The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What colour bow tie would go with a navy suit with faint lines and white shirt?
What do you think is the best coloured suits for sixth form? I was wondering to go for a black, navy etc.
Reply 3982
Okay so I got to university in September and I am planning on buying a completely new wardrobe. What would the list of essentials be, and how much of each should I buy? Medium price would be great, as I would rather pay a little extra for good quality instead of cheap stuff that will fall apart after a few washes. Cheers
Original post by What a Tragedy
What do you think is the best coloured suits for sixth form? I was wondering to go for a black, navy etc.

Navy and grey. Not black.
Original post by LTG
Okay so I got to university in September and I am planning on buying a completely new wardrobe. What would the list of essentials be, and how much of each should I buy? Medium price would be great, as I would rather pay a little extra for good quality instead of cheap stuff that will fall apart after a few washes. Cheers

http://www.fashionbeans.com/2013/the-ultimate-streamlined-capsule-wardrobe/
Reply 3985
Original post by Chrsi
Thanks yeah I want something in similar thickness. I'm going to Hawaii next week so I'm wondering if I could pick some of these items there cheaper.. not really sure where apart from maybe J Crew and Banana Republic.

Yeah the sweater on the website for #1 looks thicker than the standard merino wool sweaters that they do on uniqlo.

I haven't actually, good idea! I had kinda fallen out of love for physically walking around shops and looking for stuff. Mostly used the hell out of my ASOS premier :colone:

Me too! Like I said before I considered some nudie jeans.. maybe in tight long john fit? I'm not too sure! They're pretty pricy though sadly

Mine from Uniqlo isn't Merino wool, just bog standard wool (I have no idea what sort specifically :tongue: ) so it's about the same thickness as the one you linked.

Yeah the fits that Nudie do confuse me a bit... i've absolutely no idea which I'd want so I'm just going to have to go into store I think!
Reply 3986
I think all of my jeans are tight long john. Not so sure though, they're good quality.
Reply 3987
Original post by RobinK
Mine from Uniqlo isn't Merino wool, just bog standard wool (I have no idea what sort specifically :tongue: ) so it's about the same thickness as the one you linked.

Yeah the fits that Nudie do confuse me a bit... i've absolutely no idea which I'd want so I'm just going to have to go into store I think!

Awesome, I'll keep an eye out for them :smile:

Yeah a bit odd maybe also have a look at high kai as well perhaps? Even grim tims? The models for jeans on their website aren't great - they dont frame the jeans very well in my opinion.. same goes for the levi website, the jeans are not flattering on them at all :rolleyes:
Where to go for a leather biker jacket, under £150? Asos any good?
Original post by Chrsi
1) Isn't the jumper pictured a little thicker, more heavy-duty-ish? I have a merino v-neck jumper and they're kinda thin? (for a sweater)

2) http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20356344?cm_mmc=Google-_-Product-Listing-Ads-_-PLA-_-la&kpid=20356344&kpid=20356344_10_0_5_F

These say that they are narrow? Or is that just an option for narrow.. :confused:

3) I'll check them out!

4) Generally I don't mind spending a bit more money on jeans/chinos as finding a pair that fits well for me is nigh on impossible! I find uniqlo denim doesn't fit well on me :frown:

I have a pair of all saints cigarette jeans that fit great, I got them on ebay though, they're so expensive! Considered getting some nudie tight long john fits.. also been eyeing these...

http://www.jackwills.com/en-gb/product/cashmoor-skinny-leg-jean--reg-10000230802 not sure about Jack Wills denim though..

Also I thought washing non-raw denim doesn't affect the colour?

Thanks for the reply by the way! :h:

I want those boots man, definitely splashing out on them later in the year.
Opinions on Chelsea boots?
Original post by Black Cat
Opinions on Chelsea boots?

I rather like them actually 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
yep I like them
I need to go back to Italy one day even if it is for their OVS clothes stores. It's like Italian Burton/River Island. France's Jules is OK, but way too overpriced!

Those are ugly, but then again it is difficult to get something decent and good-looking around that price point.
Reply 3997
Where can I get a nice casual black bomber jacket that is good quality? Preferably not a daft price, I am more interested in quality rather than the brand.
Original post by LTG
Where can I get a nice casual black bomber jacket that is good quality? Preferably not a daft price, I am more interested in quality rather than the brand.

ASOS, my friend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3999
Original post by TheVth
ASOS, my friend

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers mate, ill have a look.

Latest