The Biology AS-level Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Original post by Chloebreenb
Anyone doing the new eduqas biology please i cant find any threads

I am :frown:
Original post by yusir
I am :frown:

can you help me i have no idea how to answer the questions in the 'applied' way they want us too... i have averaged a U on the mocks I've done so far:/
Reply 1162
can you help me i have no idea how to answer the questions in the 'applied' way they want us too... i have averaged a U on the mocks I've done so far:/

I'm not quite sure myself to be honest. We don't have past papers to go on and teachers haven't marked this new specification yet so we're limited with resources. Just make sure you understand the content well and practice the application questions from old past papers. Also, make sure to read the questions well cause if you don't, you'll miss out on important stuff
Original post by yusir
I'm not quite sure myself to be honest. We don't have past papers to go on and teachers haven't marked this new specification yet so we're limited with resources. Just make sure you understand the content well and practice the application questions from old past papers. Also, make sure to read the questions well cause if you don't, you'll miss out on important stuff

There are no past papers tho that's what's so annoying:/
Reply 1164
There are no past papers tho that's what's so annoying:/

Yeah I know. So we only really have 2 specimen papers each for Unit 1 and 2 as well as the old spec past papers.
Original post by yusir
Yeah I know. So we only really have 2 specimen papers each for Unit 1 and 2 as well as the old spec past papers.

where are you finding the specimen papers?
Anyone finished revising the entire syllabus? Currently working my way through biodiversity wuhu
Is anyone doing OCR A new course😭😭😭the maths is horrendous
Original post by Loody Nagy
I got a question...
The elastic fibres (in the aorta) stretch so that they can accommodate the greater volume of blood without being damaged. Between surges, these elastic fibres return to their original length, thus squeezing the blood and moving it in a continuous flow. This is known as elastic recoil.Alright, but does this elastic recoil raise or lower the blood pressure? If not, does it have any other role other than allowing the blood to move in a continuous flow?

I'm pretty sure it maintains blood pressure
Original post by rosemondtan
Anyone finished revising the entire syllabus? Currently working my way through biodiversity wuhu

ive not even looked at unit two yet, still have nucleic acids and cell division to learn from unit 1
Anyone find the specimen papers quite deceptively easy?
Original post by halliethestudent
ive not even looked at unit two yet, still have nucleic acids and cell division to learn from unit 1

Press on!! Unit 1 is much tougher than unit 2 so you should be fine :smile:
Original post by rosemondtan
Press on!! Unit 1 is much tougher than unit 2 so you should be fine :smile:

i FINISHED IT now just doing past papers
But I'm confused as to how the thrombus is formed? Like why would a blood clot form in the blood vessel

A thrombosis is when an atheroma breaks through the endothelium of the blood vessel, causing it to form a rough surface which interrupts the blood flow.
But I'm confused as to how the thrombus is formed? Like why would a blood clot form in the blood vessel?
I know that for atherosclerosis, a damage to the endothelial of the blood vessel leads to an inflammatory response caused the WBCs to travel to the site of damage. The WBCs also cause the accumulation of cholesterol which builds up forming a fatty deposit known as the atheroma. Fibrous tissues and calcium salts then accumulate on the atheroma leading it to form a hardened plaque.

What about thrombosis? How does it take place?

When the atheroma penetrates the endothelium lining it results in internal blood clotting and that is thrombosis.
Hey guys, does anyone have access to the A level set 2 spec papers for bio?
You can find it on the eduqas website I think
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Not_a_horse
Hey guys, does anyone have access to the A level set 2 spec papers for bio?

Search eduqas biology specimen papers and click on the first link. Scroll down on the page and it should be there :smile:
Can anyone remember some of the AQA questions from today?! Please
Hi everyone

Does anyone have any advice on how to get an A in the new ocr biology?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending