The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peachz
How? Can't seem to find anything re a student offer.

Sorry for the late reply, got an email from them earlier today. Code is limited20 :smile:
-Just noticed somebody else replied, too ^_^
Which pair of chinos does green ralph shoes look best with blue green or grey?
Reply 4362
Original post by Magnus Taylor

I wouldn't wear green shoes with green pants, not grey either. Blue would probably work but it's hard to tell without pictures.
Reply 4363
Original post by Magnus Taylor

I wouldn't wear green shoes with green pants, not grey either. Blue would probably work but it's hard to tell without pictures.
Original post by Peachz

Cheers, there canvas ones , just wearing today for a bit of variety because I usually wear brown leather shoes or brown suedes
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1410435207.680456.jpg just picked these up for £30 from eBay. Brand new Samuel Windsor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How much do you say is fair to get a pair of jeans hemmed? I don't have many places nearby that can do it but one guy said £6.50 is that normal?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4367
Original post by Zubby77
How much do you say is fair to get a pair of jeans hemmed? I don't have many places nearby that can do it but one guy said £6.50 is that normal?

It's not that expensive but just roll them up - free.
What colour trousers/shirt are best to wear with a navy blazer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a lyle and scott white jumper , which colour chinos go best with it grey blue or beige? Also what colour t shirt to wear underneath black?white?blue red etc lol thanks
Original post by RoryH
What colour trousers/shirt are best to wear with a navy blazer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Classic combo is beige/khaki with a white or blue shirt
Hey guys how's it goin? It's been ages but just a quick one, could you recommend an account in Twitter that is worth of following re men's fashion? I got 'fashionbeans' and they're really cool, but I thought some of you guys know more. Thanks!
Original post by brent_
Hey guys how's it goin? It's been ages but just a quick one, could you recommend an account in Twitter that is worth of following re men's fashion? I got 'fashionbeans' and they're really cool, but I thought some of you guys know more. Thanks!

I don't know about Twitter, but there are loads you can follow on Instagram and it's easier to find, just search along the lines for 'mens fashion'.
Any decet dark wash denim shirts on the high street? Help a brotha find some (student) affordable garms please.
Reply 4374
Original post by Tom78
Any decet dark wash denim shirts on the high street? Help a brotha find some (student) affordable garms please.

Look for some vintage ones from Levi's.
Reply 4375
know its not a clear picture, but anyone know where to buy a shirt like this:
Original post by swarly
know its not a clear picture, but anyone know where to buy a shirt like this:

http://shop.mango.com/GB/p0/men/clothing/shirt/classic-fit-mao-collar-chambray-shirt/?id=23027000_L2&n=1&s=prendas_he.camisas_he&ident=0__0_1410728986769&ts=1410728986769

Mango have quite a few shirts with those collars on sale, but this one is the only one that's decently stocked online.
would a maroon crew neck jumper look good with black jeans?
and which shop would have the best and cheap deals with brogue shoes and boots? I saw some nice shoes and they're not too expensive for my budget, although I'm worried about its quality.
sorry for pelting you with so much questions, I'm just a confused student who's starting his first year at uni two mondays from now:doh:
Reply 4378
Original post by MrFlash1994
http://shop.mango.com/GB/p0/men/clothing/shirt/classic-fit-mao-collar-chambray-shirt/?id=23027000_L2&n=1&s=prendas_he.camisas_he&ident=0__0_1410728986769&ts=1410728986769

Mango have quite a few shirts with those collars on sale, but this one is the only one that's decently stocked online.

urgh, they have the right collar, but I dont like the shirt itself. plus I really like the material in the picture I posted.
Original post by swarly
urgh, they have the right collar, but I dont like the shirt itself. plus I really like the material in the picture I posted.

Shop around. Mango, Zara, Reiss. Shops like those seems to have the type of shirt you're after.

Latest