The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

International Relations

Hi,
Has anyone applied to study IR at Trent? :-)
Original post by sarahcheryl_
Hi,

Yes! I've applied for International Relations as a joint honours course with Politics :smile:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I have, applied on Friday night and look forward to a response, think Trent will be my first choice
Reply 3
Original post by SkyPlus
I have, applied on Friday night and look forward to a response, think Trent will be my first choice

Hey, good luck with your application!
Reply 4
Original post by pink pineapple
Yes! I've applied for International Relations as a joint honours course with Politics :smile:

Hey, have you had a response? I have a conditional offer for joint honours IR with communication and society. I'm debating whether I want to stay in Nottingham or move away ahhhhh
Hey, have you had a response? I have a conditional offer for joint honours IR with communication and society. I'm debating whether I want to stay in Nottingham or move away ahhhhh

I haven't heard anything yet, apart from emailing me to say they've received my application. At the moment, it's definitely my top choice.
Reply 6
Original post by pink pineapple
I haven't heard anything yet, apart from emailing me to say they've received my application. At the moment, it's definitely my top choice.

Good luck! hope they respond soon! :-)
Reply 7
I've gotten an offer from Nottingham Trent a few days ago to do politics and IR.
Reply 8
I applied for IR on the 6th December. The wait is killing me. Layof when did you apply?
Reply 9
Original post by layof
I've gotten an offer from Nottingham Trent a few days ago to do politics and IR.

Where else did you apply? Do you think Trent will be a main choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by SkyPlus
I applied for IR on the 6th December. The wait is killing me. Layof when did you apply?

I guess it may take longer as it was near the Christmas period?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just received my unconditional offer. Almost 100% I'm gonna firm :smile:
Reply 12
Where else did you apply? Do you think Trent will be a main choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've also applied for Kent,Keele,Coventry,Westminster and Nottingham trent.
I've sent off my final decision on UCAS last night
Kent(firm) and Nottingham Trent(insurance)
what about you?
Reply 13
Original post by layof
I've also applied for Kent,Keele,Coventry,Westminster and Nottingham trent.
I've sent off my final decision on UCAS last night
Kent(firm) and Nottingham Trent(insurance)
what about you?

I've had all of my offers but I'm still unsure, its between Kingston and Trent. Do you know the date that we have to accept our offers by?
Reply 14
I've had all of my offers but I'm still unsure, its between Kingston and Trent. Do you know the date that we have to accept our offers by?

i've felt unsure this whole past week, but on UCAS it said May.
Is Trent or Kingston going to be your firm or insurance?
Reply 15
Original post by layof
i've felt unsure this whole past week, but on UCAS it said May.
Is Trent or Kingston going to be your firm or insurance?

Ahh okay thankyou, I couldn't find it!

Yes, Trent and Kingston for my firm and insurance but I'm just not sure which way around lol. It depends on whether I want to move away from Nottingham or not. :dontknow: I think Kingston offers a slightly better course for me but I can't stick to a decision.

What about you? What are your reasons?
Reply 16
Original post by JaiiStarh
Just received my unconditional offer. Almost 100% I'm gonna firm :smile:

Do you already have your qualifications then? I wish I had an unconditional offer lol!
Do you already have your qualifications then? I wish I had an unconditional offer lol!

Yup. Fortunately. Although I do remember the stresses of sixth form and waiting for results day lol. So I wish you the best of luck!
Reply 18
Ahh okay thankyou, I couldn't find it!

Yes, Trent and Kingston for my firm and insurance but I'm just not sure which way around lol. It depends on whether I want to move away from Nottingham or not. :dontknow: I think Kingston offers a slightly better course for me but I can't stick to a decision.

What about you? What are your reasons?

Its alright don't worry about it :smile:

Ohh I get what you mean I felt the same about choosing keele or nottingham trent for insurance.
But that's is tricky, if kingston offer a better course for you and you like it go for it and then make NTU your insurance however if you think you'll be more comfortable studying in an area you know well then just got for NTU
You should do pros&cons for both and see which one sounds nice

For me I loved Kent when I went to the open day and I kind of knew I wanted to go there plus it was like an hour and a bit away from London and with NTU it has soo many good socities although its 2 hours away I liked it coz its kind of more city based and grade wise it was reasonable
Reply 19
Hi,

Ahh, not in trent. I have applied for IR in Lancaster, Durham and kings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending