The Student Room Group

NHS Scientist Training Programme (STP) 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Miracle needed here too... almost sure that I failed the test... probably because, as some are saying, its adaptive... I did well in first 3 and then the thunder struck!!! # i had no clue that this year the tests will be so different from the last few years... may be i missed the instruction, good luck to rest of you!
Reply 181
Original post by Sades93
Hi guys,

I just completed the online tests.. I am 99% certain I have failed the numeracy one as it timed out on numerous questions before I had time to select the correct answer. Really gutted as I've spent 2 weeks prioritising the application over my diss work and now it may not even be looked at :frown:.
I was going in for biochem and reproductive science.. currently in my final year doing a biochem degree..

Oh well fingers crossed for a miracle!
Goodluck to anyone yet to complete them- if theres one thing I'd advise its to stay calm!

Likewise. But now it's done, so all we can do is hope.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 182
Just did the numerical test.. Time just seemed to disappear! haha..
Also feeling a little nervous after doing the tests.. :frown:
Anybody out there applying for the clinical biochem and/or haematology and transfusion science?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 183
yeah so that was hell! need a miracle. Does anyone know when we hear back? sorry if its been asked before.
Reply 184
Original post by liamog71
yeah so that was hell! need a miracle. Does anyone know when we hear back? sorry if its been asked before.

Hopefully within the next week or so :smile: I think someone mentioned the short-listing stage will begin on the 10th of Feb..
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 185
Original post by Jcastro
Anybody out there applying for the clinical biochem and/or haematology and transfusion science?

Ah true, the tests were horrible! I've applied for Biochemistry too :biggrin:
I contacted NHSCS recruitment team asking when we should hear and if fail do we hear instantly, they just said:

Once the application form is complete and on submission, applicants will then be directed to a link with instructions to complete the online aptitude tests. Applicants will complete a numerical and logical reasoning test. On completion of these tests please ensure that against each test it states “completed”. Applicants can then choose to log out of the system.
If applicants score within the required threshold for the programme their application will be put forward to shortlisting.

You will not receive any confirmation it will clearly say on the screen your application has been submitted.

Applicants complete a series of questions and aptitude tests that ascertain their suitability for the programme to ensure they fulfil the minimum criteria for the training programme.

Please just wait to see what happens if your application is unsuccessful you will get a rejection email and if it’s successful you will get an email that you have made it to the next stage.

They just used information from application guidance PDF available. Not most helpful unfortunately but least it is from people in charge of it won't get any extra information I doubt :/ So just the waiting game must find out by end of this week though as shortlisting starts next week.
Reply 187
Original post by 2468
Ah true, the tests were horrible! I've applied for Biochemistry too :biggrin:

Awesome! Best of luck with your application :smile: x
Original post by Jcastro

Hello! I'm in for the same two as you. What work XP have you got?
Reply 189
Original post by cowleya
Hello! I'm in for the same two as you. What work XP have you got?

I haven't really got any, which is another worry, aha.. How about you?
I did the tests today and the numerical one was absolute hell! I was pleased with the logic one, and think I did ok. But feeling very disappointed about the numerical one :frown:
I've applied for Audiology and Neurophysiology.

Oh well, there's always next year!
Original post by Jcastro
I haven't really got any, which is another worry, aha.. How about you?

Two days work experience in my local hospital path dept. is about it tbh.
Reply 192
Hi everyone, it's a relief to finally have the application and tests out the way but I'm quite nervous about how long we have to wait before we hear back.. Has anyone applied for Medical Physics? Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 193
Just seen a tweet from the nshcs - over 8000 applications! Good luck everyone, sounds like we'll need it!
Original post by louise0
Hi everyone, it's a relief to finally have the application and tests out the way but I'm quite nervous about how long we have to wait before we hear back.. Has anyone applied for Medical Physics? Good luck everyone :smile:

I applied for Medical Physics. Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 195
Original post by eweb
Just seen a tweet from the nshcs - over 8000 applications! Good luck everyone, sounds like we'll need it!

8000?! :eek: That just makes me feel worse. Good luck to you too!!
Reply 196
Original post by 2468
8000?! :eek: That just makes me feel worse. Good luck to you too!!

Sorry! I certainly didn't mean to make anyone feel worse! Just thought people would like to know. Stay positive - someone has to fill each place and there's no reason you shouldn't be one of the lucky ones :-)

Thank you! What are you applying for? I've applied for reproductive science :-)
Reply 197
Original post by lulacheshirecat
I did the tests today and the numerical one was absolute hell! I was pleased with the logic one, and think I did ok. But feeling very disappointed about the numerical one :frown:
I've applied for Audiology and Neurophysiology.

Oh well, there's always next year!

I'm applying for audiology and neurophysiology too! I found the numerical test absolutely awful! Logical was ok. I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Looks like i'll be applying again next year!
Reply 198
my tests didn't say 'completed' next to them but there was no longer the option to take the test.. did anyone else have this?
Original post by wacissej
my tests didn't say 'completed' next to them but there was no longer the option to take the test.. did anyone else have this?

You might want to contact someone about that. On the application guidelines it states that you should ensure that the tests say 'Completed' next to them.

It's probably fine though, given that you could no longer sit them. Fingers crossed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending