The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tokyoround
Strangely, I have a dark purple velvet jacket, well, "plum". Are you hiding in my wardrobe?

Oooo do you have a picture?
Reply 1781
A girl posts and the thread EXPLODES into life, atta' boys

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tehforum
Dark navy/indigo jeans and chinos.

Both staples :smile:

I think wearing trousers is a bit too far IMO at this age.

The right fitting trousers which don't just look like they're part of a cheap suit can look SEXAY regardless of age.
Original post by Squirb

Posted from TSR Mobile

#menarestillanimals
Original post by -TheSpecialOne-
Lads, I'm looking to get a pair of black Chelsea boots come payday. My workplace, Next, does them for 60, but do any of you know a better/cheaper place?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Check out ASOS, I remember them having a decent variety with varying price ranges.
Original post by The_Mediocre_One
#menarestillanimals

#menwithgoodtaste
Original post by ChangeOurWorld
#menwithgoodtaste

#Youarelookingathim
Original post by Squirb

Posted from TSR Mobile

bitchez love menswear
Original post by Ruffiio
That Olive coat is so nice, that outfit is so sexy. :frown:

Speaking of which:

Watch this space.
#Youarelookingathim

Can I just say I didn't mean me, I just realised how vain I sounded. I just meant the guys in general on this thread...gorgeous taste...gorgeous...fashion wise.
(edited 10 years ago)
Can I just say I didn't mean me, I just realised how vain I sounded. I just meant the guys in general on this thread...gorgeous taste...gorgeous.

Oh thats kool, it was kinda sexy anyways(men don't judge pretty women, at least in a bad way). I think male fashion has its place, we shouldn't try to out do the girls because they deserve the spotlight but no harm in taking pride in your look. Personally I think most men with a half decent physique can't go wrong replicating Ryan Gosling or maybe even Zac Efron, These 2 guys usually make the right choices.
Sarah_McGiven_fashion_blog_Albert_hammond_junior_designs_suits_ryan_gosling_crazy_stupid_love.jpgwenn5481515.jpg

you can't go wrong!
Reply 1792
What has happened to this thread
Original post by harrybithell196
Haha :smile: I got them in the sale for £129 - they are waxed canvas not leather (sadly) but I couldn't turn them down really..

Posted from TSR Mobile

What website did you buy them from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My sewing skills have proved themselves!

IMG_0099.JPG
Original post by MrFlash1994
My sewing skills have proved themselves!

IMG_0099.JPG

Impressive! Shame it isn't navy or Peachz would no longer be our resident Sherlock.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sarah_McGiven_fashion_blog_Albert_hammond_junior_designs_suits_ryan_gosling_crazy_stupid_love.jpgwenn5481515.jpg

you can't go wrong!

The thing about Gosling is that he is well Gosling. Some of what he does no one else could do. No one could look like he did at Cannes in a pyjama shirt - we'd probably end up looking like an extra from Benefits Street.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Impressive! Shame it isn't navy or Peachz would no longer be our resident Sherlock.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Lol, I think the classic olive/army green goes well with this style of coat. Navy is best on formal coats imo.
Eeek another question here but I've been really curious recently. Would you guys wear a velvet blazer? I recently acquired a men's velvet blazer and although I will wear it i prefer the feminine fit of women's ones but I've realised that lots of my male friends probably wouldn't wear it: would you?

N.B It's a dark purple.

Definitely - looking for one right now...

(if it doesn't fit you can I have it?)

99% sure it wouldn't fit anyway...
The thing about Gosling is that he is well Gosling. Some of what he does no one else could do. No one could look like he did at Cannes in a pyjama shirt - we'd probably end up looking like an extra from Benefits Street.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the pyjama suit was an exception and don't think many A lister could pull it off but for the most part what he wears is very much accessible to everyone else. I can tell you from experience since I've started to take tips from his wardrobe my style has improved noticeably.

Latest