then explained and gave alternatives I think this will be okay. Or option 2 is you list your protection measures you have for activity 2 and write a alternative.

I think I might know you lol are you friends with someone called Aaman?
Also was there anything specific about the network diagram that meant there were threats

There were quite a few things you can mention specific to the network for threats you can talk about eg attack via the network, attack via the servers misconfigured main switch etc and if its you cant mention the threat you can still mention it if that makes sense.

The threats I have mentioned were:

1) Attack via WIFI
12) Sabotage
Original post by Zentor
Armaan have u done part B? I done Part b today it was so difficult for me. What did u put as the incident?

Hi how are your exam days set? I am doing one activity per day for my set tasks. So I havent done part B yet I will be doing that on Thursday activity 4 and Friday I will have activity 5 for part B. Howcome it was difficult? is there anything I should be aware of? were the figures easy to understand? I heard from my teachers that activitys 4 and 5 are the easiest. Basically tip for scenario B activity 4 is that they give you the answers for each forensic evidence and they want you to re write everything in your own words eg method acquiring evidence evidence detail you can use the information in the scenario. Activity 5 is suggestions and improvements of the mistakes that were made within the organisation.
Hello Shary I can finally let you know what the scenario is. The scenario is based on a hotel called Hotela Ceno. My teacher has told me you can mention any threats in exam its really easy. The network diagram mentions servers, switches, routers and public and guest WIFI. I will list you all the threats that you can mention for the exam and hope this helps. Do you have set tasks on different days?

1) Attack via WIFI
12) Sabotage

I hope this helps? Good luck for your exams!

Yh it does thanks, do anyone know about unit 1?
Yh it does thanks, do anyone know about unit 1?

Unit 1 for last year or do you mean more about unit 11?
Both if possible
Both if possible

What do you need exactly for unit 1? Do you want me to explain the other tasks for unit 11 if that helps?
For unit 1 if u know whats coming up and for unit 11 yes the tasks that are coming
For unit 1 if u know whats coming up and for unit 11 yes the tasks that are coming

Oh wait your doing unit 1 this year? Are you doing ectended diploma year 2? Unit 1 is information technology systems so networking, operating systems, hardware and software, input and output devices, components of the COU, storage devices, operating systems, legilation and many more units. Unit 11 is internal and external threats to data, physical threats, networking etc.,
yh im doing unit 1 this year yh im doing year 2 thats y i was asking for the questions of unit 11 or unit 1
yh im doing unit 1 this year yh im doing year 2 thats y i was asking for the questions of unit 11 or unit 1

Oh I see I was confused because when I did my BTEC I did unit 1 last year and unit 11 this year thats why I was confused. I thougnt you would have had unit 11 and unit 14 this year.
oh i see can u tell me whats the sceanrio for unit 11 snd few answerw if possible
oh i see can u tell me whats the sceanrio for unit 11 snd few answerw if possible

When is your unit 11 exam? The scenario is based on a hotel. I have already done activity 1 it's so easy you can identify all the threats mentioned which is really good. The threats I've mentioned u can use in any given scenario especially this one

1) misconfigured firewall
2) attack via WiFi
3) attack via client information
4) attack via remote access
5) weak encryption via VPN
6) Misconfigured SSID
7) misconfigured access rights
8) misconfigured back up systems
9) attack via servers
10) misconfigured main switches
11) Network access by mobile devices
12) attack via breaking and entering